We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

VG247 Q&A with TDU2's Alain Jarniou

Eudemon

Well that sounds way more realistic. How many games are there already allowing to disable systems like ABS, ASR and ESP. I think it's a good move.

But eh... seeing such a Q&A makes me really want Eden to also answer TDUC's Q&A. :D

Well i hope they keep the ablity to turn on and off driving assists,traction control can be used to simulate the effects off locking diffs,which in some off road conditions is a nescisity

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great information, most of it was pretty interesting. I hope that if the HC mode is gone, the aids will be quite different to TDU1. I also hope that in TDU2 there will be some sort of airport or something that has tarmac you can drive along on, like Top Gear. :D

Great information, most of it was pretty interesting. I hope that if the HC mode is gone, the aids will be quite different to TDU1. I also hope that in TDU2 there will be some sort of airport or something that has tarmac you can drive along on, like Top Gear. :D

Yes! Actually paving the airport runways this time around, instead of it being nothing more than colored dirt would be awesome.

Yes! Actually paving the airport runways this time around, instead of it being nothing more than colored dirt would be awesome.

And make it flat this time :) If I had to be a pilot in TDU1 I'd only be willing to take off with those catapults they use on aircraftcarriers, the runways had drops of about half a meter.

And make it flat this time :) If I had to be a pilot in TDU1 I'd only be willing to take off with those catapults they use on aircraftcarriers, the runways had drops of about half a meter.

Yeah that's true. I remember on the sides of the runway it was more like a "curb" than a runway (not sure what curbs are called in other countries).

While they're at it, they might as well add some hit detection to the planes. I'm guessing they never thought anyone would make it in there... :lol:

It was confirmed yesterday that Hawaii will be in the game as well. Need4SpeedX asks if any more islands will be added as DLC.

Alain Jarniou: It’s something that’s possible. Honestly, it’s a huge [amount of] work to make a new island, so we will see what the community [does]. If people like Test Drive and plays, and we have a lot of feedback saying people want a new island, that’s definitely possible.

good good Good love, great

Look forward,But even with the new island, have to wait a long time,After all, a huge workload!!

Interviewed did not mention this issue:

Will the date be shown in the game?? But as far as we all know, there may only be clocks!Unfortunately

I hope to have a year date

2 and 1/2 hours is a full day on tdu2 - that's a little over ten times faster than real life.

if you put the date on the game tdu2 is gonna end up riding off into the future in no time.

or are you suggesting that the ten days you move through for one of ours are all the same date?

there may not even be clocks - just the position of the sun...

They won't. I'm sure IF TDU2 gets working clocks it'll be like all GTA's, synchronized to the actual ingame days. The cellphone, ClockTower, clocks in homes, they all use the time of the game itself.

It's the only option, like Fizz says it would be weird if you play at 13:06 but you do see the night sky with full moon in the game.

I agree on clock towers and everything else, that would look strange.

But in car, it depends on how you choose to think/look at it, I sometimes wanted one when room is dark. (I CAN'T be the only one).

Could be as an option.

Options/display/misc/Car Clock:

gametime / realtime

everybody's happy! =)

<begin of rant>

Another one from dfar80. You said yesterday that you can get out of the car and have a social experience. To what extent does that addition impact the game in single-player?

Alain Jarniou: You can only get out of car in specific places. You can’t get out of the car everywhere. When you’re driving and free-riding with other players, you can’t go outside the cars, because of the problems we get with people crashing into other people, and so on. So when you’re at home in your garage, or when you’re at the start line of a race, instead of having a menu and a lobby, you have literally a place where you can speak with other friends, and so on. But you’re in a bubble: trolls can’t come through and crash into people.

FFS, which part of "single player" does he not understand? :-x

This is why i hate PR people. Endlessly talk about how awesome it is, but completely ignoring the actual question. The guy asked about single player yet the answers is "when you're driving with other players...". *facepalm*

<end of rant>

On another note...i'm not sure if i'm happy about the lack of Hardcore mode. I can understand the reasoning for not having it, but on the other side, from what they said certain cars will be easy (arcade-ish), other cars will be hard (sim-ish). This means that someone who wants to drive sim-ish won't be able to do so in all cars. And i find it hard to believe there will be a proper difference between easy and hard cars. I'm really really hoping i'm wrong, but i'm very sceptical about it.

That Zonda Cinque is beautiful! Really awesome! Though i can't help but think of "sink" when i read the name... "So what you are driving today? - My sink. - You destroyed your bathroom? - Err, no..." :nanananana:

We’ll have cars' date=' [i']the same as the first one[/i], but we can have new game modes and things like that. It’s very large.

It almost sounds like he is confirming that all of the cars in TDU will be in TDU2. One can hope right?

It almost sounds like he is confirming that all of the cars in TDU will be in TDU2. One can hope right?

I'd imagine that, with an increased car count, most of the popular cars from TDU1 would feature in TDU2. However, I think he's referring to the amount and type (many and exotic, respectively).

-Leadfoot

I think something else. It was a question about DLC content, so I guess he said:

We'll have cars, just like the DLC's of TDU1, but we can have more stuff. It's going to be a lot.

All in all I wondered who translated that whole article, Google Translater might have done a better job.

And with that, google translate brings:

Pollonia may be his revenge a little later when she forces the boys to paint on the ridiculously expensive new Jaguar they just bought with Uncle dealer in pink.

Wonder what car that would be, only the XJR15 and XJ220 are imo ridiculously expensive.

Wonder what car that would be, only the XJR15 and XJ220 are imo ridiculously expensive.

Doubt it was a XJR15 those things depreciated like no ones business. They are $100k - $200k these days, original list price wasn't far off $1m iirc.

For a supercar with total production run of 50 that's pretty awful.

That's no reason to not put that car ingame. It's a known racecar, I don't know about you but for me both prices over a million as prices of 200K are awfully expensive. I don't have it laying around in an old sock in the attic. And I know for sure they'd put in the newprices. If they use secondhand prices, an SLR had to cost maybe half of what it costs in TDU1.

But it might not matter anyway, I assume it'll end up being the XJ220. I hope they get the model right this time, the wheels were a true embarrassment.

And I know for sure they'd put in the newprices. If they use secondhand prices, an SLR had to cost maybe half of what it costs in TDU1.
You're making one vital mistake. An SLR is brand new. In TDU1 there's the dealerships where you get modern, current cars, and then there's the classics dealers. In the dealerships with modern, current cars you get brand new cars and pay brand new prices. In the classics dealers you get second hand cars and pay second hand prices (some cars went up in price, others went down).

You're making one vital mistake. An SLR is brand new. In TDU1 there's the dealerships where you get modern, current cars, and then there's the classics dealers. In the dealerships with modern, current cars you get brand new cars and pay brand new prices. In the classics dealers you get second hand cars and pay second hand prices (some cars went up in price, others went down).

Yep spot on, basically.

I'd say they were referring to the XJ220 in the article, but who knows it could well have been a reference to a classic such as the D-Type. Now that's pricey.