We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Far Cry 3

iLLGT3

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What game are you two even playing? (It's about to be a war so maybe just don't click the spoiler tag.

Ozz you liked FAR CRY TWO BETTER!? Far Cry 2 was a travesty. It was not even close to the original game and it had a horribly repetitive story, with the worst AI I had ever seen in a game. This brings it back to what Far Cry is all about. An island. A man and lots of stealth and shooting. I thought the story was trippy and actually well thought out and I haven't even beaten it yet. There's so much to do that I haven't even been focusing on the main quest line. The graphics are great, the characters are strange, but also very good. And the gameplay is engaging, with many many things to do besides just do the story line.

Not sorry for my opinion either and even if I massively disagree with the two above me, I do respect your opinions. I merely produce some evidence that may change your minds. :)

Thoughtful discussion.

yeah you certainly respected mine there.

fc2 was innovative for its time. No other game had graphics or gameplay like it.

wheres fc3 is average.

Going on your thinking pattern, Ozz. You should respect Far Cry most of all. They built a brand new engine just for it and it came out back all the way in 2005. And the graphics for that time were completely astounding. These consoles are at the end of their lives, naturally you aren't going to see any massive graphical improvements. And I think, personally that the Dunia 2 engine looks bloody good, has a bad distance render obviously, but in an open world game you can't have amazing graphics and details for tens of kilometres.

Far Cry 2 was not massively innovative for it's time, the fire system was the only thing brought new life to the series. Other than that, the AI were bad, the missions were horribly repetitive, the outposts respawning baddies every 5 seconds was a massive disaster and the story itself felt really really poorly written.

Again, I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just showing you evidence. I'm sorry that you don't like FC3 so much though! I hope there's something else out right now that's keeping your attention! :D

I'm going to have to jump on the disagreeing boat here with the other two guys, this game is absolutely gorgeous it's visually stunning bearing in mind it's on consoles that are roughly 7 years old, this game is not your ordinary average game it's different to almost anything released this year what with all the accessibility it gives such as a massive open world animals guns vehicles etc. :)

But you have to consider opinions and preferences guys, it depends on someone's style of gaming.

Going on your thinking pattern, Ozz. You should respect Far Cry most of all. They built a brand new engine just for it and it came out back all the way in 2005. And the graphics for that time were completely astounding. These consoles are at the end of their lives, naturally you aren't going to see any massive graphical improvements. And I think, personally that the Dunia 2 engine looks bloody good, has a bad distance render obviously, but in an open world game you can't have amazing graphics and details for tens of kilometres.

Far Cry 2 was not massively innovative for it's time, the fire system was the only thing brought new life to the series. Other than that, the AI were bad, the missions were horribly repetitive, the outposts respawning baddies every 5 seconds was a massive disaster and the story itself felt really really poorly written.

Again, I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just showing you evidence. I'm sorry that you don't like FC3 so much though! I hope there's something else out right now that's keeping your attention! :D

lol like I'm gonna defend a video game, whatever mate different tastes.

I've been playing for a week now before I dumped my opinions into this quagmire of same differences. :p

Firstly I really like the game... so much that haven't touched Forza since I've had it. Even left Gears of War 3 in the wrapper because I've just not got bored with it yet.

Beautiful graphics as I'd expect from a Far Cry game... although not much better than 2 if I'm honest. I much prefer the look of the pacific islands to Afraka though.

The story is pretty standard and I've not really followed it that much. I spend most of my time exploring and searching for all the secret stuff. I love all the caves and mines that are littered about place.

The side missions are pretty decent and are surprisingly varied even after you done a few. Its so much fun trying to kill all the pirates without being spotted and only with a blade. Cool bonuses from the hunter missions too.

I really enjoyed FC2 but was massively disappointed when I couldn't go back to explore more after the final mission...my only gripe with that game was the save crashes that lost me several hours of progress on more than one occasion. they're also the reason I could never cope with a second play through.

That said I have to stand against the hate that is thrown at that game.

For me Far Cry will never be as good as the first one especially as all the devs quit when Ubi screwed things up. Hence Crisis, which is also not as good. :rolleyes:

Far Cry 3 is a great game and laughably similar to Assassins Creed in some aspects.

Hey, can you still explore and do all the side missions after you've finished the main story?

Yup you can do anything once you finish the campaign p, play side missions, explore and extra story missions which are with a blue '!' Which I haven't tried yet..

A copy I ordered as a present for someone came yesterday. So tempted to open it myself and order another copy.

Mellors DO IT DO IT I swear you will not be disappointed trust me on this :nods:

I was expecting an epic boss battle with Hoyt and all I got to do was press a few buttons, then run away from some bad guys.

Saved the friends and was expecting a bit more of a fight from Citra too... but nothing. Then got 100 points just for watching the end scene.

I mean honestly though

The game itself was pretty good I think, the ending was a bit crap. And the boss fights were a bit crap as well. The game was really trippy and I didn't much enjoy mashing buttons to kill both bosses. Other than that, the decision at the end was lame. But besides those three things, I still love the game. I'm working on getting all the relics, etc. at the moment and it's quite good fun.