We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Battlefield 3 {DT} - Information & News :: Thread

iLLGT3

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little late on updating this but there was an announcement that the beta will begin on Tuesday, September 27 if you got the Medal of Honor Limited Edition or you preordered your digital PC copy on Origin. For those who don't get early access, (a whopping 2 days) you will get to start playing on the 29th.

As far as system requirements, they finally released those too..

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• PROCESSOR: 2 GHZ DUAL CORE (CORE 2 DUO 2.4 GHZ OR ALTHON X2 2.7 GHZ)
  • MEMORY: 2 GB
  • HARD DRIVE: 20 GB
  • GRAPHICS CARD (AMD): DIRECTX 10.1 COMPATIBLE WITH 512 MB RAM (ATI RADEON 3000, 4000, 5000 OR 6000 SERIES, WITH ATI RADEON 3870 OR HIGHER PERFORMANCE)
  • GRAPHICS CARD (NVIDIA): DIRECTX 10.0 COMPATIBLE WITH 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 OR 500 SERIES WITH NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT OR HIGHER PERFORMANCE)
  • SOUND CARD: DIRECTX COMPATIBLE
  • KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
  • DVD ROM DRIVE

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• PROCESSOR: QUAD-CORE CPU
  • MEMORY: 4 GB
  • HARD DRIVE: 20 GB
  • GRAPHICS CARD: DIRECTX 11 COMPATIBLE WITH 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 OR ATI RADEON 6950)
  • SOUND CARD: DIRECTX COMPATIBLE
  • KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
  • DVD ROM DRIVE

The beta will also end on October 10th.

Don't know if it's been mentioned but if you bought Medal of Honor on Steam check your CD key as you might have a Battlefield 3 Beta Key below it.

Played a couple of games tonight anyway. Not sure if it's a common bug or not but when I first went to crouch I ended up sinking below the ground, I then stood up again and I was bouncing up and down while walking around. Other than that, I don't think the graphics are too bad and the hit-reg seems to be quite good. I also like the sounds as well, explosions produce a nice loud boom on my 5.1 setup anyway. I've only played Metro so far and I found it a bit disorientating in some places but that just means I need to get to know the map more I suppose.

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Me and Mellors had a blast last night on BF3 even though he was a sniper and did nothing but shoot people from afar, while me and my squad fought hard and were in constant danger of being lit up. :cheeky: There's nothing better than when you get a "team" together that works and supports each other well, feels just like Rainbow Six this game.

Me and Mellors had a blast last night on BF3 even though he was a sniper and did nothing but shoot people from afar, while me and my squad fought hard and were in constant danger of being lit up. :cheeky: There's nothing better than when you get a "team" together that works and supports each other well, feels just like Rainbow Six this game.

Hey I was covering your ass! Got 24 of them and only died 3 times and kept the majority of them away from the bombs so our charges could be planted. I did get some close range shots in too with the G17 when I went all rambo on them. XD

Shame there isn't a sword on this, I'd just run around with that chopping people. :lol: