We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Bad Day? Post Your Story Here

"Hedge"

I'll repeat what I posted on my FB...

"I look out the window and see a cat walking past my car, it then stops at the side of my car and looks up at the bonnet. Said cat then proceeds to jump onto the bonnet of my car and walk across it, before jumping onto the roof! Raging at this, I grab a A2 Postal Tube(first thing I found) and run outside, causing the cat to run across the bonnet and jump off and going down the street.

All the while this happens, someone walking there dog seen it and burst out laughing

I now know what censored.gif keep's scratching my car, and making me have to buy T-Cut. The game of Wit's starts now my feline friend!"

My family don't get on well with cat's, my mum's a gardener(vegetables and such) and they always dig up stuff she's planted and crap everywhere in the garden. And then this has started again with them walking on cars!

First world problems, I know. :lol:

Guest MrLolololXD

Going back to the doctor's tomorrow to find out the results of my blood test. Have been very ill as of late, so much so I haven't been able to work for a little while now. Hopefully it's nothing I'll have to post about in here :mhmm:

• 2 weeks later...

Tried having a go at changing the front shocks/springs/mounts on my car today with the help of my dad and a family mechanic. Managed to get the passenger side sorted, driver's side really did not want to be helpful.

Let's just say the spring compressors slipped and almost took out quite a few hands amongst other things. So I'm taking it to a garage to get the strut made up so I don't have to bother with it. Luckily I've got Monday and Tuesday off work.

Its only mid day and its already a "bad" day for me...

Went for an interview in bristol on Friday for a 1st line IT Support Role, (35 miles each way + £6.20 toll charge to get home) But wasn't bothered as it was a well payed job that would have easily covered the £125 a week costs of getting there and parking.

Had a phonecall this morning from them saying they was the best person they interviewed for the job and i would be a great person for the job, All sounds good but then they say i haven't got it but if it helps they really liked me as a person...

Kinda a piss take saying im the best person they've interviewed for the job but then proceed in saying that I haven't got it. Just put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day.

Would be good to ask them what critiques they had that you might be able to address for future interviews.

Possibly the HR person thought you were best but the IT Manager chose someone else, sometimes personality is the big factor (important for customer support) but sometimes they go for the person with the most qualifications.

Hopefully you find something else/better soon.

There wasn't a HR person in the interview it was just the IT Manager and another IT engineer. I have the qualifications etc that they was asking for which is why they said i was the best for it but they just didn't give it me. Just annoyed the hell out of me as it was basically a whole day gone by the time I travelled there and spent 2 hours in interview with them etc.

I know im most probs better off without it but still having another rejection is just an ass :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MrLolololXD
my throat hurts so much that I can't even eat anything

I was like that a couple of weeks ago, I lost 7kg from not being able to eat and because I didn't eat for so long my stomach must've shrunk to 1/4 the size it was before lol, I eat hardly anything and I'm full. Since then I've lost another 2kg from not eating as much as before.

I was like that a couple of weeks ago, I lost 7kg from not being able to eat and because I didn't eat for so long my stomach must've shrunk to 1/4 the size it was before lol, I eat hardly anything and I'm full. Since then I've lost another 2kg from not eating as much as before.

I don't weigh enough to lose 7kg :lol:

Anyways, part 2 time. It's been a week since I got sick, it almost got better and on Sunday, I was sure it was over. Nope. Monday evening a high fever came on and my throat started killing me again. Tuesday morning, went to see a doctor. He diagnosed me with sinusitis and/or bronchitis and prescribed antibiotics for me. Took them for one day, found out I was allergic to them. :fp:

Seems like I won't be getting better anytime soon :lol:

Guest MrLolololXD

Well I was 109kg before so I guess losing 9kg wasn't too difficult :p

And that's almost exactly what I had, a mixture of bronchitis and tonsilitis

• 4 weeks later...

I don't usually post here, because i think my problems are my own business and i should deal with it myself. But i need to rant today.

On my job, i am supposed to work 12 hours, per week. I always do work more than that, some weeks i work 10 hours per day, without recieve anything else more for doing that. The hours i spend there more than i should don't get stored so i can skip a day... my payment doesn't get up. You may now wonder, why the hell i do that? I do that because a couple simply facts:

1. I choosed to be in that job (University project), nobody forced me to join and it isn't necessary to do if i just want to graduate.

2. It's a really cool thing that will (hopefully) give me opportunities in the future.

isn't really a problem for me to work like that, it BECOMES a problem when my boss/teacher/project coordinator says he is thinking about cut me out of it. Yes! You did read it correctly.

Now, i am not arrogant enough to think i am right. There is my point of view, his point of view, and the correct point of view.

So, let me explain this a little better. Today, i went to work after staying at home for one week. Thing is, before i travel back to my home, i already had him warned that i would come back at Tuesday. So, in monday, day 23rd, i sent him an email saying that i wouldn't back untill today. Also asked my work mates to see if that were cool with them. They all said it was fine, EVEN my boss.

Then today, when i go to work, like i always do, he calls and asks me to go to his room. When i arrive there, he says he is thinking about cut me out, because my "type" doesn't fit. I got like: What? Why?

Then he told me he sent an email, about a job to be done, and it had to be done fast, and i wasn't here, and my work mates couldn't do it right, and etc... I told him i didn't get that email, and i really didn't. I checked twice after our conversation.

At the end, i told him that cut me out is, at least i think it is... a hasty decision.

And now, this can't get out of my head, leading me to be angry, nervous, anxious, pi**** off... and i know myself, this kind of ruined my week now. Such a big bs! If i am not there, the other 5 workmates can't deal with it, and he want's to cut me out? Right, cut me out and see that poo sink, and if he does that, i wouldn't give a poo about it.

Because one week at home, one job in email that i didn't recieve. Hours of work and dedication worth nothing. Seriously... you guys can't imagine how this is making me angry...

/rant.

Rant edit: There was a day that i got in at 8am and leave at 8am! Yes, i stayed 24 hours at my work! And yes, he wants to cut me out. Nice...

/rant edit.

The past few days, I realized what a complete failure my life's going to be. I just spent the entire day annoyed that I couldn't play GTA Online because it's the only thing that might have been able to make me genuinely happy. Certainly won't be another person with my pathetic personality and even worse appearance. My only hope at a tolerable job is going almost completely untrained into a competitive industry that I'll definitely be outshined in, and the only thing I care about is money, to make up for the rest of my life being so mediocre. And then I hear people telling me to be optimistic, even though in the rare moments I've been dumb enough to try it I've been completely let down with the idea of trust and being positive. The few people I know in real life that do care about me just do it to feel better about themselves. Honestly, the only even kind of good thing about this day is the government shut itself down from its own incompetence so maybe less people will have their bank accounts and e-mails spied on.

Sorry I disappeared from the chatbox Milli - I am in fact doing work at home just to keep up with deadlines on the (too many) projects I'm on, since numerous people are likely going to lose their job (hopefully not me) this year as well. My boss (who is also a friend) is being treated similar to you, being excluded from projects to make it easier to let him go, although not telling them yet. I seem to be the only one who knows how to do certain things (or do them well), and as a result I haven't had an uninterrupted holiday since the end of 2011 (I just take days off here and there which is usually from me working extra).

Besides this, I'm busily working to hand over my enjoyable work tasks (IT Systems duties) to other external providers while at the same time receiving inadequate training in filming and post-production + animation and being treated like I'm now an expert. This week I've had to drop my IT migration project to film something, and now I have until Friday to complete it. Which wouldn't be so bad if we had proper equipment, and software that worked well.

Adobe Premiere CS5 has a bug that means chroma key (green-screen) doesn't work. Adobe have acknowledged it on their forums. They've fixed it in newer versions of Premiere. But they're obviously not going to fix it in CS5, which is what I've got at work. Same story with Acrobat PDF Maker - Acrobat Pro X is compatible with Office 2010 but not 2013. But why should they bother fixing that when we can just go and buy Acrobat XI which does support Office 2013, even if it has no other appreciable new features.

Then there's Final Cut Pro X on the Mac. Looks pretty good. Chroma key works really well. But the editor is just horrid to work with. There's no precision. Clips randomly get locked together. Adding basic transitions ruins the timing of my clip cuts. I can't even move the clips or trim them without breaking the transitions either.

So I brought some clips home today to try with Sony Vegas Pro 12. Far and away the best editor for arranging clips on the timeline. But it won't import the .mov files even after installing QuickTime. And then when I convert the files I discover the chroma key function is absolute rubbish, so it's pointless to continue.

The only good news is that while each of those expensive video production tools is average at fixing up the hissy audio, the free Audacity software is brilliant at it, so there's one thing sorted... on my day off.

My only advice Milli is to do your best not to let your emotions show in dealing with your boss. Their reasons may just be excuses for some other hidden agenda, but if you remain calm you may be able to use them as a good reference to help you get other work elsewhere if that is indeed where things are heading. If you truly are the best person among your colleagues then it sounds like a mistake on their part to let you go, and they may realise it later and possibly invite you back. (And if they do see if you can get a pay-rise :lol:)

Sorry I disappeared from the chatbox Milli - I am in fact doing work at home just to keep up with deadlines on the (too many) projects I'm on, since numerous people are likely going to lose their job (hopefully not me) this year as well. My boss (who is also a friend) is being treated similar to you, being excluded from projects to make it easier to let him go, although not telling them yet. I seem to be the only one who knows how to do certain things (or do them well), and as a result I haven't had an uninterrupted holiday since the end of 2011 (I just take days off here and there which is usually from me working extra).

Besides this, I'm busily working to hand over my enjoyable work tasks (IT Systems duties) to other external providers while at the same time receiving inadequate training in filming and post-production + animation and being treated like I'm now an expert. This week I've had to drop my IT migration project to film something, and now I have until Friday to complete it. Which wouldn't be so bad if we had proper equipment, and software that worked well.

Adobe Premiere CS5 has a bug that means chroma key (green-screen) doesn't work. Adobe have acknowledged it on their forums. They've fixed it in newer versions of Premiere. But they're obviously not going to fix it in CS5, which is what I've got at work. Same story with Acrobat PDF Maker - Acrobat Pro X is compatible with Office 2010 but not 2013. But why should they bother fixing that when we can just go and buy Acrobat XI which does support Office 2013, even if it has no other appreciable new features.

Then there's Final Cut Pro X on the Mac. Looks pretty good. Chroma key works really well. But the editor is just horrid to work with. There's no precision. Clips randomly get locked together. Adding basic transitions ruins the timing of my clip cuts. I can't even move the clips or trim them without breaking the transitions either.

So I brought some clips home today to try with Sony Vegas Pro 12. Far and away the best editor for arranging clips on the timeline. But it won't import the .mov files even after installing QuickTime. And then when I convert the files I discover the chroma key function is absolute rubbish, so it's pointless to continue.

The only good news is that while each of those expensive video production tools is average at fixing up the hissy audio, the free Audacity software is brilliant at it, so there's one thing sorted... on my day off.

My only advice Milli is to do your best not to let your emotions show in dealing with your boss. Their reasons may just be excuses for some other hidden agenda, but if you remain calm you may be able to use them as a good reference to help you get other work elsewhere if that is indeed where things are heading. If you truly are the best person among your colleagues then it sounds like a mistake on their part to let you go, and they may realise it later and possibly invite you back. (And if they do see if you can get a pay-rise :lol:)

No problem Ryzza, i was being annoying, as always. Thing is, i am not being excluded from projects, i am being required! Much more than i should, as i said, i should work 12 hours per week, and i work a lot more than that. And it seems that everytime i get away for a while, something stupid happens and who takes the blame is me, by not being "present". Because if they contact me via email, i will sure reply.

So, yes, it doesn't make any sense indeed! They make mistakes, and i am the one that will get cut out. :lol:

My conversation with my boss was very polited and very calm, i still don't know how i managed to have such self-control, because what i really wanted was flip the table and walk off, but somehow, i was calm and could talk properly. And, if i get indeed out of the project, even if they invite me back, i won't back. Yes, that's a problem that i have, but i don't back once i get kicked. Specially because, if i get back, i won't get a pay-raise. Since my job isn't a job, just an university project, there aren't pay-raises. Gouvernament pays me, not my boss. Gouvernament thinks i work 12 hours per week, and not a lot more.

I don't really know what i could do to avoid or after i get kicked out of this... if i could go to justice, because it's quite unfair, i've been working like a slave, with the motivation of being a good learning for my future, but... everything has a limit...

I also don't know if i am being able to truly expose the situation here, with words in english, but really... this isn't just mi mi mi.

And, why can't you get Premiere CS6?

NotACactus: That's the begining of depression, quit that poo and move your arse, otherwise life will slap you hard, and i will too. Plus, your situation could be a lot worse, so it's quite unfair to be so upset about it and there's no time for self-pity... clock is running.

The only person that can change you and your life, sadly it's yourself. World is ugly and life sucks. Isn't a reason to give up though.