We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TopGear Season 17

Ryzza5

For discussing the upcoming episodes (NB no spoilers in the chatbox) :p

Use spoiler tags as necessary.

Top Gear is catching on in the Asia markets. First there was Top Gear China (apparently known as “Zui Gaodong”) and now various news organizations are reporting that there will be a Top Gear South Korea too.

The show will be hosted by former professional racing driver Kim Jin-Pyo, car and bike enthusiast Kim Kap-Soo, and celebrity racing circuit member Yeon Jung-Hoon. Planned for an August premiere on a channel called XTM, the 13 episodes will feature their own Stig and challenges such as a race against the KTX bullet train and a journey from Seoul to the port city of Busan.

Didn't they have that *blank* in some clips when showing their "This is what we have in series 16" thing but it was never actually in series 16?

I'm not 100% certain on this, but I think they show 1 trailer for 2 series', seing as there was no trailer at the begining of series 14 but there was one at the begining of series 13, can't remember if they showed clips from series 14 though. Of course, I could be wrong, maybe they didn't have time in series 16.

Looking forward to it :)

I do wish they'd stop spending unnecessary amounts of money in each episode though, as 6 episodes a season is pretty poor, they should spend less per episode to get it up to 8-9 a season.

I heard the director thought of 3 options.

1) Save money by lowering the amounts of stunts they do.

2) Save money by making less shows per season by squeezing more stunts in each episode.

3) I forgot the 3rd one.

All I remember besides the first 2 is that they thought the first and third options were "unacceptable", so they went with #2.

I'm not 100% certain on this, but I think they show 1 trailer for 2 series', seing as there was no trailer at the begining of series 14 but there was one at the begining of series 13, can't remember if they showed clips from series 14 though. Of course, I could be wrong, maybe they didn't have time in series 16.

I just rewatched it and he did say "over the coming weeks" so I'm not sure. :hmmm:

Did you forget to include the spoiler tags? xD Because I can see the video. I'm mega excited as usual for another top gear season. Looks good, more epic than before.

Spoiler tags have no effect on videos on this site (they work on the FinalGear forums though), but it still says 'THIS IS A SPOILER", so just don't click Play ;)

Small amounts of epic TopGear are better than lots of meh TopGear I guess :)

They've just about always had 14 episodes per year, usually broken up into 6 + 8 (just last year's 8 was late and aired early this year if you recall, included those two specials). Some episodes are 'of the moment' (no good doing the middle eastern special in June, or reviewing cars 6 months after their release, etc (although he did review 5 cars that none of us could/should buy anyway) :) Challenges like the monster trucks can wait I guess.

New video and info:

Top Gear is catching on in the Asia markets. First there was Top Gear China (apparently known as “Zui Gaodong”) and now various news organizations are reporting that there will be a Top Gear South Korea too.

The show will be hosted by former professional racing driver Kim Jin-Pyo, car and bike enthusiast Kim Kap-Soo, and celebrity racing circuit member Yeon Jung-Hoon. Planned for an August premiere on a channel called XTM, the 13 episodes will feature their own Stig and challenges such as a race against the KTX bullet train and a journey from Seoul to the port city of Busan.

Spoiler tags still don't work properly :fp:

It's not so much that, but in my head I sometimes hear the Benny Hill theme and see the action onscreen sped up with some of the "here it comes" set pieces of the show over the last 4 years or so.

More of the 360 CS vs the GT3 RS kind of scenes, the 3 cars at Stelvio Pass. I'm amazed they haven't done a few 9ff's down the Autobahn and stuff.

At the same time, you get to know people over ~10+ years, so it's not a huge surprise that we don't get surprised by how certain things happen, besides when they actually (sort-of) pulled off that snowbine harvester last series.