We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (by Criterion)

Eudemon

Which platform will you buy this game on?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which platform will you buy this game on?

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ARIAL ATOM is going to be in! Along with other 'track based cars'. Not expected really, should be fun to see the rest of the list now!

The Part with the Atom is said about twice, and says about the track based cars as well!

IGN Live: Need for Speed Most Wanted Demo - E3 2012 - IGN Live - IGN Video

After 4:14 they mention the Atom and other 'track based cars' then!

Though i'd share! :cheeky:

@5:00 they mentioned how HP2010 was a game where brakes were optional and that wouldn't be the case for Most Wanted, since you need to be able to quickly duck into small alleyways, etc, so that's a start (obviously still arcade but more reasonable if you're prepared to play this with a gamepad). Freeburn challenges will be back in some form as well, which should be great.

• 2 weeks later...

BP online was fun until they didn't bring Big Surf Island to PC. However for me to get this the handling has to be more authentic (to borrow a word from somewhere) than BP or HP2010, but interviews have already confirmed this since players need to be able to precisely enter narrow lane-ways, etc. So we'll see.

No manual gearbox controls = No buy. Half the fun of racing games for me is shifting through the gears and actually being involved in making the car go. This looks to me like what HP2010 was, Burnout with licensed cars. Sorry but if I want to play Burnout, I'll go play Burnout.

they might include manual transmission, they did in the last game.

they might include manual transmission, they did in the last game.

The gameplay vid doesn't show a tachometer though, so we can pretty much assume that there won't be a manual option. Not to mention that this one is made by Criterion while the last one was made by Black Box, and I think I'm right in assuming that Criterion has never made a driving game with manual gearboxes.

I don't honestly care - playing a game that's basically burnout with a manual gearbox would be the same thing as playing an FPS where you'd have to move your legs independently or something - it'll just make concentrating on the main thing harder. Obviously I play my driving games with manual almost with no exceptions but I just couldn't see it working with any of Criterion's games.