We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

New Official TDU2 site LIVE! *UPDATED 1st July*

ET1115

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either the clearly visible empty space behind the grille with mudsplats, or a glitch which seperates the trees of the ground at the left top corner.

I think you'll find the trees ARE attached to the ground in the top left - what we can see is clearly an off-road trail running just in front/within/behind them.

Not sure what your on about regarding the Grille :confused:

Nope. I stick to it being a glitch in the viewdistance, causing you to see a thin line of horizonlight, breaking the trees standing in front of it. I never heared of illuminationsand so I can't really be convinced that line at the lefttop is an offroad trail.

About the grille, well, look at the mudsplat pattern behind the grille. There's nothing in there, just two black surfaces (tilted). You can see that by the angle of the top mudsplats and the bottom ones.

Then at least they could make a vertical dark plane instead of two tilted ones. They should then give that vertical plane a texture as if the intake is filled with important stuff. Or, if the front piece can fall off with damage, they have no choice other than to model it:

http://www.autofans.us/images/2009%20Geneva%20Motor%20Show/Aston%20Martin%20One-77%20in%20depth%203.jpg

;336959']Remember, they are building it for a five-year-old console. The memory isn't such that they can just throw in more and more detail.

-Leadfoot

Well they should do for the PC version. We don't really care about consoles here so they should bare that in mind. Just like Crysis 2 will come out in all 3 platforms, the PC will have the most detail and graphical power as it should.

Well they should do for the PC version. We don't really care about consoles here so they should bare that in mind. Just like Crysis 2 will come out in all 3 platforms, the PC will have the most detail and graphical power as it should.

well i woke up. You're definitely wrong cuz i care about consoles, that's the only way i play. And look for game sales and you'll see the consoles make more money than PC games. Yes, it's true, console games are never going to be as good as PC ones in graphics but still videogames cannot survive without consoles so they have to deliver a good product for them.

At the end of the day both consoles are 5+ years old and for the price of them today no PC I believe can compete with their graphical capabilities. Around this time most developers know how to get the most out of both systems so graphics are near top anyway for the generation. PC will always overtake and excel over it's console brethren but for the cost required and the somewhat upgrades needing to be done in those 5+ years of the same time of a console you can't really downplay them.

Play on what you have and enjoy it.

;336959']Remember, they are building it for a five-year-old console. The memory isn't such that they can just throw in more and more detail.

-Leadfoot

XeqtR is correct, for the PC they could throw in more detail. Look at the difference in versions between PC/X360 versus PS2/PSP, or another such example: GTA SA. The PC version was upgraded with actual modelled engines etc.

Now I understand they cant make every bolt and fiber in 3d, but some generic shaping could be possible.

But ok, if Eden thinks they can't do that as a bad sign towards consolegamers, it's their decision. They are the devs. All I'm asking for is a more realistic model of enginebay than what's on the One-77 dirtnose shot.

I don't know about others but the whole wheel on screen vs the wheel you play with argument has always perplexed me as I never look at either wheel but the view and road ahead of me to know where I am going. If I don't know I'm turning right too much without looking at the wheel on screen or the wheel I am using then more than likely I'm doing it wrong anyway.

It just makes me laugh how much people take this particular thing so much to heart and even cry about it.

I have never debated it, as the people who say "wheel you play" usually have adonooooiiiiiids and wear driving gloves and racing shoes while gaming. I've always thought it's goofy not having a wheel, but I personally don't really care either way. As long as there's an interior, I'm happy. :)

Now for something I do take a side on: yes, the PC should have better graphics, being newer than the PS3 and 360 (and I am VERY familiar with Crysis/Crysis 2, thank you :) ), but most promotion shots are for consoles on consoles, so graphical shortcomings are to be expected.

-Leadfoot