We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (by Criterion)

Eudemon

Which platform will you buy this game on?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which platform will you buy this game on?

Guest MrLolololXD
still hoping cockpit camera...

LOLOLOL

The last street racing NFS game to have a cockpit cam was over 10 years ago now, I think it's still pretty unlikely in a street racer style NFS game at this stage

An in-car cockpit view is more for a sim game where the hardcore style sim people want the most realism possible. As much as I would love one, I just don't see why the developers would see it as such an important thing in this style game, especially since the target audience is way different to Shift etc.

On another note, I might go down and preorder the Limited Edition of this aswell today. :mhmm:

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not counting Shift 1 + 2 I think the last one was NFS Porsche 2000. Now that really says something.

Or did ProStreet have it? I can't remember because that was such a hateful game to play.

NFS Porsche 2K was the last to have all cars equipped with cockpitview. NFS6 however was the truely final main-series NFS with a cockpit view, the console version is said to have one careermission in a 360 with cockpitview.

Guest MrLolololXD
NFS Porsche 2K was the last to have all cars equipped with cockpitview. NFS6 however was the truely final main-series NFS with a cockpit view, the console version is said to have one careermission in a 360 with cockpitview.

Yeah I remember that. I seem to remember a BMW cockpit aswell?

I also had the PC version but I remember it being mentioned often that PS2 version had it. It was an awfully basic game, all the standards that NFS3, 4 and 5 built up were destroyed by the lack of detail and all-round bad execution of NFS6's gameconcept.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

lol, I haven't checked system requirements in ages probably because of online purchases. These days the only time I do check sys req's is to get a gauge of how good the graphics might be in cheap games (the higher the req's the better). Sometimes you'll see great graphics on the box art but if the req's say you only need a 256MB graphics card then you know it's fake.

Interesting how it says recommended "DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 or ATI RADEON 6950)" since my older GTX480 is DX11 card with over 1GB of RAM).

One thing's just dawned on me regarding DLC.

With Burnout Paradise they were releasing DLC over a year after the game came out, and updated every few months. With NFS:hot Pursuit they only did untill NFS:The Run was announced.

So I'm guessing this will be the same as Hot Pursuit and only get until the next game is announced.

BAM

Again here's another game's pre-order bonus:

-Speed Pack: The Caterham Superlight 500 in the exclusive Satin Black livery, featuring the Track Tyres Modification for improved road handling, and the Lightweight Chassis Modification allowing players to reach mesmerizing speeds.

-Strike Pack: The Mercedes Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series in the exclusive Satin Black livery, featuring the Power Pack Powertrain Modification for an engine tuned for torque, acceleration and the ability to reach breakneck speeds, and the Re-inflating Tyres Modification making it easier to survive and counter rivals’ attempts to slow players down.

-Power Pack: The Ford F-150 SVT Raptor in the exclusive Satin Black livery, featuring the Reinforced Chassis Modification for taking increased damage, and the powerful and violent Nitrous Dump Modification for making tight jumps and powered-up takedowns.

So that's 2 new cars named!

Fun how the Caterham & Atom are going to be in, and at the other end of the car scale we have the Hummer H1...

...the Re-inflating Tyres Modification making it easier to survive and counter rivals’ attempts to slow players down...

Hope it's only police cars who have spike strips. I didn't like how racers also had weapons in HP2010.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

You forgot this:

Multiplayer bonuses included in the Need for Speed Most Wanted Limited Edition include:

Four hours of Double Speed Points: Players earn double speed points throughout the first four hours of multiplayer

2012 Porsche 911 Carerra S: Optimized Aerodynamic Body that reduces drag for maximum speed and Nitrous Burn, delivering efficient and sustained speed boosts

Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale: A Race Pack Powertrain tuned for increased power and the impact protection modification to provide increased stability and strength when driving at breakneck speeds

]You forgot this:

Multiplayer bonuses included in the Need for Speed Most Wanted Limited Edition include:

Four hours of Double Speed Points: Players earn double speed points throughout the first four hours of multiplayer

2012 Porsche 911 Carerra S: Optimized Aerodynamic Body that reduces drag for maximum speed and Nitrous Burn, delivering efficient and sustained speed boosts

Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale: A Race Pack Powertrain tuned for increased power and the impact protection modification to provide increased stability and strength when driving at breakneck speeds

That's been announced since the game was announced at E3 ;) Though someone would have said about it on the forums though?

The cars for pre-order & in the LE are not exclusive to them, it's the special paintjob and upgrades and 'Early access' to them that you get!

The preorder fine print says preorder codes (for power/speed/strike packs) expire October 3, and that PC players must have an Origin account to unlock them. If they think I'm going to install Origin on my PC they can jump in the nearest lake. I've heard that software phones home with information about what you have installed... plus it's just totally not necessary for the purposes of playing a game.

Guess it'll be the X360 version or nothing. I won't be preordering it though.