We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TopGear Season 17

Ryzza5

• 3 weeks later...

I'm quite disapointed with Jaguar XKR-S vs Nissan GTR test, which seems to be the stupidest comparison ever. The drag race was just ridiculous. We all were surprised that a AWD car with launch control could beat a RWD car without such system ON WET surface. Not to mention GTR's 0-60mph and 1/4 mile times. This car is Ferrari Italia and Porsche Turbo beater.

When it comes to price, I do agree, GTR is a bargain in its class, but XKR-S is cheap too. Well, not cheap, but cheaper than its real opponent - it's £70k less than a DBS for a car that is faster and more comfortable than a DBS.

I also got that the Jag was cheaper than the Aston, but that didn't take anything away from the point Jezza was making with that race. I expected the GTR to win, but not by that much. When I saw that perfect launch in the wet my jaw dropped :)

What a hilarious episode. I love Top Gear.

BUT! Continuing on from the XKR-S vs. GT-R conversation above me, :wtf: why didn't they even post a track time for the XK? That's completely stupid! It was the car they were testing in the first place and it doesn't even get driven around the track.

But the train bit was bloody hilarious. The TGV12 is MY kind of train :)

What a hilarious episode. I love Top Gear.

BUT! Continuing on from the XKR-S vs. GT-R conversation above me, :wtf: why didn't they even post a track time for the XK? That's completely stupid! It was the car they were testing in the first place and it doesn't even get driven around the track.

Uhhh, they did :p They posted a time for the XK, they just didn't show the lap, which, I admit, I thought was strange too. Oh well.

I watched the past 2 episodes yesterday and was surprised at how.. un-scripted it all felt, very happy :D And I understand why you could think comparing the GTR to the Jaaaaag was stupid, but it was done because they're both a similar price.

Bang for buck - GTR wins (plus everything else I suppose :lol:). It did a great lap time, was awesome to see Jezza liking a Jap for once :p

The season so far has been far beyond my expectations. It honestly feels like season 8-ish. Not blatantly scripted, but there are a few gags that you just know are going to happen (Such as the buffet class) It's Top Gear being Top Gear.

Highly impressed with the season so far, lets hope they keep it up!

So far it's been good. Personally, I don't really care how scripted it feels or not, it's good always, but this season has been excellent! :D The GT-R and Jag I thought was strange, I know they posted the Jag's laptime, but they showed the GT-R one which has already been around (in old guise but still) :confused: Oh well.

was awesome to see Jezza liking a Jap for once :p

I kept thinking "Jeremy's gonna say the Jaaag wins". The only other time he liked the GT-R so much was that season 12 episode in Japan. Also, you notice how he calls he MP4-12C too serious because of the science and technology that went in to making it? It's the same story for the GT-R, but he didn't mention anything, which I thought was a bit weird.

^ Unfortunately so :(. If you want to find out about what's coming up in the next few shows, click here. Basically this link is a Wikipedia page that has a list of all Top Gear episodes from season 1 onwards. Each episode has a description that goes over what cars, challenges, and guests were in that particular show. For season 17, all six episodes have completed descriptions.