We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

September 11th again :(

Immelmann

Poor families that this affected. :( It's hard to believe 9 years ago it clearly wasn't that hard to hijack a plane. And I can't actually remember 11/9/2001, mainly because I would have been 6 years old, so I can't actually recall anything. But still very sad. :(

I have to agree, seems like yesterday.:eek:

I have to agree on this one too, even though I was like 6 or 7 years old. I remember being at home minding my own business when mom just randomly turned the TV on and they showed videos of huge towers which were smoking. Back then I was like wtf. I didn't realize just how big thing it was.

RIP everyone who were killed during the 9/11 attacks, and respect to people who stopped United 93 from hitting the white house.

i don't know what to say about this, but I don't actually remember the actual events of 9/11 nine years ago... The only thing I recall is me doing my homework while my parents were watching TV... I guess back then, to say that I didn't know about its impact, would be a massive understatement.

Whatever it is, I'm just glad that stupid Floridian pastor didn't go through with his Quran-burning stunt. That would probably have led to another 9/11 the following year or something...

I too remember it like it was yesterday and my memory is quite shocking. I was at primary school, couldn't wait to be picked up by my nan like usual so I could go back to her house and watch some classic cartoons. I got in the car and she said "You won't be able to watch the TV today because your grandad is watching the news because something bad has happened in America". I thought nothing more of it until I got back to my nan's house and saw what was on the TV. Even back then I was shocked, but I couldn't comprehend what was actually happening.

Watching some of the documentaries which are on the television now about it really do bring it home how bad it was. The one called "112 Minutes That Changed America" makes it seem like an Apocalyptic nightmare.

I also remember the day of the bombings in London. I was at the dentist having a tooth pulled out at the time. Got back to my nans to see London plastered all over the news. Just shocking.

R.I.P. To all of those who lost their lives in those events.

Whatever it is, I'm just glad that stupid Floridian pastor didn't go through with his Quran-burning stunt. That would probably have led to another 9/11 the following year or something...

How stupid can that guy get. He would've been killed in the next fortnight or less if he had done it.

Agreed. Some people's sense of logic is, I dunno, nonexistant? He sees a terrorist group attack the US and think the best retaliation is to burn the religious text that most of them abide to? As NPR's "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" show put it, "We're happy to announce that America has a new national moron!"

-Leadfoot

It was a terrible tragedy, I also vaguely remember it being on the news when I got home from school. Me and my Mum were just sat there watching the report in complete silence, was shocking even at that age.

I'm also glad the american pastor didn't go ahead with his Qur'an burning; two wrongs don't make a right, you have to preach religious tolerance instead of stooping to a rather pathetic level to get your point across. I can understand why families of the victims might find building the Islamic centre a rather insensitive decision but at the end of the day it's not being built on the exact site, and America is a country founded on religious and racial tolerance.

R.I.P to all those who died.

Umm...

Wow, not only was that completely uncalled for, it's also completely irrelevant to this topic, which in case you hadn't noticed is about the 3000-odd people who died that day.

At no point do I state my love of american 'culture', I am simply stating facts. I'm trying to give as fair of an opinion as I can on the matter. I'm in no way saying America has always been a fair country, which is far from the truth; as with most countries.

I'm not always proud to be British but that's what I am. Stop making excuses for your own lack of maturity.

The thread has been de-railed enough as it is so can we please get back on topic.