We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Beta Has Not Yet Started **July 31st**

iLLGT3

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they reffer to the aston martin day and night cycle intro video, wich isnt a fake, lots of games(basically poor PC ports) hay a press star button on they first screen, NFS:Shift, i think NFS:Undercover has it too.

Oh ye, seen that one too.

Now if that screen would say Insert Coins I'd be tempted to think it's fake :lol:

If you're referring to a Gallardo video it's fake. Made in 3DS Max. Nothing to do with TDU2.

That's correct, but as an aside, have any of you taken a look at his other videos? He's really talented with 3DS Max! Tons of cool stuff on his channel (not TDU2 related, in case you thought this was a hint or something :cheeky:).

-Leadfoot

that vid is fake, it shows mouse icon and it says press start to play.... :facepalm:

Why on earth would this be fake?...perhaps you think the landing on the moon was a fake too huh? :confused:

That vid looks 100% legit. Now honestly, breach of nda or not, it's not like it's actually showing anything interesting...

;340996']That's correct' date=' but as an aside, have any of you taken a look at his other videos? He's [i']really[/i] talented with 3DS Max! Tons of cool stuff on his channel (not TDU2 related, in case you thought this was a hint or something :cheeky:).

-Leadfoot

Oh yeah, he has been doing it for 6 or 7 years.

---

Lee Kirton was right when he said there was some good music in TDU2, really loving that song.

that doesn't make any sense? lol

not much of what i say does make sense really! :cheeky: lol

What i'm meaning is that i could't care if somthings breeching the NDA or not...not as if there pirating the beta and letting people download it off the internet! But it's nice to let Atari know if people are breeching there contract!

;340996']That's correct' date=' but as an aside, have any of you taken a look at his other videos? He's [i']really[/i] talented with 3DS Max! Tons of cool stuff on his channel (not TDU2 related, in case you thought this was a hint or something :cheeky:).

-Leadfoot

There's actually a plug-in for 3ds max which lets you turn your dead car in a drivable vehicle without any hard animation stuff etc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXJn7BkKg0o

It actually automatically converts your driving vehicle action into a instant-made movie, you render every frame of the animation and voila. I think he used a more basic method though, there was hardly any body roll whereas this plugin lets you do wheelie's and stoppies by default :lol:

There's actually a plug-in for 3ds max which lets you turn your dead car in a drivable vehicle without any hard animation stuff etc:

-snip-

It actually automatically converts your driving vehicle action into a instant-made movie, you render every frame of the animation and voila. I think he used a more basic method though, there was hardly any body roll whereas this plugin lets you do wheelie's and stoppies by default :lol:

Yeah it all depends upon the damper settings used.

[mod edit:] Please do not quote videos, thanks!

I have. It certainly is for PC because you can see the mouse in the video.
I think it's console actually. There is no such thing as a start button on a keyboard, nor onscreen.

And there being a mouse cursor doesn't mean much. I've seen mouse cursors in console game menus. I've never owned a console (PC ftw!), but the few times i've played console games at friend's i've seen mouse cursors (i was surprised too the first time hehe) so it can't be all that rare either.

lots of games(basically poor PC ports) hay a press star button on they first screen, NFS:Shift, i think NFS:Undercover has it too.
No they don't. They have "Press Enter" screens.

But "press Start to play" is completely a console thing. I've never seen that in any PC game, unless there was actually a start button onscreen to click on with the mouse (and even then it usually says click, not press). In PC games those lines always use "any key" or sometimes space bar or enter, but never Start since there is no such button on a keyboard.

But "press Start to play" is completely a console thing. I've never seen that in any PC game, unless there was actually a start button onscreen to click on with the mouse (and even then it usually says click, not press). In PC games those lines always use "any key" or sometimes space bar or enter, but never Start since there is no such button on a keyboard.
For your information, as you seem rather categoric, some PC games are able to detect if you get a console pad like xbox360 and display different key bindings (e.g. Race Driver GRID).

But that does not really answer the question. Not such a great deal anyway :)

There's no OK, CANCEL, or ANY key on a keyboard either, so your point is invalid :)

It's beta, and it's likely a loose translation - Quality Control comes through later. No point arguing about something we're not supposed to have seen anyway :p

For your information, as you seem rather categoric, some PC games are able to detect if you get a console pad like xbox360 and display different key bindings (e.g. Race Driver GRID).
Of course (just like it can detect a G25 for example), but does that also actually change such messages? I guess it's possible, though it seems odd :)

But i'll leave it for someone who actually has experience with console controllers on PC games...anyone can confirm they've seen such messages change in a PC game? :)

There's no OK, CANCEL, or ANY key on a keyboard either, so your point is invalid :)
"Any key" isn't a key...it's any key :p

And i've never been asked to press the Ok or Cancel button unless there's a button onscreen you can click with your mouse (or if a button has specifically been assigned to be those things) :)

It's beta, and it's likely a loose translation - Quality Control comes through later. No point arguing about something we're not supposed to have seen anyway :p
Of course, it's not a finished product yet so anything could happen, and it really doesn't matter much :)

But that does not really answer the question. Not such a great deal anyway :)

I was just going to say that. I get "press start button" in many games where i use my x360 pad.

I don't get what the big deal is anyway, console or not, who cares?

edit: was going to put a pic here, but it's mean and could be taken the wrong way :p

On really bad ports they do have it.

2j6zgn.jpg