We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post a Pic of Your Latest Purchase

iLLGT3

What costed 180 euros, comes in almost 2800 pieces I have to assemble myself via a manual of a good centimeter thick and has a Merc logo? The new lego technic flagship model!

For myself quite an experience in several ways. A lot of parts I've never seen before, perhaps because I simply am not thát up to date with lego as I don't buy it every year. The amount of time it took was also a clear indication how things have moved on. When I was 7 I assembled a set called the Barcode Truck by myself and some years later the 8448 Supercar. I could not recall either of those to take a full two days to work on though. The amount of parts was also amazing, from the 12 wheels to I think over 25 bags of parts, not counting in the countless of pneumatics hoses, cylinders and valves that came in their own bag. And almost every bag you opened, had at least one bag full of pins and other ''fastener'' material.

The result: one very heavy, large, complex machine with enough pneumatics to earn me a degree in it. I really love this set. It has an interesting suspension setup, an even more interesting linkage system to steer both front axles, and a nice cab with a solid tilt mechanism.

6VGGaAB.jpg

lRl0cfY.jpg

tAkpHjf.jpg

8gJiI5J.jpg

P7M6CXn.jpg

Px6chRy.jpg

68MXISw.jpg

Ye it really is amazing. I didn't even had the chassis on wheels yet when I already thought: dude, how did you think up all this?!

Ofcourse there's a lot of lessons-learned and trying to re-use elements and buildings ways from other sets, then again this one has an entirely new suspension setup, and the pneumatics are quite a bit more complex than I've seen in older sets.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So did you go for the laptop you posted in the thread?

And you bought a steering wheel? :hmmm:

Yes, the 960M model (Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition VN7-591G-70FN). I'm bying it under our company's name so it's even cheaper (€900) and for that price there is nothing better. And if there is, do not tell me.

And yes, bought a new steering wheel. OEM BMW Performance Alcantara steering wheel. Random find on Ebay. :nods: