We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gamereactor TDU2 Exclusive! - Pics included

Andreas¹

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...there is not a square centimetre of Ibiza that you can’t drive on...

Does that mean no more fenced areas only reachable by jumping over something? That's great, I've always hated this.

I'm very pleased that Eden actually decided to push the game style in GTA/Sims direction and one more thing they should really work on is the sense of driving itself, like SMS did in Shift. Now that would be really one hell of a game, ready to go straight to the hall of fames of driving games....

;287904']Exclusive cars from Eden? Bring it on!

Also sounds like Collectors edition or something for preorder too.

Looking at the shots the Zonda F looks like an older version compared to the sharpness and quality of the Apollo. /QUOTE]

Apollo has flat black. That can make a change in quality. ;)

Is it just me or do some of the figures in that article make no sense?

More than 1500 kilometres of road was available to drive on, located on Oahu in Hawaii. This feels like nothing compared to Test Drive Unlimited 2 which is a whole 2.5 times bigger and is enacted on the Spanish island of Ibiza...
According to wikipedia Oahu is ~1500 square km, whereas Ibiza is only ~500! Maybe they mean 2.5x more roads?? Still that would be ~4000km of roads on a land mass a third of the size of the original. I guess it might be possible as there are vast areas of Oahu in TDU 1 that have nothing on them, but it seems like it would absolutely cram-packed with roads to me!!

Oahu:

Land Area: 1500 km^2

Road Length: 1600km

km of road per km^2 of land: ~1

Ibiza:

Land Area: 500 km^2

Road Length: 4000km

km of road per km^2 of land: ~8 (or 1 road every 12 meters of land on average)

It's also possible that they have artificially increased the relative size of Ibiza in the game. Seems unlikely, but I'm struggling to see how the 2.5x figure is accurate.

Another possibility is just that the line didn't translate well.

It's also possible that they have artificially increased the relative size of Ibiza in the game. Seems unlikely, but I'm struggling to see how the 2.5x figure is accurate.

Unfortunately, this would be correct. Real Ibiza is much smaller than Oahu, but they apparently blowed it up over 7 times. Other thing that is quite suspicious is 'big mountain groups' on Ibiza. What mountains on Ibiza? The highest peak there is about 450 meter above the sea. There's no trace of the mountain!

It smells like an imaginary place, only briefly based on Ibiza.

I know many of u have no problem with it, but it sucks to me. I love real places and replicating them in game is one of the coolest thing about TDU. More fatefully the better.

Well, that explains it then I guess :)

I am one of those people that have no problem with this kind of thing. Just look at Oahu. Most of what is in TDU either doesn't exist, or is very different to reality. For instance, there is no sealed road that goes all the way around the island, just some narrow dirt roads! Of course real life isn't always the most fun and TDU is much better on the 'modified' Oahu than it would be on a 100% authentic version!

So the same goes for Ibiza, take the best parts of a great island, modify the rest for maximum fun and you will get a great game! Reality isn't always the best IMO :)

Another example is airbrushed female models LOL :D

.... Of course real life isn't always the most fun and TDU is much better on the 'modified' Oahu than it would be on a 100% authentic version!...

.... Reality isn't always the best IMO :)

Would u like to have a game with many cool IMAGINARY cars? No? Why? They could be much more fun than real life cars! Or maybe not....:oook:

So why everyone ask for the ultra realism for car models, car handling, engine noises, but they just don't care about the realism of the scenography?

All I want is the real place to cruise through, maybe we could learn something useful, besides just having fun....

I don't say that Oahu is much more real in TDU1 but that was the thing that annoyed me the most, now they've made this giant Ibiza. Sorry, but I really don't get it why. Why would they do such a thing when there's several great islands of the right size and beautiful landscape/cityscape....u know what I'm talking about...:D

Sorry for moaning, but I just don't get it.

Oh SHI- Nice work man! Nice to see new screenshots XD This is so very very exciting... why dont I have a time machine?

Edit: Also, all this talk of "fake Ibiza blows", its OBVIOUSLY on Planet Earth 2.0, which also features Oahu (2.0), so this is just Ibiza 2.0 :)

simply put, there aren't really many places that are the size of Oahu out there.

Oahu was a perfect place because the weather is gorgeous, the culture is that of a tropical paradise, perfect for millionares, and the size just so happened to be perfect for what was needed.

Ibiza also has the party vibe, and is world famous for it's nightlife, it also has gorgeous weather, being in the mediteranean. If they could make Ibiza the size of hawaii they'd be onto a winner :D

anyway, Eden i in France, Ibiza is in Spain and Hawaii is on the other side of the world. hopefully they'll have made plenty of research trips so everything they do is correct!