We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Good Day? Post Your Story Here!

Ryzza5

Finished 4th, 3rd, and 4th in my league races last night (out of 13), the racing was very close because I'd spend all lap trying to get ahead, and then they would draft and overtake on the main straight,and then do it all again.

I have a thread in the GT5 section where all the video replays are if anyone is interested.

Ryzza's GT5 Aussie Racing League videos | turboduck forum

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday, actually- I had a really positive attitude, which I havent had for a long time (sure i'm still usually positive, but not REALLY positive), and decided to start clearing the useless crap out of my room (I have 3 drawers under my bed which have been full of things that I dont use for about 7 years. Hello extra storage space), and even with the little I have done compared to the whole job, my room feels bigger and I enjoy being in it more- it is where my computer and cockpit are, so I spend a lot of time in here anyway, but it didnt feel like MY room before- now its well on its way to that feeling.

Not only that, but around mid-day a mate of mine who also owns a corolla, an ae92 4 door hatch, slammed on 15x8 wheels, silvertop 20v... awesome car... anyway, he came over because we were taking his headlights apart to paint the housings black. So we did that and while they were drying we re-glued part of my spoiler back on.

All the work I did -and the fact that I actually pulled an all nighter and had been up for 34 hours by the stage I went to bed- meant I was really tired, went to bed at 10:30pm- thats a whole 6 hours earlier than I normally go to bed... My sleeping pattern gets really screwed up thanks to playing online lmao... So yeah, that meant I woke up at a reasonable time, like 8am, rather than 1pm today. Feeling great :)

Last day at work today for a week. Using up the last five days of holiday entitlement before the new holiday year starts in April.

Kicking off with being pro-active by having a good hard look at the front suspension and some other things on my car. Got a knocking noise (proper knocking like fist-on-wooden-table rather than clicking) when I turn left at slow(er) speeds. I've read that it could be drop-links or it could be CV joints. To be honest it'll probably be neither of those and be the most expensive thing ever like dampers or top mounts because it likes to do that. If it was drop-links they'd be £8 each and I could have both changed in less than an hour even at my amateur mechanic level. The 306 forums suggest that if it's CV joints you might as well get a whole new drive-shaft for one reason or another which would be hilarious.. or not, it'd be the most Hellish thing ever.

Other than that I plan to give the car a proper clean while I wait for the parts to show up now that it's technically Spring, then I plan to hopefully do naff-all :p

My Digital Piano is back from being repaired (LCD screen needed replacing). Yamaha supplied the parts (worth $400) for free even though I'm out of warranty by over a year too - just paid $150 for labour. (So they should given the original price of the piano).

Took both front wheels off the car today to see if I could find the cause of the knocking noise, but everything looks and feels as solid as it should be, including the drop-links. So I'm none-the-wiser on that side of things.

Also took the passenger front brake pads out as it's been squealing for the last few months if I'm lightly pressing the brakes as I come to a stop, or if I'm turning right slightly at very low speeds. Nice ridge in the rear pad and on the rear of the disc so I'm guessing something has been stuck in the pad somewhere for a while. Hopefully now I've had it out and inspected it that will have given the offending article enough chance to sod off. I'll probably need a new brake disc though if I want to be really picky.

I went out jogging for the first time in this year as it was sunny and 10 degrees. Wasn't in the best condition, but that's normal after winter when I just usually go to gym to keep myself alive.

:)

It's been snowing and 0 degrees here. I hate you. :evil: At least I have monies now so I can treat myself to a new pair of trainers before I start running again! And my brother might go running with me too :hmmm:

Don't hate me please! It's been snowing here for 3 days I think. The Sunday I went jogging on was the first and probably last sunny day in this month. :( I can't even try my new detailing products that arrived yesterday at the local post office on my sister's and her BF's car. They even called me if I want to wash it when they're visiting us on Saturday.

Went into an exam for my college part of the apprenticeship, with all signs pointing to a fail(pre-test's getting me a score of 27% tops...)

Walk out with a Merit grade(second best), which is a 75% - 90% pass.

Great as have no exams to re-sit, and next one will be sometime in Second year(November or so).

Why is it good? Because I fail an exam it means I get a bollocking from work, and means they can get rid of me if they want.(and at the pay I'm getting for an apprentice, do not want that).

Also got a next week booked off for holiday, so great way to start it. 20th birthday celebrations on Saturday night(not mine), looking at a car which i'm 90% sure i'll be buying & the fresh dump of heavy snow in the north of Scotland(im in the south at the moment) means that I'll be able to go skiing during the week & not have ton's of people.

Life if good.

Thanks, I hope I do well enough to get onto the graduate scheme. Almost double the salary and would only keep going up as the company treat their staff well and offer decent pay.

I already get 20% more per hour than my mum and I'm just working part-time alongside uni. :lol:

Went to see one of my favourite bands for my 21st, first proper gig since I was 13 and it was so good I'm not sure I can describe it without breaking the forum rules on swearing :p also got to see my girlfriend for a bit as I won't see her for a while and home for easter to see my family. Oh and I'm 21 so I can legally drive a HGV :)