We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Delayed!!!

Speed

Do remember this is only for those that have not registerd them selfs for the beta with atari.

jan 15 it's saturday so it's definitely not coming out on jan 15. they just picked mid january date so they could put something in their system.

and how are you going to say this is for the ones that didn't registered in TDU2 when Game Stop cannot match your reservation in the precise moment you're in the store with your TDU2 account. Plus, if Game Stop is going to offer this at stores, it has to be for everyone or no one so their is definitely something wrong in this info, sorry.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, whilst we get the idea that getting worked up over the delay is both pointless and sad, we shouldn't resort to member bashing. Crying that the game has been delayed isn't going to help, and neither is shooting down members who do. (even if they do deserve it for doing it a bit... passionately)

A couple of posts essentially saying 'grow up' are fair game, but we don't want new people signing up being scared of posting because they think that they'll get ripped o shreds for speaking their mind

I guess that's fair enough, but my point was that it's only a game and, as you said, to "grow up".

From what I'm seeing in both the gaming industry and in the US game release styles, the word "Beta" has replaced the word "Demo". Most of the games that I have played the "Beta" recently ( Bad Company 2 and Medal of Honor being two of the most recent) saw little to no change when the final version came out. I'm willing to bet that Atari has taken the same approach, release the "Beta" to everyone who gave them money from the announce date, then only listen to the feedback from the develop team and their personal friends, letting the feedback from the consumers after full release become patches at a later date (or in EA's case, be something they break in a patch at a later date while adding something that no one cared about.)

From what I'm seeing in both the gaming industry and in the US game release styles, the word "Beta" has replaced the word "Demo". Most of the games that I have played the "Beta" recently ( Bad Company 2 and Medal of Honor being two of the most recent) saw little to no change when the final version came out. I'm willing to bet that Atari has taken the same approach, release the "Beta" to everyone who gave them money from the announce date, then only listen to the feedback from the develop team and their personal friends, letting the feedback from the consumers after full release become patches at a later date (or in EA's case, be something they break in a patch at a later date while adding something that no one cared about.)

This. Why should companys care about what we say, when they assume we are going to buy the game like mindless flocks of sheep? They already stole our 60 bucks, so why dont they make a half-arsed game?

This. Why should companys care about what we say, when they assume we are going to buy the game like mindless flocks of sheep? They already stole our 60 bucks, so why dont they make a half-arsed game?

Because the large majority will wait for some real info from the gamers who played it before they buy the game. U think everyone pre-ordered TDU2? Maybe the most of the people on this forum, but that's only few thousands of them, at most.

Till now, they really proved that they've been listening the the customers' voice pretty much. I must say I'm surprised.

Because the large majority will wait for some real info from the gamers who played it before they buy the game. U think everyone pre-ordered TDU2? Maybe the most of the people on this forum, but that's only few thousands of them, at most.

Yup. Companies like Polyphony Digital/Sony and Eden/Atari don't get my $60 until they release the game. I'm not funding their delays.

-Leadfoot

Kind of sad that it's delayed cause I was really hoping to play it with g25 before I have to return it. But in the mean time I think it gives the developers more time to clear out bugs and do the finishing touches even more carefully.

i don't know what Atari thinks but don't make sense ether

Say what? :confused:

In other news, maybe Atari should run promotions like Criterion/EA with Hot Pursuit! Actually, maybe that wouldn't be a good idea. I can imagine Lee's tweets:

@Leearigold: Atari planning test day for TDU2! Stay-tuned...

@Leearigold: Currently bringing TDU2-stickered SLR from Cali to France.

@Leearigold: SLR delayed.

@Leearigold: Atari giving the SLR a special journey - the Mayflower inverse journey, a 3-month replica of the first pilgrims, except done from the US to Europe! Great fun!

@Leearigold: Trying to convince models (people not cars) to come to show. Weren't interested in car-building process. Tried to explain twice...

@Leearigold: Tried to hire celebrity singer. No money from building giant cardboard signs reading "Beyond Racing."

@Leearigold: Out of orange paint. Only 1/2 can of white left.

@Leearigold: TDU2 test day no longer public. Invite only!

@Leearigold: Great showing! Seven people, excluding staff. Got great pics! Going to be making trailers!

@Leearigold: Trailer coming soon of all the great times we had at the (invite only) TDU2 party!

@Leearigold: Trailer of the great times we had at the (invite only) TDU2 party delayed.

@Leearigold: In two weeks, I will announce the date of the release of the trailer of the great times we had at the (invite only) TDU2 party!

@Leearigold: LOL, just noticed that 2688 people stopped following @Leearigold and 2688 started following @NeedForSpeed. Funny coincidence!

-Leadfoot

Kind of sad that it's delayed cause I was really hoping to play it with g25 before I have to return it. But in the mean time I think it gives the developers more time to clear out bugs and do the finishing touches even more carefully.

I like to think that they are taking the time to clear out bugs, but then I remember how many times TDU was delayed and how many bugs it still had in the game, even long after release. I hope that they learned from their mistakes with the first one, but of course I'm willing to bet that if you ask an employee about the mistakes in the first, they would say "What mistakes? We wanted TDU to be an experience!" /pessimism

I like to think that they are taking the time to clear out bugs, but then I remember how many times TDU was delayed and how many bugs it still had in the game, even long after release. I hope that they learned from their mistakes with the first one, but of course I'm willing to bet that if you ask an employee about the mistakes in the first, they would say "What mistakes? We wanted TDU to be an experience!" /pessimism

Well people learn from their mistakes, let's hope they do also. Can't be sure of course that they won't make new ones...

Btw can't they release a demo version of the game when the full game was supposed to be released ?

It's truely amazing. I check daily for news, and what shows up are mainly websites that only thís week posted the Good Life trailer as if it was a recent release. The reposting of that trailer is followed closely though, by mainly the debut trailer, and articles of more general stuff, including that people can nów sign up for the beta....¬¬

It's funny to see, yet a bit sad that this is what people start doing if there's no news xD

It's truely amazing. I check daily for news, and what shows up are mainly websites that only thís week posted the Good Life trailer as if it was a recent release. The reposting of that trailer is followed closely though, by mainly the debut trailer, and articles of more general stuff, including that people can nów sign up for the beta....¬¬

It's funny to see, yet a bit sad that this is what people start doing if there's no news xD

I'm like you I daily check google, twitter and tdu2.fr to see what's going on but unfortunately not much as of this time. :(