We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Mb's 106 S2 Rallye.

Mb

you know after seeing how much you rev when driving at high speeds

whats the mileage you get on that car because with my own experience little engines can have a whirlpool in the petrol tank when speeding....

and Tom722

when are you coming to the Netherlands?

i should tell you watch out for the cops here the police really are a buncha A-holes

but where will you stay here? dont tell me you'll be in the east of the country....

I think around July. My grandpa is Dutch and he's getting really old so I suggested that I take him back to Holland one day. I think it would be an excellent trip for him because it's a nice way to end your life to go back one final time, also I would enjoy it as I've never ever been overseas :)

I think I'd be staying in Eindhoven or something since I think I have family there. I'm not too sure where I'll be staying to be honest though. It should be fun If I come though.

This trip depends on his health and if he's well enough to travel overseas, as he's 88 years old and recently diagnosed with Emphysema...

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has that TomTom satnav speeding data fiasco settled down yet?

not entirely sure it seems tomtom has taken measures against it but i always have a Police detector on me when i drive around, nevertheless i think it has calmed down a bit though

I think I'd be staying in Eindhoven or something since I think I have family there. I'm not too sure where I'll be staying to be honest though. It should be fun If I come though.

Duuuuuuuuuude! I'm from Eindhoven :eek:

Duuuuuuuuuude! I'm from Eindhoven :eek:

i have lived near there but i moved to the Hague im not so happy bout the "gangster" kids walking around here these days, our legal weed sure messes up the youth here...

although it still is nice to live here 27 degree here atm :D

• 1 month later...

Last night it broke down, twice. #fml

The head gasket is leaking, so cooling liquid get's into the cilinders. So on 80km i 'burn' 4L of cooling liquid through the engine. I planned on going to the Nürburgring on thursday and to Italy on saturday, but that's impossible now. :(

Getting it to the garage when i come back from holiday i guess...

Someone else a victim of the head-gasket failure this year :(

My sister's boyfriend had it twice in a month on his Discovery TDI because the garage who fixed it didn't skim the head or put new stretch bolts in. Sold the thing as spares because he never wanted to see it again and bought a Polo, lol.

hhmmm

i remember my M3 breaking down and costing me a whooping €5,500

but i think your better off as it is a more reliable car.

i hope you'll have it fixed soon though that way you can race in ur little car again

That's assuming it's done properly.

Yep, and i want it to get done properly.

hhmmm

i remember my M3 breaking down and costing me a whooping €5,500

but i think your better off as it is a more reliable car.

i hope you'll have it fixed soon though that way you can race in ur little car again

Wait, you call French cars reliable?

I knew the head gasket was going to blow uit, only time would tell. It was showing some of the "symptons" but still sucks it happens now :p

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, that'a gorgeous motor man!

I've got a Phase 1 106 myself, only it's the 954cc TU9M!

Obviously being the owner, you know HOW RARE these Phase 1 106's are to find in Black! Especially the Rallye!

Any tips for the performance versions? I'm looking into getting a Phase 1 XSi...

Wow, Mb, that's awesome! I knew you won't ruin the car you drive with useless tuning. Good job on the 106 so far and I hope you'll have a lot more pleaseant and accident-free kilometers in it. :)

Thanx. :D

Wow, that'a gorgeous motor man!

I've got a Phase 1 106 myself, only it's the 954cc TU9M!

Obviously being the owner, you know HOW RARE these Phase 1 106's are to find in Black! Especially the Rallye!

Any tips for the performance versions? I'm looking into getting a Phase 1 XSi...

Well, as it's French, and a Peugeot. Make sure you have enough money for maintenance. Since i own the car i spent more money on fixing things then the car cost me. Try to get one with as much history as possible. Especially regarding the head gasket, rear axle and belts.

If you get an XSI, get the 1.4. They steer a lot better then the 1.6 and the gearbox is better. And it's more luxurious then a Rallye. I have nothing, only a radio (which i hardly use as the car makes enough noise. :))