We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What Are You Thinking of Purchasing Next?

Ryzza5

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

might go and look at this today

Subaru LEGACY GT 1996 | Trade Me

If you manage to pick that up, please dont stance it out and wreck it, it looks like a nice example as it is. Chuck some lowering springs or coilovers at it and some optional BBS wheels off the Bilstein model (or similar) on.

edit: that awkward moment when you find the massive bilstein sticker on the back moments after posting about it...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

dan-wesson-4-co2-bb-revolver-black-d51c.jpg

It's a CO2 powered BB gun(air pistol).

Was having a look at it today and got to hold it. Looks & feels like a real Magnum, you even have to put the BB's into a bullet style cartage's.

We had an air rifle before(one of the spring powered ones) but sadly it broke due to age(was 30 years old) and been meaning to get a new one. And with the new Scottish law's coming into place, were getting one(this will be mine, my dad's getting a full on air pistol, with a modern style.

Before you panic, don't worry. We take full safety into account when used...were not some gun crazed red necks!

http://www.buhnici.ro/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/HTC-WP-8X.png

This, not 100% sure, but I'd love to have it. I'd like to hear your thoughts about this phone.

Can't give you thoughts about the phone but I can about the OS. I love it. It's so smooth compared to Andriod. It feels like Apple iPhone smooth. The only drawback I can imagine is the App store won't be as great as the Apple store or the Android Play Store. I'm making all these observations based on the 5 minutes I spent fiddling with my friends Windows phone (not sure what make/model it was).

You certainly are choosing the right OS, then. Of the two flagships, I would go with a Nokia Lumia 920. The Lumia's camera is better than the HTC's (8.7MP with PureView, which helps massively with clarity), the audio quality is going to be the same, and the build quality is brilliant. That video is with the Lumia 900, but the 920 has the same build quality and a nearly identical body.

I know I want to buy two new tyres, but I can't decide if I want to have the same tyres all round or if I want to try something new.

I noticed when looking at tyres online that I can now get Vredestein Sportrac 5's in my tyre size now and they seem to be really good from the reviews I've read, but then the Hankook Ventus V12 Evos I have on the front now have been great in everything apart from snow which was embarrassing (we don't get enough snow for me to care). The Vredesteins are about £15 more though.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x104/GTAMADDOG/hankook-ventus-v12-evo-49570_zps4bb8dc7d.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x104/GTAMADDOG/Vredestein-Sportrac-5_zps4a455b4c.jpg

Personally I still prefer the tread design of the V12s, but that's irrelevant when it comes to which tyre is better.

The only Continental in my size is the Premium Contact 2, which is old-hat and I read is not very long-lasting. Michelin only does the Energy Saver in my size. Other than that we have; Falken, Firestone, Bridgestone (eco), Pirelli P1, Dunlop SP Fast Response, Yokohama C-Drive and Toyo T1R all of which I've read very mixed reviews about. Then I'm left with the real ditch-finders.

Just go with the best all rounders for your price.

As you said theres no need to worry about winter performance so don't get caught up in that trap that many people beleave! Personally I've found no diffrence with 'winter tyres' than with normals...and the normal's were near bald! :lol:

I'm going to be getting new alloys & tyres for the Civic in the next few weeks. :nods:

The HTC X8 is 280 euros and the 920 is 500 euros. The 820 is 320 euros but it doesn't have HD screen and it doesn't have any glass protection, the 8X has Corning Gorilla Glass 2 so I can put it in my pocket without any protection or bumper.

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer to try a guitar out first to hear what it sounds like before buying. If it's just a cheapie to learn on then it's not so important if you plan on buying a better one when you're good. That one also appears to be a steal string (as opposed to nylon) which will cane your fingers if you're new to it and is a bit more biased towards country-style music).

At the very least go to a music shop to try both kinds out first.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think I might buy some CarPro TRIX Iron & Tar remover tomorrow. I was washing the car today and more and more tar spots seem to be popping up on the bottom half of the car which I find annoying because I'm weird and like to think I could eat food off the paintwork on my car.

Not sure if I need another clay bar as well, so I may get one of those. I may get a subtle smelling air-freshener and some interior cleaning products if my steam cleaning plan doesn't work tomorrow. Luckily I've got everything else needed for making the car spotless again so there's not much money to be spent.

Still tempted to get the car re-mapped, but with the odometer currently sat on 142,000 miles I don't know if that would be good for the clutch.