We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Trailer out now! [UPDATE 14-12-2010: 11th trailer released]

Eudemon

;308200']And, Queen, in response to your final remark, I am by no means abandoning my hopes of TDU2.

Ah ok fair enough, sorry for my aggressive approach, I just wanted to try and clarify a few things. But yeah with the graphics thing, imo, it's meant to be a fun game that can be played on reasonable settings by the majority of the user base as Crysis is a pain in the ass to run for me even with a fairly good graphics card although I think that may be due to it dieing again. (This will be the third bloody time I send it in for RMA and I am not happy...)

But yeah, I will prevent this going offtopic as this is not about Crysis so I will leave it there.

I have to admit, I wasn't too impressed by the trailer. I do disagree with you on the lighting though, I think they have really excelled in that aspect. I'm annoyed they are keeping the 2D plants and grass though as you would think they could make reasonable 3D models at least.

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lighting would always be an area that would be excellent due to the versatility of their Twilight II engine.

Damn over 5000 views of this thread in less than 24 hours! (in fact it was only posted just before 10AM this morning UK time)

do u want to post the link i posted as news diablo?

EDIT : http://forums.testdriveunlimited2.com/showthread.php?t=3853

The drit roads didn't look very real to me if I'm honest (in fact it reminded me of the ones from 1nsane Offroading), but I will continue to tell myself that it's an early build of the game and that the final build will look amazing.

Also, keep in mind that rendering the game environment at its highest quality settings could take hours, so devs would rather render it at lower quality just to test the functional aspects of the game quicker and move on to the next problem sooner.

The drit roads didn't look very real to me if I'm honest (in fact it reminded me of the ones from 1nsane Offroading), but I will continue to tell myself that it's an early build of the game and that the final build will look amazing.

Also, keep in mind that rendering the game environment at its highest quality settings could take hours, so devs would rather render it at lower quality just to test the functional aspects of the game quicker and move on to the next problem sooner.

remember its the early stages :thumbsup: patience is the key

Why is it that of late, that elitist PC gamers are coming out of the woodwork more and more...

This is a product of an 'outdated, 5 year old console' (yes it's PS3, but the difference between the PS3 and 360 is still pretty negligible)

http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/gran-turismo-5-tokyo-8mp-3.jpg

If Eden wanted to make graphics as good as GT5 (or Forza) then they could, despite the 360's limitations. They decided to focus on adding features, rather than polishing graphics. I wouldn't have it any other way.

On the IGN screenshots, the cap in the center of the wheels on the Gumpert Apollo are different colors in different pictures. In some pictures they are red and in others blue. Perhaps we get to choose the color of those too?

Eh? Hours? That would be equivalent to an FPS of less than 0.0001 if it took 3 hours to render. No thanks. How about 1/60th of a second per frame? Or shorter. If it's ingame footage as it appears to be and as the guy on Twitter said, it didn't take any longer to render than it takes to play the game :)

I dunno what the R stands for, it is used in the car though:

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2007/2007-Gumpert-Apollo-Sport-Interior-1024x768.jpg

Perhaps a race-button, as the other side has a hornbutton. Funny though that the orange Apollo doesn't have that, instead it has an empty round thing there, and no horn button on the other side. Means either they mixed up a few versions, or we shouldn't take the orange literally for the version of the car.

The R stands for Racing, like most of the cars that have the R letter in it. Like the Honda Civic Type R for example :)

Are you joking? I have never seen exhaust-fx while driving.

I have just tested it again. (highest settings)

If I remember correctly, some people have even asked for such a mod for TDU1.

Because you can only see the exhaust-fx during engine-start.

I'm confused ... maybe it's too late

Of course is not...

I mean when you Turn on the car, is the same smoke, same clouds from TDU1 that the Ford GT does in the video.

On the IGN screenshots, the cap in the center of the wheels on the Gumpert Apollo are different colors in different pictures. In some pictures they are red and in others blue. Perhaps we get to choose the color of those too?

Have you ever even seen a picture of a racing car? Red and blue are left and right -.-

Depending on gumpert colour they change. Its a car standard, for example a red ferrari always seems to come in cream leather etc...

So with the gumpert depending on colour the wheel nut will change. :)

------------

My thought's/Opinion on the trailer..

(This is 100% my thoughts and not just to piss people off, I am a TDU fan boy) :lol:

Environment: It's good to see ingame footage then crap computer GFX making it up. I have to say the lighting is good, however its not eye opening. The 2D grass and flat (Rotating texture) tree's still exist, however FPS is always a great thing to have then all 3D, saying that though it does look as though they have added more variations of trees and grass. The viewing distance has changed so no more pointy mountains.

Cars: Having existing smoke, tyre textures, brake textures and downgraded smoke effects, that is a bit worrying but as a fan for TDU it's still sticking to its roots of the orignal TDU1. From what I can tell a modders/converters point of view it looks as though they have reused the same Ford GT except touched it up with new textures or more high def?... Soft tops great! Wonder if they will do moving air vents. :p

Damage: 1 word... Pathetic. In the trailer it clearly shows that the cars are still stuck to the ground (No rolling over etc) In a part of the trailer you can see the CCX-R crashes into a traffic car, when it hits you can see it actually 'Spin' in the air like a N00b does on TDU1 with a CCR. Rear lights smash etc etc. Good for a effect but pointless, better hope I can turn it off in the final.

Houses/Garages: Seems to me there will be car wash's as cars are seen to get dirty. The garage's and house's details are really well done, thing that twist's my balls is that they reused showrooms from TDU1. (Thats right Oahu cars is back..)

Avatar/People: Seems to me they have gave them more animation and smoothness of their smiles. I remember TDU1 when a girl smiled it was really sharp they looked like some mutant.

OffRoading: Crap.. But more roads is always good even if dirt. Lets just hope they add a nice dirt bike.

----------

Overall: 6/10

I will remain positive that it is a early build. I will buy it no matter how it turns out. I have a good passion for driving 'Stock' cars and love it, open world and a lot of other things is really what I am all about. :)

Hated or love it

i was once told in order to make money you will have to spend money well that's not the case here.We have all been waiting for this trailer for basically 4 years and to be honest i am happy that it's finally here but also disappointed reasons why looks cartoonish to me. I would have thought more like forza car models than a upscale version of grand theft auto type of car models but whatever's the cheapest way i guess will due in there behalf. I truly mean no disrespect by this in anyway i am just being honest and i know that my self waited to long for this so i will lash out for the looks of this trailer i will predict the furture here we go:

Verry glitchie

some cars may not be completely accurate judging by that pic of the dodge charger.

Tdu 1 will be hard to top.

and their you have it monstros predictions are over thank you come again:eek:

i was once told in order to make money you will have to spend money well that's not the case here.We have all been waiting for this trailer for basically 4 years and to be honest i am happy that it's finally here but also disappointed reasons why looks cartoonish to me. I would have thought more like forza car models than a upscale version of grand theft auto type of car models but whatever's the cheapest way i guess will due in there behalf. I truly mean no disrespect by this in anyway i am just being honest and i know that my self waited to long for this so i will lash out for the looks of this trailer i will predict the furture here we go:

Verry glitchie

some cars may not be completely accurate judging by that pic of the dodge charger.

Tdu 1 will be hard to top.

and their you have it monstros predictions are over thank you come again:eek:

I think the french guy fabian..sayd on tdu2.com forums that the game has excelent graphics! very detalied,and textures,lighting , all are very good! And that the handling seemd realistic . He sayd that the trailer dose not represent the game to much! and rather the trailer was done pretty bad!

I am more than 100% (and im a PC user) i dont own a 360 neighter a PS3 (PSP is my only console) , im more than 100% that graphics on PC will look far better than on consoles,and that the game on PC will look like 2010 modern day graphics ,TDU 1 had top graphics at its time, TDU 2 i strongly belive it will do the same.

Gratz from Russia, sorry for my bad enghlish..im still learning.

i think we all need to stop worrying, its a trailer at the end of the day, we should be gratefull. they have months left yet to get all the bits right but i think its impossible to critise handling ect when we havent even driven the cars yet.

and as for saying its glitchy i dont know how you reached that conclusion. i cant wait i think its going to be great and i enjoyed the trailer for what it was, a cool little glimpse of some of the new features

Top game developers:Eden Studios

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love the developers, the world's best driving game team, is that you give us real enjoyment of life!

Hope that the island will be more,Adding unlimited test drive of the game world,Test Drive Unlimited, to create infinite possibilities

Eden Studios: I love you!!! Only unlimited test drive is a real satellite data map,Other games simply can not do