We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Bad Day? Post Your Story Here

"Hedge"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sliced on finger open after a read diff plug striped causing the rachcet to slip, making me slice my finger on the edge below the plug. Also while running cars into the shop at the end of the night. I jumped in a excursion. Started it, put in in drive, drove 10 feet revvs dropped throttle stopped working and truck cut out. While in the MIDDLE THE OF THE BUSY ROAD! Oh did I mention its was -50 with the windchill. by the time I ran the 100 feet to the shop to get someone to help me push I couldn't move my hands they were so cold. Oh and the shop heater went so its -25 in the shop... Awesome..

Got to work, made a huge cock-up of the first thing I did. Spent the rest of the day with more and more working piling onto my desk while I was still trying to sort out the first thing I'd mucked up. Only just managed to sort out the error just before I left so I'm going to have even more work to do tomorrow.

Wish I hadn't started, wish I hadn't gone to work.. infact I wish I hadn't got out of bed.

Guest MrLolololXD

Well, it didn't happen today, but...

I was cleaning down the left rear guard on a 302 Boss Mustang to put some rust prevention stuff on, so it wouldn't get surface rust over the 2 weeks we were closed over christmas, when somehow the paint thinners in the container I was holding jumped out of the container and into my right eye and down the side of my face. It burned like *ahem*. So after sticking my head under a running water tap for 15 minutes, luckily my boss had some saline eye drops that I put in every 30 minutes until I got home and went to the chemist to get something similar. The one I got though was like a thick gel that melts into your eye, so you can't see for about 5 minutes after putting it in lol. I had to use it every 2 hours for the next 4 days.

Then about 4 hours after I spilt the thinners in my eye I sprained the ligament that holds your ribs to your spine, another one in my left shoulder and hyper-extended one in the front of my chest. It was really painful to breath even on medical grade painkillers, which made me hella drowsy. I'm still not supposed to do any hard work or heavy lifting.

I was somewhat of a cripple over christmas lol

I was backing a 350 out of the garage and was just a bit to close to the door and took the mirror off. The irony is that I looked behide to see how far my co-worker was behind me so I wouldn't hit him and wreck the 80,000 truck I was driving, but I did anyway. It's been taken care of the company took the $1,200 LOSE! I wasn't yelled at because my boss could tell by my expression that I didn't need to be yelled at. 15 minutes after that the extention part of the oil tub I was using,when my hand slipped, causing the latch that keeps in it place to let go and 5 pounds of metal came down on my pointer finger. So now I have a broken knuckle. Many many F's were yelled in a 2 minute span of pain.

Guest MrLolololXD
I was backing a 350 out of the garage and was just a bit to close to the door and took the mirror off. The irony is that I looked behide to see how far my co-worker was behind me so I wouldn't hit him and wreck the 80,000 truck I was driving, but I did anyway. It's been taken care of the company took the $1,200 LOSE! I wasn't yelled at because my boss could tell by my expression that I didn't need to be yelled at. 15 minutes after that the extention part of the oil tub I was using,when my hand slipped, causing the latch that keeps in it place to let go and 5 pounds of metal came down on my pointer finger. So now I have a broken knuckle. Many many F's were yelled in a 2 minute span of pain.

Aha, ouch.

We sound like we're into the same line of work here, what exactly do you do for a living? :)