We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza Horizon: An Open World Forza!!

hassan1995

Engine swaps will always be limited to manufacture engines in the same cars, dont think Nissan would like the idea of a game letting you drop a 2JZ-GTE motor into a R34 Skyline, and likewise Toyota with a RB26 into a JAZ80 Supra!

Closest i'd ever think we'll see in a game is having a 'made for game' engine called 'toyo age' (4-AGE) or 'Small Block FV8' (a Small block Ford V8) and they used the same figures as the real engine.#

Ban finds would be fun, but I'd expect them to be along the lines of TDU in how you find them. As much as we'd all like sort of proper ways to get them and such, I would't expect them :(

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cars had to be rebuilt, they aren't being ported from FM4. The cars in Forza 4 can't handle a day/night cycle or the dynamic lighting that it brings.

The models might be the same, but they've been tweaked quite a bit.

Haha what? All they need to do is tweak the "maps" that deal with lighting and such. Believe me that new IBL technique they use will have had night usage in mind, you don't just build something like that to only use it to do one thing, you're constantly evolving and working for the future.

Haha what? All they need to do is tweak the "maps" that deal with lighting and such. Believe me that new IBL technique they use will have had night usage in mind, you don't just build something like that to only use it to do one thing, you're constantly evolving and working for the future.

Just relaying what the director from Playground was saying. They had to restructure the cars to handle it all or some such.

@Camel, there's workshops - so I've no idea if that entails performance or not. It should, though.

Guest MrLolololXD

Well going along the line of engine swaps, there is one cross manufacturer engine swap in FM4, the Top Secret Project 0-300 Supra. It has an RB26 in the game just like it does in real life, so I really don't see what the problem with other models or manufacturers doing the same thing.

If Porsche or Ferrari don't want other brand engine swaps, but then Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, Honda, Ford, Volvo and Mitsubishi for example, don't mind, then why hold back all them for a couple manufacturers that don't? Allow engine swaps with brands that agree and don't with brands that prefer to keep their engine swaps purely inhouse.

I hope at the very least the visual customization will be nonexistent or very little, no need to have the online free-roam look like a JDM lobby.

Nothing wrong with a JDM lobby :cheeky: Maybe you could re-phrase that, so maybe it doesn't look like a scene from fast and furious.

Allow me to rephrase. Meant to mainly just attack ricers (all over Forza lobbies) which I do admit, not all civics are, but quite a few and it would help to have at least significantly restrained modification or at least not have the plastic fantastic crowd enticed by the game. Also no, the TypeR isn't JDM from my understanding.

The term Japanese domestic market (JDM) refers to the local market in Japan for Japanese-made motor vehicles and components. Within the car and motorcycle hobbyist import scene' date=' this term, and the related term Japanese domestic model, most commonly refer to Japanese-brand automobiles and parts designed and constructed to conform to Japanese vehicle and equipment regulations and to suit Japanese market preferences.[/quote']

Oh well, it's probably just the fact that there are barely (if) any Type-Rs here that made me think of it as JDM :lol:

And I did see your point, but wanted to point out that cars can be customized with good taste aswell and this is why customization should be a part of Horizon ;)

okay, the Type R EK9 in santtu's sig is JDM, made in Japan, mine (coupe's) are made in the USA, mines a vti sold here in the UK, in US they're sold as the Si model, both EM1 chassis :) I hope they fix the Si model in this forza, as it doesn't have the rear wing in FM4 :hmmm:

This is why I have a Genuine EK9 grill and pop-out cupholders, to earn my JDM points back :cheeky:

If you got a problem with my Civic...:evil:

Yeah, I do. IT SUCKS!!! :P

Seriously though, I don't know which I'm more excited about, FH, NFS:MW or GTA V ! This year of gaming is looking pretty good so far. Shame about all the money I'll have to spend!