We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PC Perfomance/Graphics Optimization?

H4milton

PC Perfomance is not that good, my PC is okay, but I'm getting 17-20 fps in cities @ 1280x1024 no AA others High, how do I get an average of atleast 25 fps?

my pc is

c2d e7500 2.93

ati hd 4770

2gb ddr2 667

I think TDU 2 is not much PC optimized. What do you guys think?

Everything on High.

That's a rookie mistake.

First of all, you should set everything on Medium.

Enviroment setting does have an huge impact on the performance.

And setting others to Medium instead of High or Very High. - will give you few FPS's. - And you actually don't see any difference.

Second thing, is that Cities suck. You won't really have much FPS's in the Cities, because of the failed performance the games does have. Such drops in FPS's, everyone have.

First thing to do is to set 'environnement details' to low. You should get a good increase in terms of performance.

And yeah 2Gb is not enought, maybe on Xp, but not Seven or Vista (beuh!!)

I have Q9550 + 4Gb + HD5870 and i can run the game maxed (8xAA) out expect 'environnement details' set to high (maybe i will put medium) , and i get between 40 to 120, 60 most of the time, in 1680x1050.

I prefere having less 'environnement details' and more FPS^^ ( and Good AA, maybe 8x is too much, i'll see when i get my game)

;)

What you are saying Jazzi is true, indeed.

But upgrading the ram itself, is costy.

And you have to include your Mainboard as well. As i assume, since he does have 667' RAM's and a Core-2 CPU, Mainboard will not be able to run the DDR3's, or any higher rate RAM's...

@Up:

Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E6300 @ 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 2048MB RAM

Hard Drive: 500 GB Total

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

40Fps with things on Medium - 1680x1050. With Window's 7 Aero.

If i would optimize everything for Gaming, it would go something around 5-15fps more.

But you have to admit, Cities - are really badly optimized.

What you are saying Jazzi is true, indeed.

But upgrading the ram itself, is costy.

And you have to include your Mainboard as well. As i assume, since he does have 667' RAM's and a Core-2 CPU, Mainboard will not be able to run the DDR3's, or any higher rate RAM's...

@Up:

Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E6300 @ 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 2048MB RAM

Hard Drive: 500 GB Total

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

40Fps with things on Medium - 1680x1050. With Window's 7 Aero.

If i would optimize everything for Gaming, it would go something around 5-15fps more.

But you have to admit, Cities - are really badly optimized.

Plus the fact that if he does get a new motherboard, the old CPU might not fit. Getting a new one *might* need him to get a new PSU as well. I've never experienced such a chain reaction as when I was going to upgrade my own PC. >.<

Don't worry Sponge, it's mysteriously fine now :confused:

When I first played it everything was on low/none and I had really bad fps. The game then crashed after a while. Since restarting the game, it was fine! Solid fps. I put the environment and car detail on high with the fx and textures on med.

Very weird...

- Even though the min. processor is 2.2 and I have 2.0 :D Everything else wallops the specs.

Even the performance on my rig isnt golden.

I have:

I7 @ 3.3

Gtx 470

6gb ddr3

Win 7 x64

I play it maxed 8xAA 1920:1080

And get around 45-50 most of the time. Might be a bit better when i OC my card. But i still expected better performance. As i get 60+ in most games.

Even the performance on my rig isnt golden.

I have:

I7 @ 3.3

Gtx 470

6gb ddr3

Win 7 x64

I play it maxed 8xAA 1920:1080

And get around 45-50 most of the time. Might be a bit better when i OC my card. But i still expected better performance. As i get 60+ in most games.

Very high + filters is very demanding and was intented to be so.

GTX470 is not the most powerful card now, though 45-50 fps is more than enjoyable... why do you need to complain ? :)

Razor: You can put DDR3 RAM into a DDR2 motherboard, but the motherboard can only work as fast as it can work.

no, you can't

there is some P35 boards will take both DDR2 and DDR3 but they have different slots for the 2 different types and you use either one or the other, not both.