We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

VG247 Q&A with TDU2's Alain Jarniou

Eudemon

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure there would have been more but only certain ones could either be posted as of now or they were the only ones that could get an answer right now.

I figured along those lines.

We seem to treading water here. We get lots of new articles and such like but it's all regurgitated information or if's and maybe's. I appreciate trying to drum up interest but it would be nice to have more genuine new information now, if that's not possible then pipe down a little before you start to lose people's interest.

I want them to excite me again.

There is some new info even if small, every little helps.

Didn't realise you were on Tesco's PR team Diablo :cheeky:

I don't mind the information being the same, it's the screenshots that need to start changing, they have 2 huge islands and 200 odd cars, I appreciate the fact they may not have all the licenses sorted out, but surely they must have more licenses than for the cars they've shown us?

It's screenshots like this that I love: http://assets.vg247.com/current//2010/05/27638TDHR000009.jpg Really shows off The island.

Funny, I think we do have some new information. We haven't had mentions yet on the Hardcore thing, and we now know they are even prepared to look at new islands for DLC's.

Yes, there is a lot of good information in there that I hadn't yet seen. Besides "are there gas stations??!??!" the question I wanted answered is where can we walk around, and now that's been answered. A part of me wanted to be able to walk the whole island on foot (not that I would), but it's probably best that we can't. After all, it's not Test Walk Unlimited.

Knowing that a new island is at least possible is definitely exciting. Burnout did it and had pretty good success with it, so I think it can definitely happen if the community wants it bad enough. Even a fairly small island would be pretty cool. I would never expect something as big as Oahu for DLC, and even Ibiza is pushing it.

There is some new info here. Notably (and potentially worryingly) this:

FearNo1 asks if the game will ship with Arcade and Hardcore driving modes.

Alain Jarniou: No. This time we don’t want the dynamics of the car handling to be classified in one category. It’s easy to learn, hard to master. You know that principal? Some cars are quite picky to drive, and some cars are very easy. You have this kind of difficulty aspect on the cars. The hardcore aspects will be possible in the fact that you can choose your driving “helps”. But there’s no “hardcore” or “normal” game.

Could go either way on the "Good and Bad" spectrum.

EDIT: Also, this:

Another one from dfar80. You said yesterday that you can get out of the car and have a social experience. To what extent does that addition impact the game in single-player?

Alain Jarniou: You can only get out of car in specific places. You can’t get out of the car everywhere. When you’re driving and free-riding with other players, you can’t go outside the cars, because of the problems we get with people crashing into other people, and so on. So when you’re at home in your garage, or when you’re at the start line of a race, instead of having a menu and a lobby, you have literally a place where you can speak with other friends, and so on. But you’re in a bubble: trolls can’t come through and crash into people.

-Leadfoot

Well that sounds way more realistic. How many games are there already allowing to disable systems like ABS, ASR and ESP. I think it's a good move.

But eh... seeing such a Q&A makes me really want Eden to also answer TDUC's Q&A. :D

The other thing that I hope is included is car washes that do actually work?

the Q7 looks very dirty up there on the cliff, so after off roading how bout a car wash and see it getting washed?

Maybe pull into 1 of them places that are all over now and have someone do it for you or goto Tesco's and get it done haha as we got 1 at our tesco now.

LMFAO.....Kidding but a car wash would be good

The other thing that I hope is included is car washes that do actually work?

the Q7 looks very dirty up there on the cliff, so after off roading how bout a car wash and see it getting washed?

Maybe pull into 1 of them places that are all over now and have someone do it for you or goto Tesco's and get it done haha as we got 1 at our tesco now.

LMFAO.....Kidding but a car wash would be good

I wonder if this early information holds true.

Ohh and before I forget it the team from Pink Whale's CAR WASH service is more then happy to serve their customers this time around.