We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Good Day? Post Your Story Here!

Ryzza5

Just did an MOT history check on my car expecting it to be clocked because my steering wheel is stupidly worn considering its mileage, but it all adds up, so must be French quality letting the wheel down. Some points of laughter though, the MOT advisories from previous years:

2006: Offside Rear brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened. Slight binding o/s/r brakes. Horn requires replacing. Handbrake requires attention.

2007: Brake pedal anti-slip provision missing. Offside Rear brake disc excessively scored. Horn not loud enough to be heard by another road user. (Car failed this test, lol)

2008: No advisories

2009: Nearside Rear Lower Shock absorber has a slightly worn bush (don't know how it lasted so long, but I replaced it a couple of months ago with two new shock absorbers)

2010: No advisories

2011: Wear to o/s front tyre -- wear to front brake discs (all replaced by January 2012)

2012: Slight blow from rear exhaust joint -- hand brake efficiency just in limit (I knew about the exhaust blowing and the handbrake works fine so me no understand)

Ordered some new Meguiars Gold Class Car Shampoo from Amazon and was annoyed to learn they'd dispatched it using DPD which meant I couldn't collect it from the post office as when I'm not in the couriers usually take it back to their depot 20 miles away. Get home today, no card in the door to say they couldn't deliver. Dad has already been home and DPD had left my parcel with the guy next door who came over straight away to give my parcel to my dad, and it was waiting on my desk when I got home. Sweet.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MrLolololXD

I'm booked in for 1 week of holidays on the week of the 24th of September :D

And I've also been invited to test drive the new 86... :mhmm: Could be interesting considering I'm on my L plates :p

Guest MrLolololXD

18 on the 21st of November :D And even still, I don't think they'd like an L plater driving their brand new sports car D:

Bank Holiday Monday. Wooo! I almost succeeded in doing what I hoped to do. Absolutely sod all.

Usually I have to do something or be somewhere else every single day of the week, but I set aside today to be a total lazy day. Got out of bed late, made breakfast, sat on the computer, played a stupid amount of Sleeping Dogs and CS: Global Offensive, chilled out to some music. Then I accidentally did some clothes washing, but that's the only work I did all day, just like old school/college holiday times. Also been reminiscing about old times as I always do.

Enjoyed it so much I think I might book my birthday off work in a couple of weeks so I can do it again, I might also book the week before Christmas off as well so I get two weeks off like I used to.

Bank Holiday Monday. Wooo! I almost succeeded in doing what I hoped to do. Absolutely sod all.

Usually I have to do something or be somewhere else every single day of the week, but I set aside today to be a total lazy day. Got out of bed late, made breakfast, sat on the computer, played a stupid amount of Sleeping Dogs and CS: Global Offensive, chilled out to some music. Then I accidentally did some clothes washing, but that's the only work I did all day, just like old school/college holiday times. Also been reminiscing about old times as I always do.

Enjoyed it so much I think I might book my birthday off work in a couple of weeks so I can do it again, I might also book the week before Christmas off as well so I get two weeks off like I used to.

Baaasically what I've been doing for the past 6 weeks more or less :cheeky:

I was invited to a "classy" French restaurant in the UES (Upper East Side, where all the richies live) today. Food was pretty good, but I was waiting for the dessert, because that's what French cuisine is known for, isn't it? :) Chocolate cake with warm chocolate syrup inside topped with vanilla ice cream?

Best meal ever. :lol: