We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit by Criterion

Rai06

Yeh, I'm just hoping thats a rough egide, although i'm guessing they've gone for size rather than ammount.

But if the game is't freerome(which i havent herd if it is or not) then that could explain the size...

But knowing Criturion, They will add more roads later on or stuff like that!(and hopewfully for free)

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New trailer.

Lots of cars seen there, I catched

-Mitsubishi Evo X (N(ormal) and C(op))

-Subaru Impreza Hatchback (N)

-Maserati Granturismo (C, possibly N)

-Koenigsegg CCX cop version

-Porsche Carrera GT (N)

-Aston Martin One-77 (N)

-Jaguar XKR (possibly the goodwood special thingy) (N, C)

-Mclaren F1 (N)

-BMW M3 E92 (N)

-Ford GT cop car

-Mazda RX-8

-Gallardo LP560-4 cop car

-Dodge Viper ACR cop car

-Audi R8 V10 (N, C)

-Bentley Cont. GT SS (N)

-Some kind of a yellow special porsche cayman edition :eek:

-2010 Porsche 911 targa of some kind (N, another 911 also seen as C)

-Audi R8 Spyder (N)

-Corvette Z06 (N)

-DBS volante :drool: (N)

They're pretty hard to spot because some are shown for like 1 frame only :lol:

The cop cars get more awesome all the time... A Maserati GranTurismo cop car? Really? I can haz one? Yay! :p

Must say though, the Ford GT's cop paintjob is a bit too Stars N' Stripes for me. But that is forgiven because of the Viper SRT-10's green and white Sheriff's paintjob. I can't wait for this!

Mmm. Tasty looking selection of cars in the game :drool:

This trailer looks good but the actual gameplay one still has me worried about how you can drift around a corner at high speeds. I can't remember but I don't think that was the case in HP2?

I'm Starting to think that the 'leaked' carlist a few weeks back was maybe the real thing...Thats not a bad thing! Jag XKR Will most probs take the Place of Lotus as so far, no mention of them!:ill: Buttheres still hope, They were in the old HP games wern't they?

Also, I have Ideas about ferrari. Since Alot of the cars from the NFS Shift packs are in this(Alfa & Maza GT). Ferrari were also a DLC from Shift(albit a 360 only pack) so Possably they will come out later as DLC! Or the most likly case is they don't want to have there ferraris shmashed up in Burnout Style crash's!

Also About the map, It may be small but I also have an idea about that as well. It may look small but the Video does say "100's of Miles of Road"(or somthing like that) so maybe the roads are Long, rather than Shoving in lots of small side roads. And Maybe, They my add more in soon, or in Burnout Paradise style, have the odd 'hidden' mapo locations like a Track or air port!

Just my ideas!:cool: So no going 'OMG' at them then going "The Legendry Calster Lied to me!"

If there are no minor roads at all in this game, I think it's a refreshing change from the norm. There are just too many driving games these days where the free-roam area is in city streets. Wide open roads make sense, because you can really stretch these supercars' legs

Criterions statements that I have heard say over 157 miles of road. So figure about that.

Not a huge map indeed, but I believe somewhat larger than Most Wanted & Carbon not by a milestone but bigger.

I think they have tried to make it with less repitition by combining pacific coast, desert, forest & snow capped mountains all in one map. Rather than the mutiple singular scapes of HP2.

Most of the videos released show the familiar blocking yellow arrows so it seems depending on your choice of race, pursuit the road has either open or closed off sections not unlike Most Wanted or Carbon.

I was thinking maybe they would create different maps like HP2 but it seems like it has become a combination only instead.

Regardless of the small map I have had it reserved for some time. A first day purchase for me. Have waited to long to see this come to full perition.

The NFS Hot Pursuit on Tour date here in Austin is in 2 days.

I never got any confirmation after signing up so I guess I am not 'cool' enough to attend.:(

I was hoping to get achance to check it out before release, guess not!:-x

Judging by the NYC video they'll be too busy inviting two bit "celebrities" and filling the street with Lamborghini's to bothering inviting anyone who may actually buy the game.