We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Team VVV Video Previews

Eudemon

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh his wheel set up looked pretty awful. There was a huge deadzone, but that could be as much to do with him as the game. TDU's handling and physics were pretty awful but given some time to adapt to its odd style you could have fun with it. That will be the same here.

I personally cannot stand the sim handling crowd, no one promised you realism and if you care that much stay on GT5. You can't criticise a game for not giving you things it never said it would to begin with. Sure it looks a little awkward at times but we'll learn.

Atari are gonna love you for that :cheeky:
I'll be saying what I think of the game be it good or bad regardless. The point of a community is to talk about and help improve the game they are about, sometimes that means you need to be cruel to be kind. :bananadance:

Tbh his wheel set up looked pretty awful. There was a huge deadzone, but that could be as much to do with him as the game. TDU's handling and physics were pretty awful but given some time to adapt to its odd style you could have fun with it. That will be the same here.

I personally cannot stand the sim handling crowd, no one promised you realism and if you care that much stay on GT5. You can't criticise a game for not giving you things it never said it would to begin with. Sure it looks a little awkward at times but we'll learn.

Couldn't agree more, there is certainly a time and a place for sim physics, but TDU isn't it. As far as I can tell 99% of what people are complaining about is stuff we were never told would be in, it's just stuff people really want and somehow managed to expect it in the game.

The more I watch VVV's videos, the less problem I have with the driving model. I'm happy to see G25 has better response than Fanatec...;)

Regarding our expectations, no1 sane really expected TDU2 to be a simulation. Wanted yes, but not seriously expected. What we didn't expect is even more arcade physics than before and worse wheel support.

New model does look quite simplified and dull comparing to the old one, but from what I see from the videos, I could get used to it after a while. Hopefully.

It's a start, I'm sure the people who will stay with the game like they have done with TDU will be showing what they want to Atari and Eden. As what people have to remember is the "Next big thing" (Nbt) crowd will disappear when the Nbt comes and we'll be the ones still playing, wanting MOOAR and buying the DLC. :D

is it possible that final version of this game has better graphics than in beta?

because what im seeing is that textures are much more detailed in here. I was playing beta maxed out @ 2048x1536 and i could only dream about graphics like that ...

and these are great videos, best ive seen so far! :)

is it possible that final version of this game has better graphics than in beta?

because what im seeing is that textures are much more detailed in here. I was playing beta maxed out @ 2048x1536 and i could only dream about graphics like that ...

and these are great videos, best ive seen so far! :)

Could be. I've also noticed that, not sure if it's because he's playin' the PS3 version, but it shouldn't be the reason. It's not the only thing that differs from the beta. Handling is way better too. One can clearly see that all the problems he got with it is due to lack of proper wheel setup.

;387321']Watching him say he will "muck about" with wheel options "later" is torture. Just adjust the damn linearity!

-Leadfoot

this :thumbsup:

btw, he replied to someone on youtube about why he is using automatic gear, this is his reply

yeah there's quite a delay in gear changes and I've seen no benefit in using manual on this game so far.

Could this be something to worry about? i mean i always use manual gear in my games and it would suck if there was a delay?

Could be. I've also noticed that, not sure if it's because he's playin' the PS3 version, but it shouldn't be the reason. It's not the only thing that differs from the beta. Handling is way better too. One can clearly see that all the problems he got with it is due to lack of proper wheel setup.

Yea handling is better, much better.

About this graphics thing...usually pc versions have better graphics compared to consoles but this ps3 version in those videos is killing the graphics ive seen in pc beta version...even on full settings

@ B@tLLs

i really dont think that gear delay is going to be an issue. Because even in the early beta version i didnt have any delays with my gear changes using h-pattern with clutch. Only problem that occured was that the clutch didnt want to function properly. I dont think that they messed it up in the final version of the game...even beta worked fine with gear changes :D