We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Driving music!

Foofah

If you were to select a few songs for a compilation CD focused on car driving / cruising. Which three songs would you pick? (all genres allowed)

Mine would be:

1. Sniff'n'the Tears - Driver's Seat

2. Paul Oakenfold - Ready Steady Go

3. Muse - Bliss

I normally have political commentary and news running in the background.

I rarely have music on anymore while I'm driving. Back in my first two cars (Audi 80 and Mazda Mx-5) I did because I'd riced them out with massive speaker systems, so I'd blast "Speed Demon" by Michael Jackson and "Beds are Burning" by Midnight Oil a fair bit.

If you were to select a few songs for a compilation CD focused on car driving / cruising. Which three songs would you pick? (all genres allowed)

Mine would be:

1. Sniff'n'the Tears - Driver's Seat

2. Paul Oakenfold - Ready Steady Go

3. Muse - Bliss

Ready Steady Go has gotta be one of the best driving songs... and Muse are just plain epic whenever you listen to them :D

Other than that I'd probably play some Pendulum or Rage Against The Machine if I wanted to have a fun drive, or some Red Hot Chili Peppers for general cruising around :cool:

Depends on what i'm doing! For example on TDU if i'm cruzing on the twisty mountion roads, this is THE song to listen to...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpq1_AphUSY

The song is 'On Days Like These' by Matt Monro!

If i'm Blitzing it accroass the island's motorways, somthing fast!

But 'On Days like these' is one of the best! And of Course, I've copyed that scene on TDU many a times!(just without the end bit happing!)

*Quite a few of the songs from the Italian job are quite good actually, and it helps i have the CD to the film!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not old enough to drive yet (four days, fingers crossed), but I know from being in cars with people and with TDU cruising.

1. Snow Patrol - Shut Your Eyes (great "start of journey" song) - Listen to this before the others - doesn't work otherwise :cheeky: ) Even gets you into the driving/road trip spirit when you're in a school bus! :p

2. Crystal Method - Born Too Slow (one of the few songs I listen to in its entirety.)

*Only reliable YouTube version for the full version. The NFS version sounds good, too. :)

3. Anything from the NFS:HP2 soundtrack.

4. Kill Bill Theme (WARNING - May inspire delusions of driving abilities)

-Leadfoot

[mod edit:] Please embed a maximum of 2 videos, thanks!

I usally listen to slipknot or anything else that's heavy metal. And being the teenager I am I have the bass all the way up

Same here, metal rules :nuts:

Other than that I'd probably play some Pendulum or Rage Against The Machine if I wanted to have a fun drive

Rage Against the Machine!!!!!!! They're my fave band:thumbsup:

So anyway. My 3 songs would be....

Rage Against the Machine - Fistful of Steel

Pantera - This Love/Cowboys From Hell (I can't decide xD)

and my current favorite song...

Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare :D

• 2 weeks later...

Though i'd add PAradise City, By Guns & Roses...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHEUsGhUtgg

I love it, A nice cruzing pase then goes sort of crazy! Great for cruzing in the city, then you reach the twisty mountion roads where you can go crazy!(Did this on Burnout Paradise & TDU)

I'll also Add Warriors Dance By The Prodigy..

Find a Nice Twisty, empty road at night and have this playing...Pure Win!(370Z's make good for this!:cheeky:)