We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Bored with TDU2 already. Why?

Eudemon

gay bar[/url].

lol!!! yeah I know!

Maybe that's what they want you to think :oook:

I know but do you see people walking on the streets IRL like that??

I think most of the people whine about everything because they were expecting a simulator. Well it's definitely not a simulator. Neither was TDU1. It has always been more about the lifestyle around the exotic cars than the realistic racing.

I understand this, but still I feel the game didn't needed that much fantasy like all the cars back flaming (for example).

The reason the physics are so different from TDU1 is they have added weight and inertia. You can no longer go 100MPH into a 90° corner without spinning out. The main problem is still the braking and all cars suffer from massive under-steer and over-steer. If they turn down the under and over-steer a bit this would help.

I think there is no better way to explain this.

And for the most recent comments I've never played on PC but the modders work is extremely respectful. Although I don't see bad car models from the Eden team but the cars do have some issues like the TTRS turning on the LED lights only when you flash the high beams and other stuff.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, i'm bored. I'm kinda tired of that "whose level is higher" competition. Nobody wants to socialize and comunicate, everybody is seemed to be 10 years old and everybody is in rush for no reason. Then... i can't listen to Stairway to Heaven or Bohemian Rhapsody while driving and that's important to me. But no matters, 'cause game doesn't tell my steerin' wheel. I've tried to set it using xbox controller emulator, but that was hopeless... BTW, my ingame nickname is "October", if u wanna show me that people do socialize, write me when meet. :P

Yep, i'm bored. I'm kinda tired of that "whose level is higher" competition. Nobody wants to socialize and comunicate, everybody is seemed to be 10 years old and everybody is in rush for no reason. Then... i can't listen to Stairway to Heaven or Bohemian Rhapsody while driving and that's important to me. But no matters, 'cause game doesn't tell my steerin' wheel. I've tried to set it using xbox controller emulator, but that was hopeless... BTW, my ingame nickname is "October", if u wanna show me that people do socialize, write me when meet. :P

You have a few valid points there. I agree with some. But not all people are like that (:

I ll add you in a bit.

• It feels like driving in a ghost town
  • Car physics need some serious attention (You can not make a throttle controlled drift etc)
  • Road Physics needs to be improved
  • Controls, especially with a wheel and pedals are below every standard (Switch pedals, instant block)
  • No ability to re-do races and challenges
  • The feel there is something missing, even if there is more to do than TDU1
  • Lots of missed opportunities
  • Repetitiveness
  • Lots of new roads, but nothing to drive to
  • The feeling devs don't care (which isn't true)
  • Too many (avoidable) bugs
  • Cutting of some TDU1 ingredients, no "E", no basic Paintshop, no Lisa's etc
  • Loss of Important car Brands (Lambo !)
  • No Prototypes or bonus cars (Prototypes made TDU special)
  • No Big House reward for exploring all the roads (why not?)
  • No bonus reward for taking all Pictures
  • Not Hot car or Package delivery missions..
  • Missions shouldn't stop after you reached your target. Keep them coming
  • A lot of the PC features are not supported
  • The overall impression of an unfinished Gem

There are some good additions too , like the search and explore options. There should be more added on a regular basis.

I do enjoy it. Not bored easily. But there is a lot of unused potential, that needs to be explored.

I made a couple of request threads in the TDU2 forum.

I am not bored with TDU, I just feel it is such a lonely experience. You have all the facebook gimmicks ingame but so far I only managed to do 1 out of 3 cruises with the other person not disapperaing and that happened becasue they were not in my friends list. I find it very hard to hook up with people not on my friends list from the people finder ingame. The selection options on the people tab of the map are very poor and the refresh rate is ... nonexistent.

The people I find while driving around are mostly obsessed with finding wrecks or hanging around an airport. It is very rare I stumble upon someone willing to drive more than 5 kms decently.

Tried doing some ranked races but those are just depressing with all the Veyron dodging that needs to be done. I exagerate, I did have some races where I had great fun but I just hate it when people start taking offroad shortcuts and ramming my side just to spin me out.

In the end I can play my selection from Winamp in the background, I can get around the ultra weird physics but I just can't get around the fact that another multiplayer game has a horrible community and it is so hard to find decent people online.

I was surprised to see the Perfect Bonus removed in Delivery or as they are now called 'Convoy' missions? Umm why? A convoy usually involves more than 1 vehicle but I digress.

The bugs are for sure not making it a nice place to return to couple that with the Club Rammings... I mean Races, no I was right the first time as every race is just a crash you out fest. I usually hate racing without Collisions but at the stage TDU2 is at right now it needs them or it needs to impose penalties on those who play this way.

They really have to get their finger out that is for sure!

For me, a big let down, apart from the physics, is the phomode. In TDU1 when I get "bored" with racing/driving/exploring the island I enjoyed taking pics. In TDU2, photomode gets my so frustrated... Since the game came out I took 4 (four!) random pics..

For me, a big let down, apart from the physics, is the phomode. In TDU1 when I get "bored" with racing/driving/exploring the island I enjoyed taking pics. In TDU2, photomode gets my so frustrated... Since the game came out I took 4 (four!) random pics..

I know , I have no idea why have they ruined that as well. Given me I'd prefer depth of field to forcal lenght

I'm bored with Photomode for the absolute horrible decisions on what had to be added and what had to be limited or removed such as how much you can keep the car out sight etc and due to that it won't work in motion anyway.

That's for me just about it, only lots of frustrations on that stickershop, the failron gangs and all those noobs who start crying when you refuse 5 challenge requests, other than that I'm really enjoying the game, the crashes with Zonda's scooping up SUV's, and going on wreck hunt.

For me, the heavy emphasis on the stupid storyline, avatars, voiceacting and terrible car physics, utterly boring races and their non-existent replay value killed the game for me.

I wish they'd kept most of the stuff simple, not taking too much away from the driving and making it more fun and enjoyable. This is also one of the main reasons why I'm back to TDU1, starting from scratch.