We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need a REALLY interesting game

MephistoRacing

Right, I'm at my moms house for the month helping out and stuff, and don't want to pay the ridiculous fee to transfer my internet over. But, since my ISP piggybacks from another ISPs servers, I have internet until they notice that I'm nowhere near my house (brought my modem). Which will probably be about 2 days, like last time I was away from home.

So basically I want to buy a game to keep me busy, it has to be interesting enough to keep me busy for a month, and would be best if on Steam, though that can change. Oh, and under about $30 would be great, since that's what my VISA's at right now :P

Stuff that's kept me busy in the past:

Ocarina of time

Pokemon red/blue/yellah

Racing games (I have my wheel here, but the desk I've set up on is fairly small, so trying to avoid that)

Good shooters, not CoD, it has to have a good SP, since that's what I'll be playing and I'm not fond of MP FPSs

I'm sure there are others, but can't think of any at the moment

Maybe Blur... I've been thinking of it as something to get when I have extra cash, I'm just weary of the whole fantasy racing genre

The FS series hasn't really managed to keep me entertained since FS9 (2004)

What was that other flying game you were trying to convince me to buy?

Know any decent RPGs? (Already have Skyrim, got boring fast.)

SkyDrift? It's a quick cheap arcade game which would've been fun if more people played online.

Portal 2 also has new life thanks to the user-created levels, but you'd be better off having Internet access (unless you get new maps from thinkingwithportals.com)

Thought about Portal 2, but it doesn't really "grab" me as much anymore.

So SkyDrift isn't much fun on your own then?

What about those MX VS ATV games? Reflex is on Steam for like 20 bucks I've spent a good portion of my time here so far playing Offroad Fury 2, these sort of things hook me

SkyDrift is fun, the AI are hard, but just probably not long enough to last a month. And the online team game modes look even more fun, only I never got to try them.

Those TAV games are pretty all the same these days, don't do much for me. Played Motorstorm (PS3) and Pure and that was enough.

Split Second?

Just watched some Split second gamplay, it looks like the sort of fantasy racing that I'd just get fed up with in about 5 minutes.

I'm seriously considering the MX VS ATV, I'm just worried about the difficulty, these games tend to be either way too easy, or epically hard because of AI actions

EDIT: Buying Reflex, as soon at the Steam store decides to stop failing D:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution?

An epic game with an epic story. You could easily sink 50 hours into it including the DLC plus you can play again and try out new ways to hunt down and kill enemies as there are several ways. You could even stealth the whole game without killing a single person, apart from the boss fights. It's also on Steam and quite cheap now too. I think it's a strong contender for your preferences unless you have already played it of course!

I considered The Witcher, but I'm not sure I can really get into an RPG anymore, my attention span is gone.

L4D I hate with a passion, completely hopeless game. GTA4 was ok for about 10 minutes, then I got over the graphics and realized that it was one of the worst optimized and badly written games I've ever played.

Serious Sam I've never played, will check it out