We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Member Reviews

superhyper

What would you rate TDU2 out of 10? (1 being the worst)  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rate TDU2 out of 10? (1 being the worst)

First of all, I don't know if this is a good idea for a thread. Whatever, here goes anyways...

So TDU2 will be released in a few days around the world and some TDUCkers have already received their copies. So the idea of this thread would be so that users could post their experiences, what they like, what they don't etc in this one thread. So when you have your copy and have played it for some time, unleash your inner journalist and write a review of it here for everyone to see (and discuss about)!

REMEMBER, THIS IS A PLACE FOR REVIEWS ABOUT THE GAME ITSELF, IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE GAME AND ARE JUDGING IT BY SOME RANDOM LEAKED BETA FOOTAGE, PLEASE GO WRITE ABOUT IT ELSEWHERE!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...to start off, I liked the beginning, and the Ferrari sound while it was driving in the cut-scene was a tease since the car's sound in the game sounds nothing like that. I found the graphics pretty good, well at least the environment graphics. The car models were good, but they seem like toys rather than actual cars. I thought that the physics are crappy at best, i'm really not a fan of how the cars feel; way too arcade-ish. I have also found many bugs (I fell into a hole at the entrance of a tunnel, the high beams don't produce any bright light just a black line across the screen for a second.) Then here are little things like no seat adjustment, head turning in cockpit, there's wheel spin even when I apply the smallest amount of throttle, and the brakes seem very unnatural.

But, I like the story line, found it interesting. I really like the weather, I think they got that perfectly right. I'm in love with the scenery of the Ibiza, absolutely stunning! And, I love that we got things such as headlights and indicators.

Overall, I gave the game a 6/10 because I like it , but it fell below my expectations. I feel as though they went a step backward rather than forward and feel that the game isn't as good as it could for the 4+ years Atari had to develop the game.

I'm praying that there will be a MAJOR patch that will hopefully solve most of the issues the game has.

Like I said many times before, the game has A LOT of potential to be the greatest, it just needs more work put into it before it can get there.

Got sent the game early (i'm in UK), love it, don't see why everyones complaining? Everyone always wanted day / night sequences, everyone wanted dynamic weather, everyone wanted better graphics. As soon as one thing is how they just wanted it its a disaster. The physics inst great.. but has TDU's ever? They never claimed it to be a simulator, if your looking for a simulator then TDU isnt the game of choice.

I've had problems with my G27 and the game but after a lot of fiddling, I seem to have it running nicely.

I run the game on full graphics and I don't have the reccomended card (alas I have the nVidia 275 :p).

Please appreciate it for everything it has got at the moment, physics may be patched to be improved but I don't see why everyones so upset.

Don't bite my head off for this please haha, just my opinion

Cheers guys.

Jak

still a TDU1 signature physics so its good, tachometer has a light now when its dark but I hope there is a switch to turn it on even in day time. still loving this game!

I play this game for the cruise part not the racing part thats why it is still the best car cruising game for me!

Game is rather good. But rather good, really is not enough.

Handling is annoying.

Performance sucks.

Game focusing on some weird on-place Social Aspects.

It's not enough. Really.

One thing is certain. I definitely, won't spend as much time on this game, as i had on the First Unlimited.

Given that I've been playing for the best part of a week I really should get around to doing this but I'm just too consumed with the game and being ill...

To be very brief I think I would award this game 7/10

Pros

-Ibiza is a very nice environment to be in, good variety of scenery that everywhere feels unique.

-The addition of active aero and functioning convertibles is fun.

-The collectible wrecks are a good idea and would keep you occupied for a fair amount of time, assuming you aren't using a guide... like me. lol

-Money is easy enough to come by, you won't spend weeks driving a bucket.

-Progression through the game feels good, you don't spend a lot of time feeling like you're getting nowhere, this I think is in part thanks to the new leveling system which awards players point for every aspect of the game, racing to freeriding.

-The game is simple enough to pick up and play, although it can at times feel like you're hand is being held for everything.

-Longevity, there's plenty, but we knew this from the original.

-Lot's of new freeride and multiplayer activities.

Cons

-Glitches. No way of avoiding this sadly, the game does feel rushed. I have so far spawned in the sea, driven an invisible Veyron, fallen through the floor, encountered crashes when entering houses, been stuck inside scenery, owned a C8 Aileron with a sticking out wheel and had my save game erased.

-Story. I know it doesn't matter but my god is it awful, not just in script but in execution. Luckily this is for the most part easily ignored.

-Physics. Whilst I have learnt to use them I'm afraid to say they are poor, not the end of the world but a shame none the less.

-Variety. Whilst freeride has received a fair few new modes the single player events are pretty much stagnant. You have races, speedtraps, constant speed, eliminator and time trial events. Then the side missions consist of, delivery, time trial, taxiing (with driving gauge or jolt meter) and adrenaline rush. All are pretty simple and it is a case of quantity over variety.

-Cars. Building on the variety issue we have the cars, I won't dwell on this as you've all seen it yourselves.

-Damage. Annoying, basically. If there was a way of repairing your car in freeride it would be fine but tediously you can only repair your car by jumping to your house.

-Online. For the moment it is unstable and riddled with connection issues, however this I expect will change very soon.

In short it is a game that at first will disappoint but in time will provide great replay value and fun with friends. I'd be surprised if you instantly fell in love with TDU2, but as surprised if you didn't come to like it more over time.

It's not perfect but then neither was the first. I'm still mixed towards it but even when my save was erased I didn't feel like playing something else.

Good review t, things to remember is these reviews even the stupid ones (1-4/10 idiots) are for the day 1 release version. So going by what's being said by a majority things will hopefully very well change for the better. Perhaps they felt going over to a different area of handling was the way to go, but from what is being said it sounds like they went too far over in that respect.

They're definitely hearing what's being said, the whiners no but the ones who are being concise and explaining their opinion constructively, you guys are helping a lot!

Pro:

New Island, different type of roads as compared to Oahu.

Day/Night cycle

Weather (still waiting for my first no sun day)

Better handling than TDU1

Top on cabrios work

Better drifting

My cons are mostly bugs/weird decisions;

Con:

Weird tuning, sometimes 1 HP deducts ALOT from the 0-100km/h time ((+1hp/-.5 sec)

Weird tuning, why would I buy tuning if 2k ingame currency gives me 1 extra HP on 300HP? (less than .5%)

GPS just auto focuses on some garage for no reason

Clutch doesnt work properly;

you can start out of 4th and the first 1000rpm there is no engine sound.

When you shift back a gear too much, it sounds and and looks like the RPM

are back around stationary, although they are still around 3.5-4k rpm

The name of the race and the irritating $@#%# who announces everything. After a few races you know all announcements and want to kill her. Also, she speaks of tires on asphalt warming or something before the starting line, when in a offroad race. :confused:

Offroading isnt really offroading. It feels like driving on bumpy slippery asphalt

The way the cars are classified and in what numbers; It feels like there are alot of A3/A2/A1 cars, but only a few slower cars to choose from, from lets say 4 in the A7-A4 classes and alot more for the latter classes. I'm used to more classes from TDU1, i think every class had at least 7 cars to choose from

I cant sell or repaint the cars i won in competition. Now im stuck with a pink mustang with kisses on it...:eek:

So far, 8/10

You know what, that isn't even a review. That's just a blantant flame against TDU2.

My opinion: Sell the game and find another forum to annoy.

I was just kidding, I am liking the game, and I don't sell any games I have ever bought. I just think that the only thing the game has that I completly dislike is the options that TDU1 had and TDU2 doesn't. I can understand almost everything else, but to this day I continue not to be able to understand how those options (that were very nice and useful) didn't make it to TDU2.

Also I can't understand why Oahu is the most important Island in TDU2, all the big and important events happen in Oahu and you can see for yourself that Oahu looks bad compared to Ibiza. Its normal since Oahu was only redesigned, but I think the game should begin in Oahu and then go to Ibiza. Of course this a personal opinion.

Also I say that 99% of the game is OK and you say I am flaming? My idea of flaming is people that give 0 to the game and write about how better Forza 3 and GT5 or NFS are compared to TDU2. Or people who write that everything is bad and you shouldn't even buy the game. I have already deleted the post if that is helpful. I am sorry for my words and I'll never post anything alike again.

"sentimental" reasons probably enforced Oahu being the secondary island. As a reference to the first game, you want to go back to Oahu to see the changes.

Hawaii is rather tropical and exotic, wheras Ibiza is mostly full of drunken teens spewing all over the roads.

-

The reason why some ideas didn't get in is because Eden is a very small company. (roughly 10 employees, if that) 10 people cannot create a game with absolute perfection as compared to a huge company like EA.

Give them the benefit of the doubt for a few months, until a patch is released, then you can continue in whatever emotional direction you feel like. But for now, just give Eden some space.

"sentimental" reasons probably enforced Oahu being the secondary island. As a reference to the first game, you want to go back to Oahu to see the changes.

Hawaii is rather tropical and exotic, wheras Ibiza is mostly full of drunken teens spewing all over the roads.

-

The reason why some ideas didn't get in is because Eden is a very small company. (roughly 10 employees, if that) 10 people cannot create a game with absolute perfection as compared to a huge company like EA.

Give them the benefit of the doubt for a few months, until a patch is released, then you can continue in whatever emotional direction you feel like. But for now, just give Eden some space.

That is the main reason why I buy this game and its DLCs. I almost feel like it is my duty as a videogame player to buy a game that even though its made by a few people with few money its more ambitious and fun than most of the games from the big companies.

I am just frustrated because I thought that those options would be in TDU2, which was normal thought since they were in TDU1. Since they are not in TDU2 this has been the only was I know to try to get someone to see how important I think those options were, but people don't seem to care about that a lot. Besides the game already has enough issues, so people don't really care about these little options that I find very important.

Also I am sorry for my now deleted post. After all you are one of the moderators here and you guys already give a lot of freedom here, unlike that Soviet Union reenactment that is the official forum. As a polite and respectable person I felt it was my duty to delete the post and apologize for my words.

I gave it 5. With mods it could go up to an 8. The game is a bit of a disapointment for me, mainly couse I was expecting something else. To keep it short here are my personal toughts:

Pathetic - Poor - Acceptable - Good - Great - Perfect (This is my scale for all games)

Graphics = Great

Sound = Pathetic

Phisics = Acceptable

900 degree steering = Great (Altough it took me some time to set it up properly)

Force feedback = Pathetic (No force at all for me, doesn't work)

Story = Good

Learning curve = Great

Inside driving view = Acceptable (Due to the lack of custom positioning)

Interior models = Great

Exterior models = Great

Anyway I guess that's enough for now. I use the G25 with 900 degrees of rotation, H gearbox with clutch. Overall not a bad game but not what I was expecting and looking for, honestly I prefer the first one anytime.