We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Car Registration

Kinder

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(not that we couldn't do a mspaint job now)

Hell, if that was featured, I'd try Gimp or Photoshop too! :D Ya know what, it'd be cool to have a vinyl on your car made from a graphics software, like if you created it, you could upload it. Hmm, that's gonna be a suggestion. :cheeky:

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think this its just ridiculous, If you think about it:

How come Test Drive Unlimited, an open-world racing game, a game where you can just cruise around in real streets HAS NO LICENSE PLATES!!!:mad:

If we were talking about NFS, GT5 or FORZA, but this is the kind of game that really, really, really demands License Plates, REAL or CUSTOMIZABLE.;)

how do you know they wont be included in the release? if you are basing this on the playtest, remember that there is a lot that they left out during testing time.

It is a feature that was not in TDU1, and it's quite a nice detail for a game like this one, so then they would have bragged about it. Instead, they only brag about what we already knew from the first press messages, and no screenshot has shown different writings other than perhaps earlier a different TDU2 logo.

I strongly won't count on it. They left out fuel, they are somehow not capable of making deep rear rims for the cars that need them, so I won't count on this one if it's not mentioned.

The Zonda F has deep rear rims and in a pic the Zonda Cinque had them also. I keep hearing the same snide remarks from the same people and it's getting kind of sad to be honest. If you don't want the game don't buy it, simple as that.

Custom plates may be something they will look at after release if enough people are interested in it. You have to remember that customising anything is open to abuse so it's a risk/reward type thing whether to include it or not. A Zero tolerance approach to it though could quell any wrong or offensive doings though so there is always a way to do something if it's thought of enough.

The Zonda F has deep rear rims and in a pic the Zonda Cinque had them also. I keep hearing the same snide remarks from the same people and it's getting kind of sad to be honest. If you don't want the game don't buy it, simple as that.

Hey Everyone,

Diablo has been threatening me with scary pictures of goats, so I had no choice but to come here and post some updates for you. :)

Aston Martin DBS Rims:

Ferrari Tire Profiles and Wheel Depth on GT/Cinque

In this situation, we have done our best to respect the correct design of the cars, but unfortunately there are limitations to the technology that prevent us from using the exact tire profiles and wheel depth that you would see on the real life examples. It is always our priority to mirror the cars as closely to the real life models as possible, however this is one situation where we are currently unable to meet our precision goals.

We've had one of the devs, I believe GMDestra on this very forum, confirming they won't be in due to technical difficulties, it was together with the message they were ''looking into'' fixing the colors of the Tricolore's wheels.

And the last line won't go up for me, I buy the game anyway because I like TDU's concept too much. I just use reference that shows not everything is very logical to outstanders (perhaps they do have a very good reason for no deep wheels, we just can't figure out why), and I'm basing my comment on what I've seen earlier.

The trailers show the Zonda F with deep rear rims. The cars that don't have them at the moment cannot be altered is what I understood from what Destra said, not that all cars won't have them due to technical matters.

And why would it be possible on one car and not on another? I know you don't know, I know almost nobody knows, but it's very odd.

Because it's possible when the cars were modelled the modeller messed up that detail, and the engine and models may be at a point now where no changes can be made. Though I'm not sure how that's possible due to watching one of the vehicle artists tinker with removing and adding bumpers though maybe that was merely damage modelling at that stage.

It is a feature that was not in TDU1, and it's quite a nice detail for a game like this one, so then they would have bragged about it. Instead, they only brag about what we already knew from the first press messages, and no screenshot has shown different writings other than perhaps earlier a different TDU2 logo.

I strongly won't count on it. They left out fuel, they are somehow not capable of making deep rear rims for the cars that need them, so I won't count on this one if it's not mentioned.

to be clear about this, i was only referencing a generic license plate, similar to the good ol' "TDU505" plate

i doubt they would allow custom plates, far too many "naughty" options out there, and i'm POSITIVE there would be those who would abuse it.

there are already quite a few players using.....interesting..... names online in the PC version of TDU1. give some people the chance to show how "funny" and "creative" they are and they will take it.

but too say they have not included it because they have not yet bragged about it, i see your point, but really, would you brag in an interview that all of your cars have license plates? that would certainly provoke an interesting reaction amongst the community.

probably make many think they ran out of things to mention.

Because it's possible when the cars were modelled the modeller messed up that detail, and the engine and models may be at a point now where no changes can be made. Though I'm not sure how that's possible due to watching one of the vehicle artists tinker with removing and adding bumpers though maybe that was merely damage modelling at that stage.

I don't see if he messed up first, why they can't just ask him to move the polygons a bit deeper and modify the textures a bit. Also they said it was due to technical difficulties, a human messing something up is not really a technical difficulty. That's when the dimensions and input of the physics system do not allow it.

Also I doubt you have seen damaged bumpers, sofar I haven't seen any meshchanges to carbody parts.

technical difficulty
Can mean different things, we know Rabcat probably made some of the models so what if those can't be edited because they are in effect complete. Or how about if all the assets and such for the game have been locked so they can't be altered. Technical Difficulty just means something technical is stopping it from happening at the moment. Sort of like that area in TDU with the long stretch of road that just pops up that couldn't be fixed due to the way the game engine would have to in some parts be rewritten or the like. It can be a small thing that could be fixed later or it could be a massive operation requiring much more attention and time than what it's worth.

Also I doubt you have seen damaged bumpers, sofar I haven't seen any meshchanges to carbody parts.
I didn't say damaged bumpers, I said he removed the bumpers. The area behind them was modelled also, not just plain black like other games might and have had. So don't go doubting or trying to disregard what I say because believe me I wouldn't say things like that without knowing about it first.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I think their won´t be personal plates for everybody. They will do a TDU2 plate and I think it´s okay. And sooner or later, the nice ladies and gentleman of this community will find a way to satisfie our all wantings to have our own license plate (maybe even the good ol´ "TDU 505" license plate) ;-)

There is great word which perfectly explain lack of (interior) indicators, windshield wipers, custom license plates and rims and many many other details. It starts with 'L' and ends with 'S' and has 'azines' in the middle. But it's just my opinion.

It's a bit of shame they droped little things (well big things too, e.g. Lambo). This game would be so much more entertaining with them.

There is great word which perfectly explain lack of (interior) indicators, windshield wipers, custom license plates and rims and many many other details. It starts with 'L' and ends with 'S' and has 'azines' in the middle. But it's just my opinion.

It's a bit of shame they droped little things (well big things too, e.g. Lambo). This game would be so much more entertaining with them.

Since they are so lazy why don't you go make your own game with interior indicators and custom plates?

Perhaps, Camry, but one of the big things with TDU (and TDU2) is the little things they did include. Like interior views, an odometer (which almost nothing had before TDU1), headlights, a huge world with unique bits that were thrown in and fun to use (like the alleys in TDU1's Honolulu), a huge number of cars, dealerships, create-your-own challenges, houses and garages, and my personal favorite, forcing you to use paddles in paddle-shift cars and the H-gate in H-gate cars (I loved that feature, it made my day when I "discovered" how to drive the 430).

The reason I am hesitant about TDU2's quality is because the basic game design might be flawed. For that, though, we'll have to wait and see.

-Leadfoot

I don't think we should ask for an animation of the driver picking his nose while parked outside the club, but definitely License Plates aren't asking for much, actually we shouldn't have to ask at all, because its such an obvious thing that really adds realism to the game.I think its kind of a ridiculous letdown, the fact that they don't have Real and Editable license plates in TDU2.

Personaly... I just can't think of a better game to have this feature:cheeky:

Since they are so lazy why don't you go make your own game with interior indicators and custom plates?

Seriously, that ain't as hard as it sounds. All truck- and bussims, and even cargames from Russian non-professional companies, have that stuff, and custom plates were in MBWR, WR2 and NFS4 always had an empty plate with the name you gave your profile in the main menu.