We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Preview - JeuxVideo.fr

HOAX

Google translation

------------------------------

Test Drive Unlimited has been one of the pleasant surprises of the end of 2006, both 360 and PC. A fun way to sublime graphics rendering and huge playground. The community did not pray for linking races at full speed under the virtual sun Hawaiian, despite some minor flaws. Eden Games (creators of the legendary V-Rally) is preparing to give us a suite most successful four years later. This time it's the sun of Ibiza and he must subdue bikinis, again, over hundreds of acres at the foot across the floor.

A bit bigger, but much better!

Eden Games has since recovered the license test drive, the simulator has changed dimension. If proposed Unlimited still driving the luxury of surplus cash, it was all an open universe need to go. The island of Hawaii and its thousands of miles of asphalt have been a great playground. However, the change in size has not been without difficulty, the simulation was left with mixed feelings on driving. The balance arcade / simulation was not obvious. One criticism heard by the development team. Test Drive Unlimited 2, the driving dynamics have been taken to zero to give the play of sensations that do not seem to be too demanding for a moment, then the next second very permissive. The goal should be somewhere between Race Driver Grid and Project Gotham Racing, with a more pronounced tendency for the former. Not having had the controller in hand, you can not know more yet.

Graphically, Test Drive Unlimited 2 is simply magnificent. The sets are bright and detailed, with a virtually unlimited depth of field. The shadows, smoke, dust and water flatter the retina. This is a postcard, an invitation to exploration and tourism. Compared to its predecessor, TDU2 offers a dynamic weather and day / night cycle. From the great sunny day in the storm stormy night, everything will be random. Only one detail wrong: the effect of rain on the version presented is fairly rudimentary. On cars, the number of polygons per vehicle is such that even at maximum zoom it is impossible to take in default of the fine cars. The good news is that besides being beautiful, the app is not resource intensive, the PS3 and 360 are easily able to exploit it fully and properly equipped PC will make the better without difficulty. A simple double heart and a 512MB video card enough to get the best out.

"What matters is the versatility and driving"

Whether you play online or not, the progression system has been redesigned so as to mark a few changes in the player. The whole island is accessible from the start of the game, but TDU2 offers a narrative that guides a little more developed player. The challenges are more numerous and varied in order to break the monotony Unlimited who settled in after a dozen hours of gameplay Moreover, it is always necessary to travel a road to be accessed by shortcut from the GPS, run 30 km to go to unexplored area is no longer a chore. A reward system on the conduct of the player will entertain throughout its journey. The slippages, top speed, jumping, and other wild excess, allow to chain combos road and win money directly. Since nothing is free in Ibiza whether its first car or first loft, everything is good to take especially if it helps pass the time.

Developers have also realized that the players liked to leave the paved roads to do some off-piste. Unlimited 2 fully integrates this principle and many paths of earth, sand and gravel are present on the Spanish island. Obviously, a whole category of vehicle is also in the cast to do justice to the country roads: all-terrain vehicles and SUVs are in the game. However, feel free to make fun of the crossing at a Ferrari Enzo. As it is always possible to create his own race with its custom checkpoints, it helps to realize the challenges that joint strength is not everything. What counts in this case, the versatility and driving. Walking in nature can also cross wrecks: find and retype can unlock new vehicles.

Create a club, and crush the others!

One hundred luxury cars are available in Test Drive Unlimited 2, have all their real characteristics, both technical and aesthetic. The paint, rims, and interior options available to manufacturers' catalogs. However, it is possible to change, as in the first TDU the name, the color at will. The novelty is that we can also customize his car with stickers of all sizes, however there is no question of modifying the body with new elements. Ultimately, with some cars you can access the catalog of official preparer to change some elements (for Nissan Nismo, AMG for Mercedes, etc..). By cons, at present there are no plans to change its wheels via the famous manufacturers such Ozer, BBS, Speedline ... A suggestion made by yours truly taken seriously by Alain JARNIOU, the Game Director.

The personalization to stand out from other players that you meet online. But also to develop a group identity. Online, integrate a club or create one, is one of the major objectives. Besides the overall standings to defend the superiority of his team, it can buy cars only accessible via the clubs. It must first purchase a building to accommodate the members and vehicles of the club. The smallest of them have only eight spots, the biggest one big score. Each member can borrow the car club as he pleases. The new ones can be recruited by invitation or by casting. In many, you earn more easy money and reputation. Prioritizing is also a key to structure the club. The choice of a president, a treasurer, a secretary, organizes the club to maximize its growth. Set a course of action, a style of vehicle, color, and monitor the activity group's economic activities become full.

"The player is free to move in the places he passes through on foot"

The community aspect is very strong in Test Drive Unlimited 2, but the customization aspect of the places and characters is also. As with the original game, you can create your character from scratch, with larger physical possibilities, and a cloakroom to combine hundreds of clothing and accessories. The novelty lies in the customization of personal space, whether the villa solo or multiplayer club. The color of the wallpaper, the types of furniture and their colors, the location of the Jacuzzi, everything can be made to your taste. Why, you ask me, since it is a racing game? Because the emphasis was placed on the community and exchanges between characters, as have private communal spaces and public image of one (or ones) that hosts (s). Especially since the player is free to move in the places it passes through walk, shop for clothes at car dealerships, from naturally by all buildings available in the game.

You'll understand, Test Drive Unlimited 2 focuses on more freedom in a game oriented towards the community, sharing and customization (even if it does not "bolidage" on luxury cars). Universe in which we evolve wants larger, more thorough, and encourages more exploration than the initial component. Hopefully the AI is also improved, because we can not say that in Unlimited the other vehicles were headed by lights. At the exit, the game will not offer the ability to drive motorcycles. A flat compared to the first TDU. The recasting of the driving of motor vehicles have to review which of the two wheels, the latter will not be ready in time. A download, not necessarily paying we were told (after all, Burnout Paradise has added the bikes in a free update), will correct this lack. For cons, the presence of police forces is still uncertain. By the game's release, scheduled for fall 2010, it will surely further details.

[/url]Source

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I really do hope we can change the wheels at least, not so bothered about kits and such but changing the wheels would be very welcome indeed.

I agree. Wheels make such a difference on cars.

Ah well, we can still mod i guess :lol:

Funny that they mention there's nothing known about police where the dutch preview mentioned they'll be paying close attention to you.

Further, well, I can live with no 3rd party rims being available, I don't like most of them anyway, OEM ftw. It also seems I have to be upgrading quite some stuff to my pc this time... I really hope it won't be too much or I need to buy an entirely new pc :(

Nice read. I do have problems though accessing that website, my browser (Opera) doesn't load it.

Wonder if we'll be able to lower the profile, change the size of our wheels when buying, upgrading our vehicles. One little detail I loved about MCLA was the tyre manufacturers, I always had P-Zero's on my cars as that little red identifier is always a sign of performance to me. :D

I think most pc users today will be fine. It doesn't look like it requires too much GPU, but I doubt a 512MB will max TDU2 for PC at max. If it does, it means that TDU2 will require less GPU than TDU1 at max. Though it's possible, like Crysis 2 will probably require less than Crysis 1 and still look better, but I doubt it's the case for TDU2. A 1GB card should be enough.

CPU and RAM wise I guess between 2.0GHz - 2.2GHz and 2GB ram will be needed to max the game out.

I think most pc users today will be fine. It doesn't look like it requires too much GPU, but I doubt a 512MB will max TDU2 for PC at max. If it does, it means that TDU2 will require less GPU than TDU1 at max. Though it's possible, like Crysis 2 will probably require less than Crysis 1 and still look better, but I doubt it's the case for TDU2. A 1GB card should be enough.

CPU and RAM wise I guess between 2.0GHz - 2.2GHz and 2GB ram will be needed to max the game out.

I have a 2.13GHz Core2Duo and 4GB ram so that should be fine, but I have a mere 256MB card. It did manage to run TDU ono 1680x1050 full ingame settings, but I had to choose either HDR and no AA or vice versa, or it would run a bit slow.

Interesting, although I certainly hope they don't use GRID as their inspiration for physics :)

I'm looking forward to creating a diner challenge via an offroad route with the car restriction set to a Ferrari Enzo; we'll see how many get damaged in the process :nuts:

I have a 2.13GHz Core2Duo and 4GB ram so that should be fine, but I have a mere 256MB card. It did manage to run TDU ono 1680x1050 full ingame settings, but I had to choose either HDR and no AA or vice versa, or it would run a bit slow.

I would suggest you get a little better graphic card. ASUS offers some good 1GB cards with Dx11 for cheap prices ;)

I think you will be fine with your processor. In case you're not, the prices for a decent CPU aren't so hardcore there eather. A Dual Core 2.60GHz would be enough and it only costs a few dimes these days. If you have a little more money to spend (still not much), an i3 3.06GHz is pretty good with amazing overclock opportunities. But as I said I think you should be fine with the CPU you got ;)

Your ram is fine ;)

If I where you, at leased wait till you get an confimation for what TDU2 system requirements will be before you buy anything if your budget is limited.

Interesting, although I certainly hope they don't use GRID as their inspiration for physics :)

I'm looking forward to creating a diner challenge via an offroad route with the car restriction set to a Ferrari Enzo; we'll see how many get damaged in the process :nuts:

I think of GRID, I am remembered to that handbrake trick. If you'd try to hit somebody, and apply normal brake and handbrake júst before you collide, the other would get more damage than usual and bounce off:confused:

@HOAX: ye I'm not doing anything till I know requirements and how it runs on other machines. Thanks :)

...Nour Polloni claimed the virtual Test Drive party isle is "90% accurate in topology, 100% in the road" and "30/40%" accurate with its buildings.

Source

Test Drive Unlimited 2's virtual Ibiza takes 20 hours to complete - but that's 'just the roads'.

We did all of the roads on the Ibiza island and it took 20 hours just doing the roads," Polloni told CVG. That figure of course doesn't include the second island, Hawaii.

Source

best translation ever, couldnt stop myself laughing at points - "the driving dynamics have been taken to zero to give the play of sensations that do not seem to be too demanding for a moment, then the next second very permissive" lol

It is at least as good as my worst quotes in english, but i admit that it's hard to understand the meaning of the original french version too :)