We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Trailer out now! [UPDATE 14-12-2010: 11th trailer released]

Eudemon

After watching both trailers, to echo the opinion of others, I find all the tacked on things outside of the driving experience itself to be exactly that, tacked on. I don't see any of the positive gains from these seemingly gimicky features which seem to suggest to me more PS Home or Sims then Test DRIVE Unlimited 2.

I also find the actual trailers themselves aren't edited together to anywhere near the kind of standards I've come to expect from other up coming games though this is a minor complaint, more of a could've done better in my opinion, as the content itself in terms of vehicles and roads seems nice.

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm guessing the builds are still pretty old because in the most recent trailer the Ford GT still didn't have the deep dish rims and when it showed player stats it said "Cars: 200/178". I don't remember the exact number, but he owned more cars than the total in the game and the total wasn't 208 like it should've been.

Also @ 0:41 I noticed a car in the left window and I think it may be a 67 Mustang Fastback.

@ 0:45 when you see the girl in the bikini it shows her stats and one of the modes mentioned is "Chase Mode".

Yeah im pretty sure the car outside the store at :41 is a shelby gt500, rather than a plain mustang (i know the gt500 is a mustang... im very very interested in pre 1973 mustangs. all of them. seriously. all.), just like in tdu1. Not really a bad thing... But would love to see a classic ford mustang, maybe a 68 gt/cs, but then, that was specifically for california, doubt you'd see one in ibiza :\ woo rambling is fun :)

Off-Topic: Can i ask please a moderator..why my post keep being deleted? only for expresing my thought ..and for responding to some people? and why theyr post are not delete. Is this a comunity where people try and hide theyr dirt under the carpet..so nobody knows..i find it very unusual.

Back to topic: as y sayd both trailers,look very good ...the handling im more than convinced it will be very good...thats what people who actualy sowed,played and watched the demo of the game sayd and i tend to belive them.

As for the other guy who responded to me in a very stupid maner...live it be. seems people around here take sides for some people the rest are out-comers.

Anyways, there's still time and I hope that the game will feature options(handling wise) which can be turned on/off that will satisfy those of us who prefer realism...and from the start of the game this time!

can you quote a location of this interview please?

i'd really like to read it as the car handling worries me a touch...

thankies :)

I'm pleased with how the game looks and with all sort of features it offers, but it is a driving game, and as such, it should represent car handling realistically, but from what we've seen in trailers, that doesn't seem to be the case currently, however much Eden wants to repeat that it's all "better" now, because if they've made it less challenging(from interview) than the normal mode from the first game(really unrealistic arcade), it will suck.

ooops sorry - i quoted the wrong section.

i meant this part where he refers to an interview from eden...

is there such an interview or did he also make this up?

I can't wait for TDU2, but I'm not sure about car handling and graphics. First TDU had good graphics(but details weren't best) and I read: "TDU players don't want a very good graphics, they want better playability and multiplayer, so we're not working on a big improving of graphics" said someone from Eden Games.

I want better graphics, better playability, better car handling, a lot of cars(Benz, BMW, Porsche etc.), better car sounds and more realistic Ibiza and Oahu.

Best regards from Czech Republic:D

No point as you don't seem to understand what is being said.

The only thing I've seen said about "easy" is "Easy to learn, hard to master". Read some of the interviews and media that has come out only this week and you will be able to get yourself upto speed like most of us.

No point as you don't seem to understand what is being said.

The only thing I've seen said about "easy" is "Easy to learn, hard to master". Read some of the interviews and media that has come out only this week and you will be able to get yourself upto speed like most of us.

hey just asking for a link or two.

no need to get - whatever that was lol

can you quote a location of this interview please?

i'd really like to read it as the car handling worries me a touch...

thankies :)

I was referring to this quote from the OXM UK:

"It's the center of everything we're doing. We're proposing a line-up of luxurious cars for car lovers, so we have to provide the sensation of actually driving them. We changed the physics in the first game because they were too demanding: there was no feedback to say you were really moving with the cars."

I'm sorry, but "too demanding" is not how I would describe the handling model in the first game. If that was said about driving that mid-engine car(can't remenber the name) in Live For Speed, I would say yes, demanding is the right word, but first TDU? And I presume he's not talking about the PC HC mode either! So, therein lies my concern. Anyways, I hope they thought about guys like me, since they brag so much with listening to the community, ie. us. ;)

U.S.S.R:

Listen Russian kid(17), the reason mods delete your posts, is because you're a rude and insulting noob(registered a month ago), who doesn't show any respect to the guys that have been here long before you, and who have actually contributed to this community, either through modding, constructive criticism, bringing news, being funny or just being decent conversation partners, unlike you. So, in the future, stop calling people names and stop pushing your nationalistic agenda, it would be better if you'd study your own country's history first, you can start with, oh I don't know, Stalin for example:twisted:, and maybe then, your posts won't be deleted.

Peace.:cool:

"It's the center of everything we're doing. We're proposing a line-up of luxurious cars for car lovers, so we have to provide the sensation of actually driving them. We changed the physics in the first game because they were too demanding: there was no feedback to say you were really moving with the cars."

;)

thanks much mr skep :D

No, it says:

exclusive footage which you'll also be able to find here on Monday! Also check in Monday for two exclusive screens of the Audi Q7 and Ford GT in action.

So I think monday those screens will be on TDU2.com.

No, it says:

exclusive footage which you'll also be able to find here on Monday! Also check in Monday for two exclusive screens of the Audi Q7 and Ford GT in action.

So I think monday those screens will be on TDU2.com.

thats why i could not find it :D

i am going to buy HD5770 hope it will be good for tdu 2 :)

;)

I'm sorry, but "too demanding" is not how I would describe the handling model in the first game. If that was said about driving that mid-engine car(can't remenber the name) in Live For Speed, I would say yes, demanding is the right word, but first TDU? And I presume he's not talking about the PC HC mode either! So, therein lies my concern. Anyways, I hope they thought about guys like me, since they brag so much with listening to the community, ie. us. ;)

U.S.S.R:

Listen Russian kid(17), the reason mods delete your posts, is because you're a rude and insulting noob(registered a month ago), who doesn't show any respect to the guys that have been here long before you, and who have actually contributed to this community, either through modding, constructive criticism, bringing news, being funny or just being decent conversation partners, unlike you. So, in the future, stop calling people names and stop pushing your nationalistic agenda, it would be better if you'd study your own country's history first, you can start with, oh I don't know, Stalin for example:twisted:, and maybe then, your posts won't be deleted.

Peace.:cool:

I wont take it...from a nobody like you. Im no kid friend im 25 and i think im older and more inteligent than you..if my posts keep being deleted so it be..but its worrying for a community that its member dont have equal rights..i cant understand why your posts are not deleted your the minus here not me. You dont know nothing about history or -geopolitic so dont talk caz i can make you look like a noobster that you are. If i chose to be rude let me be. I can tell from experience that im over you at any point. And for the time i watch this communty from the time it was build when the forum andd al the stuff where beta. and thats long years ago. I just decided a mounth ago to make an acount so i can start writing .;)

Just shut up and get over with it. I belive you read my other post that was deleted..if you did than that shoud make you change your mind or just keep your mouth shut.

Will this be deleted to?if it is than its not my countrys history or idead fault caz here its the same as in the soviet era. no freedom of speech.

About the handling people just dont get informed enaugh if they woud be..than they woud stop this debate and stop shading a bad light on this game.

Guys please keep the personal attacks and swipes off the board, you both have strong views that is clear but keep that off of here and keep to the topic of the discussion.

Please? :)

Sure. thats what i allsow whant only on topic from me by this time.

Anyway can anybody confirm yet that a CCX will be in? the CCXR is confirmed but i woud allsow like the normal version not the racing one i belive it will be in by all chances i allsow i think i sowed one in the 2nd trailer. did anybody else?