We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What is the TDU2 modding level at the moment?

Brazzucca

For the Bimmers they could arrange some Alpinas.

I doubt that. You see, RUF is recognized, by government regulations, as a separate car brand from Porsche, as the only thing they really take from Porsche is the chassis and some of the bodywork, and they have no official ties with Porsche.

As for Alpina, they have extremely close ties with BMW. Their cars are sold, through BMW dealerships, as "BMW Alpina" models, with a lot of the assembly occurring right on BMW's production lines. Unlike RUF, a lot of the parts are BMW-sourced too, including major drivetrain components, most of the bodywork, the interior, and the chassis. Because of these ties, Alpina models have to be approved by BMW before being put on the market. Most importantly however, the cars still feature BMW badges, the rights to which belong to BMW of course. Strictly speaking, it could be done with a couple of workarounds, but I don't see BMW liking the decision too much, and Alpina certainly wouldn't want to hurt their relations with them.

It's not that I don't want BMWs in the game, I'd love to see them, as well as Porsches and Lamborghinis. But I'm almost certain it won't happen, not in TDU2 at least. However, perhaps EA's exclusive license will expire by the time the game's successor comes around (If there is one in the works).

Modding Check List -

-Extractor script to get files out of .map & .big files = Check

-Extractor script to get files out of .bnk files = Check

-Modified UpLauncher to not check change in files = Check

-Script to decode unused files = Check

-Modified .EXE to run the game extracted = Check

-Can run the game completely extracted = Check

-Can import complete Maps & Cars =Check

-Can repack BNK files = Missing

-Can repack .map & .big files =Missing

-Can run newest updates/Patches on extracted files =Missing

-Can edit performance = Missing

-Can export cars from modeling programs = Missing

-Enough interest to get modding in the future = Missing

Modding future looks pretty crap anyway, the amount of interest of modding for TDU2 I cannot see. The lack of interest has stopped people from building bnk repackers etc. So unless someone was a proper TDU2 Fan Boy and could create tools then you may get somewhere.

-Modified .EXE to run the game extracted = Check

-Can run the game completely extracted = Check

-Can import complete Maps & Cars =Check

Then it is possible to like... swap cars, like we do now with the TDU1?

Being the game extracted, and having a proper exe to run it...

Can i have a "special folder" with the extracted game only to run mods(offline, of course)?

^ To avoid space waste in the HD ^

Thanks tool, you solved a big part of my doubt about it! If the anwer is YES! for the questions above, i will be happy, very happy.

It is possible to swap cars but it seems that the wheelbase seems to be integrated in the handling file meaning if I swap a mustang/ford/ruf/etc to say a ccxr the wheels will not be on the right place.

That aside you can swap everything, rims, sounds, guages, etc. Some bnk files you can export(well I haven't tested them out yet but it says it could lol) using the old bnk editor, but cannot repack them like tool said.

You can run the game unpacked online, tricolore rims on rgt aren't bad at all.:thumbsup:

Hopefully in the next couple of months(or maybe years) either atari fix the physics or, someone be able to decrypt the handling/physics files and hopefully make the handling of tdu 2 more, realistic/fun, that and the ffb.

Because right now whenever I'm on tdu2 I spend more time playing poker with the same people than driving around the island. :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm very interested in being able to mod TDU2. Is there any news about it, do people have any idea how to do it? I probaly need some programming skills (which I lack) to be able to mod TDU2 myself, but can anyone tell me what I should know before even thinking of modding? Is there some tutorial about it or anything? I can't seem to find anything else than tutorials on how to install mods.

TDU2 has such a great potential and I want to help get it there. Anyone else here feels the same?

Nobody has modded TDU2, and it's also not getting discussed because Eden is still believed to have a DLC programme standing for TDU2.

I am talking about mods like flash light indicators and things like the cam hack. I downloaded and installed them a few hours after I bought and played TDU2, these little things improved the game alot. I would just love to be able to create such mods myself, I would like to create a mod so we can use a custom radio in some way. Anyone here has a idea on how to modify the game files for that, because I really am encouraged to take part of modding community and improve TDU2 so it can be played in it's full glory. All these little flaws like on/off brakes make the game worse than TDU1.

Another question, there is THIS mod so you can make a backup of your saves very easily. Someone has a idea on what program to use for creating such things?

Someone has a idea on what program to use for creating such things?

Ask a programmer. ;)

Plus, modding is a bit selfish. Only PC gamers can mod. Eventually, we might be able to mod the game like we currently do in TDU1, but what about the console players? Their games won't be as fun or exciting to play. Just play the game for what it is. If it's so annoying or irritating to you, then don't play it. Play a different game.

• 2 weeks later...
Nobody has modded TDU2, and it's also not getting discussed because Eden is still believed to have a DLC programme standing for TDU2.
Ha, it's starting to look like no one with the right knowledge wants to even bother wasting time on this game.

We have a .big extractor and it just stopped there.

Plus, modding is a bit selfish. Only PC gamers can mod.
:lol:

But anyways I'm pretty sure you are also fully aware that you can mod x360 and ps3 games too.

Hehe Scoob - get a gaming PC or learn to deal with it :cheeky:

I reckon the devs have to fix a few big things before the skilled modders are enticed to return to the game, if that's even possible. They reckon they're still dedicated to TDU2 and Diablo's continually feeding them condensed info based on what everyone's saying here.

Ask a programmer. ;)

Plus, modding is a bit selfish. Only PC gamers can mod. Eventually, we might be able to mod the game like we currently do in TDU1, but what about the console players?

I do sympathies with you. This is an issue that both pc and console gamers need to stand together on. Cross platform modding for our games. But more than likely, we will make this as console vs pc players war while the game makers continue to rob us all of good game features.

• 3 weeks later...

i think the huge lack of features and unique game content is what realy ruins this game, let alone the rubbish car handling and unrealistic opponents (opponents that still catch up after slambing head first into traffic) from what i've seen there isn't all that much DLC since the game was released so it will probably be a couple years before this game ever sees any mods as far as people like Diablo would be concerned, as for us who want to see mods who knows?

personally i would like to see a "paint any car in the game" mod, i am dissapointed that i can't repaint a farrari (again!!!)

Ask a programmer. ;)

Plus, modding is a bit selfish. Only PC gamers can mod. Eventually, we might be able to mod the game like we currently do in TDU1, but what about the console players? Their games won't be as fun or exciting to play. Just play the game for what it is. If it's so annoying or irritating to you, then don't play it. Play a different game.

ho ho ho I didn't see this page, how can you call modding selfish, you don't have to buy the console version no one forces you also it's not like it's bringing a disadvantage to the consoles where modders can spend their time modding FOR the consoles.

• 2 weeks later...
+1 Just for that comment.

I think this game needs BMW's, Lamborghini's, and a C-class like the one below :p

Also, is there some sort of TDU2 bling bling mod coming out at all?

E: Need to spread some rep round first :lol:

im sure most of you guys know this but there are incomplete car files with their own handilling and name some turned out to be bmw

disregard my post if you already know this