We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Bad Day? Post Your Story Here

"Hedge"

Back in this thread, and school hasn't even started yet. :(

----------------------

I get my license in two weeks, but today I was invited by two girls (one cute, the other hot) to go to a ski mountain for their summer event thing. However, I have no ride, and one of the girls said her dad, who owns two E-Types, would come pick me up but "he took the car somewhere to be repaired." Oh, and since I now have lots of time and nothing to do, I calculated the elevation change: 138 feet per mile, for almost eight miles. If I hadn't just biked for two hours, I would do it.

I don't like posting in this thread, because who's going to come in here to get depressed unless they had a bad day themselves. But hey, it's frustrating and articulating it via writing helps.

-Leadfoot

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so a couple of hours ago i drove to the gym with my slow golf 4,well the city was crowded with cars ,stop and go ..traffic.

i was behind a saab 9-3 and we were waiting at a traffic-light on a crossroad . when the lights hit green the saab drove and i was following .but at the half of the crossroad i realized that there is no space (in my country it is not alowed to block the pedestrian way) between the saab and the pedestrian way so i had to stop at the road of the incoming traffic ,i was like screw this so i drove very close to the saab (so i would not block the other traffic) and BOOOM i rammed her,(i thought there is still enough space between my hood and her tail)

so after 10 secs she turned off her engine and she got out of the car and was looking at her car (she had a MAd face expression) .after she looked at her and my car she went to me (i was still sitting in my car) ,i lowered my music and pulled down my window and she said did u just ram me? i was like yes (alil bit shocked but still cool and calm) i said i just hit your tow coupling she was quite for like 30 secs ,after that she went to her car and drove away .damn

when i think about it i would say it was more a good day than a bad day,if she would have repot that to her insurance ,i would be F..èd cuz it was clearly my fault and my car-insurance would be go high as F...and my probation years would rise to 4 years .so i was lucky that ,that lady was calm and there was no damage man.so chilll..mmh i should watch out more ,well i only have this car for like 3 and a half weeks and im still not used to it .2 small and everything.drove the last 2 years a e class,hate small cars:mad:

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

sry for any english mistakes ,im still learning;)

Yeah, I hate following cars through the city, you can never tell how far up they'll go so you never know if there's enough room for you until you get stuck or someone in the next lane pushes in front of you. It's esp worse when you follow SUVs. The end result for you though was very good.

yea the end result was pretty lucky for me .imma lucky guy i guess :cheeky:

normaly ..the people in my country would contact the insurance immediately after a crash ,but this lady was kinda angry and calm at the same time .she talked to me very normal and not hysteric ...

i hope i don'T crash again .teehee

• 2 weeks later...

we headlined in this festival (my band) today , I was basically there at 4pm to midnight, 5 bands were playing as well and we were the last of them . It was very crowded and many people had come to see us . But they've shut down the gig just before we went on stage because it got complains around the area. All that wait... so yeah the gig got canceled , I can say that story in pubs now.

Forgot about this thread.

This is from a few days ago, but still worthy.

I was having massive pains in my right lung when inhaling/changing position from vertical to horizontal. Thought it was swelling around teh outside of the lung or a pulmonary edema, which is fluid in the lung. Went to the emergency room after 2 days of these pains. Sat around, got blood taken by the devil woman (I have a phobia of that feeling of pressure when a needle is in), and got chest x-rays.

Everything came back fine in regards to the pains, no edema, no swelling to tell of, and nothing in the blood. However, there was something else in the chest x-rays. Around the heart-ish region of my left lung there is a 3cm nodular density, 3cm is the point where they would start calling it a tumor, but I guess the doctor didn't want to yet. So now I have to go back in 4-6 months and find out if I have lung cancer.

To add to the fears that I already have, I was talking to my boss about it, and his wife had a similar problem, but in the cervix. Same size and all, within the 4 months before she went for a follow up, it developed into full on cervical cancer. So I have that to think about as well.

:hmmm: Where to start.

Well, I think I had one of my drinks spiked the other night in a club. I'd only had 3 double vodkas(which is nothing, I'm a student! lol) and I started feeling really sick and the room, or my head was spinning. It wasn't a drunk kind of sick or spinning either, it was horrible. And the whole of the next day I felt terrible and freezing cold even with my thickest hoody on which should be impossible. I'm fine now which is good. And no, it wasn't a hangover, I've had too many of them so I know what they're like. >.<

My laptop also broke a few days ago which wasn't too bad because all it needed was a new keyboard which didn't cost much. I wanted a new laptop anyway so I ordered it on Wednesday and wanted it delivered to my new house, but Play had a different idea. They decided to decline my account for having it delivered 10 miles away, it's not like I've not done it with them before either! So I've had to ring them up and after being on hold for a day I had to answer "security" questions. All of the questions had the answers on my Play account. So if it was ordered by someone else then they could still get all my details from my account in which the order was placed from and ring them up to authorise it... I need the laptop as soon as possible because I start uni on Monday, but now there's no chance of getting it by then.

Last but not least, I had a complete stranger walk through the front door of the house straight into my bedroom with the master key to the house! It's a student house and I've got the ground floor room because it's the biggest and I had the most stuff to move in. Luckily we weren't still in bed and were up. The moron didn't read the instructions that the letting people gave to him telling him it was a master key and to NOT USE THE FRONT DOOR. It was in bold red writing too. :mad: We weren't expecting him to come either. The letting people did send us a text the other day, but we didn't get it till after he'd turned up. At least they all apologised.

Ahhhhh, still in a good mood though oddly enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost ended up under the back of an articulated lorry earlier.

On my way home, got to the one roundabout I hate most because two lanes split into three. One lane goes left only, the middle one (which I use) goes straight over and the right lane goes to the right. I hate this roundabout because everybody tends to fly down the right-hand lane (which is the incorrect lane to be in to go straight over, the left lane splits into two) and then cut in at the last second to miss being in a queue of 5-10 cars which only takes a minute to clear usually anyway. So I sit in the left hand lane as you should, keeping (I admit) too close to the car infront to stop people cutting infront usually.

Today there was an articulated lorry infront of me wanting to turn left and I was going into the middle lane as always. Lorry follows his lane around to the left and I try to stay close and then try to go into my middle lane. Unfortunately at this time I realise I've misjudged how much the trailer on the lorry is going to swing out and I'm still right up his bumper and itching to go. Seeing the rear of the truck swing out and pass my front bumper by millimeters I realise I can't stop quickly because some idiot like me is right up my rear end so I decide the only thing I can do to avoid the lorry and me colliding is to swerve into the right lane to get around him. The last time I checked my wing mirror to see if anything was coming down the right lane there was a nice big gap there so I don't even look and just pull out. Only once I've started pulling back into the middle lane do I notice in my mirror that someone had come out of no-where and was right up my back side and not looking too pleased.

I really couldn't have been any more lucky I don't think. I was that close to being struck by the back of the lorry that life went into slow motion for a few seconds. Couldn't have been much closer if we'd tried.

Lesson learnt.