We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU 2 graphics

MclarenF1GTR

What do you think the graphics are gonna be like  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the graphics are gonna be like

• kinda like MCLA style
    • very similar to TDU
    • somewhat better graphics but more attention paid to detail overall
    • huge improvements from the original TDU

"somewhat better graphics but more attention paid to detail overall"

I think this is what we can expect. GameReactor Norway said the graphics wasn't very impressive tho it had been improved a lot. The details on the other hand was greatly done.

"Embarrassing accuracy", is what GameReactor Norway chose to call it.

I think that sounds perfect. They have the choice between graphics and size. They chose size. I don't think the game would've been very successful if the game had sick graphics but the gameworld wasn't bigger than an shopping center.

The game is greatly detailed and that should satisfy everyone.

MCLA looks very good I'll admit but tbh hardly anyone is still playing it, I got bored with it fairly quickly myself, and like I said gameplay is much better than graphics for me personally and I would really admire Eden for concentrating more on the gameplay than some pretty visuals.

If the game looks good and has the issues from TDU ironed out then by all means bring it on. Plus remember we have no idea how the game looks, all we've seen thus far is some pics from god knows what build.

You mentioned MCLA... I despised the visual style adopted by that game, going in that direction would be a disaster in my eyes.

Improvements on the TDU 1 style graphics is what I hope for and expect to get.

I expect them to be better than Test Drive Unlimited but not vastly improved.

I'm not particularly fussed about it anyway. They could leave the graphics exactly the same and I'd be just as happy. Especially seeing as I wont have to spend money on upgrading a certain part of my PC to run the game but then, six months down the line, find my £200 upgrade a waste of time.

But looking at the screenshots that have been shown so far, the graphics are improved but not greatly.

I think the best thing they could do regarding graphics is, of course improve them. Computer games advance very rapidly these days, and already just 3 years down the line and we're capable of considerably better graphics.

On the other hand it's very important that the lower setting graphics options are still there so that we don't need to buy a new computer to run it, and could play it in whatever setting we were comfortable with the in first TDU.

There again thougn they're important, graphics aren't everything. If the game's going to be just as good I'll be happy playing it in the same graphics level as the first.

i could live with tdu1 graphics with minor upgrades lol...because its not so bad for a game thats now 4 years old.

But from 2010 game, i'd expect something like EGO 2 engine ( DiRT2), very nice and beautiful but requirements arent high at all.

i could live with tdu1 graphics with minor upgrades lol...because its not so bad for a game thats now 4 years old.

But from 2010 game, i'd expect something like EGO 2 engine ( DiRT2), very nice and beautiful but requirements arent high at all.

Unfortunately requirements would be high for a game like TDU... a lot of it is in the world size.

Have you noticed how typically, an FPS game in a 'closed' environment can run smoothly in much better graphics than a more vast open-world type game would on the same computer ?

Sure, the engine contributes partly but so does world size. I can play Chronicles of Riddick, Dark Athena in nearly full graphics settings on my computer, it looks simply awesome and runs smoothly - however games involving big worls such as Far Cry 2 r Sacred 2 can't run so smoothly - due to the GPU having to churn out so much more data per second.

Plus it's a lot easier for the developers to stick to the same engine and just upgrade a few bits.

That's just my two cents anyway :)

TDU 2 graphics would be nice to look like the on in Shift.

Would be nice but that would be an overkill. Since Shift itself actually performs bad...really low framerate but when u look at the map...theres nothing! its so small and yet badly computed

So just think about Ibiza, very detailed island and with that much to compute...i think we'd need alot better pc-s than we have at the moment:D

• 2 weeks later...

I voted for somewhat better graphics. Obviously it would be nice if the graphics were like GTA 4 but that has a much smaller map and i'd rather have a huge area and average graphics. I never really minded the graphics in TDU 1 and still don't if I play it today because the actual freedom and gameplay is so awesome :D

Small details would also come before overall better graphics aswell. e.g. a larger range of trees and buildings so that eveywhere is different making the game more interesting rather than the same things repeated over and over again.

Tbh I'd choose Shift's graphics over IV's graphics. IV only looks lifelike-real with mods like the ENBSeries whereas Shift already looks quite good with gamesettings. Mind that I only look at graphics, I dunno how bad everything else was programmed, I only say about what I see :p

But the current grahpics of all the previewshots don't look too bad.

Anyone ever played Crysis? That's the light quality that should be the goal of every game. And high res textures. You'd be surprised how much the latter actually does. Also, optional grass physics would be nice (a la Crysis).

The poll options are not very comparable. I vote huge improvement over TDU with attention to detail. And from the screenshots, I'd say Far Cry 2-style lighting and graphics.

TDU2 vs. Far Cry 2

-Leadfoot

Leadfoot, now you mention the similarities between TDU 2 and Far cry 2 I can see them. The actual enviroment in Far cry is very well done and if TDU 2 was like that i'd be very happy :D. On the topic of Far cry, the way the tree sway and the way the grass goes flat if you run over it would fit into TDU 2 really well a make the enviroment more realistic especially now it's going to have weather. :)