We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Trailer out now! [UPDATE 14-12-2010: 11th trailer released]

Eudemon

From what I've seen

- the shadows look smoother and more detailed [image]

- lighting system in general & motion blur seems much improved [image]

- car paint looks more realistic with the sparkle effect on it [image]

- cars take damage and get dirt on them [image]

- environmental effects (rain) look very good

- road textures look way more detailed [image]

- car interior materials look more true to real life (suede looks like suede, leather looks like leather, etc) [image]

- car interior has higher poly count [image]

- car interior has all of the stitching that their real life counterparts do

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i still dont get why some people are bitching about the trailer, ive waited for it for a long time. its great to see some footage but you cannot review a game based on a trailer. its impossible. none have us have played the game, and therefore we cannot judge

also how could the developers not be happy with the trailer, i dont believe that for one second. its been a massive succses, loads of people excited and talking about their game generating good publicity

ill reserve judgement until i play the game, dont get me wrong im excited but we jsut cant jump the gun and critisise the game based on the trailer

Maybe they released rather ''old'' footage as a trailer, and after seeing it being released they might have had second opinions, perhaps even more when they compared it with those demosessions people like Fabien have been given.

When I draw cars, I also only see the mistakes once it's finished. Maybe they also only saw the trailer didn't represent current progress when they had already released it.

Maybe they released rather ''old'' footage as a trailer, and after seeing it being released they might have had second opinions, perhaps even more when they compared it with those demosessions people like Fabien have been given.

When I draw cars, I also only see the mistakes once it's finished. Maybe they also only saw the trailer didn't represent current progress when they had already released it.

At the very least, it was not the PC version running at the highest settings. There was clearly aliasing. Perhaps they did that to show that it was actual real-time footage whereas if they had released a trailer with all the settings on high and AA, some may have thought it to be CG.

Where did Devs say they didn't want it to go out?
They didn't but read what Fabien said and even previews and you'll see it said that the trailer isn't really representative of what the game will handle like or looks like.

It's the first trailer don't forget that. When the proper gameplay videos come out from expo's and conventions and even maybe Lee posting up phone pics (hopefully, come on do what the other devs/pubs do :)) we'll be able to see for ourselves exactly what is going on.

That's not the second trailer, it's just an interview with clips being used from the first and only trailer so far.

And to the person a bit further up, no, the carlist hasn't been announced and won't be for some time. But when it is, it'll updated in the carlist thread in this section.

You could say its because the main section of the year is first, and then smaller divisions of that, it helps to show some sense of progression through the year.

"Oh, how far through the year am I? Oh, 5/... I'm almost halfway through."

'Course, just a theory. I've just gotten used to it.

-Leadfoot

i see your point but it just makes sense to me

smallest thing first - day/month/year

but then i am biased (im not sure if thats spelt right at all, dont you hate the feeling of uncertainty when you type something out confidently then look at and it looks nothing like it sounds)

in your head if that makes any sense to anybody at all, i may jsut be rambling now