We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

We're sad to announce that the TDU1 servers will be permanently shut down

TurboDuck

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 11: Reorganization. That is, the company restructures its finances to pay off its creditors, but maintains its ability to perform daily operations

Chapter 13: Creditors get a piece of the action

Chapter 7: Liquidation. All possessions of the company are sold off (goods, debts, even the shelves and display stands) as a means of repaying debt. (Remember Circuit City in c. 2007?). This is the death-knell of a company, although the name of the company may hold sufficient cachet that it can be "resurrected" by a different entity. (ie: CompUSA becoming a part of TigerDirect)

Jason

Atari are filing for Ch 11

Why should it die? If anything it's better to rebirth a popular and iconic brand than kill it. Ok the damage can be done but people are fickle and will come back to something if it's improved under the new owners.

I agree with you, through all the jokes about atari being a pile of crap (which they have been) and whatever I'm not happy to see it go bankrupt and hopefully this won't mean the end of any future TD developments. Although TDU2 and TD:ferraricrapgamethingy were a step in the wrong direction, if Atari and its developers are still around it means that they have the opportunity to make more games, surely the possibility of them actually making a decent game is better than there being absolutely no possibility at all.

It's not as if we have to think about protecting the name of TD or TDU, it's already been butchered.

If Atari is going to stay around, I don't care how good the next TD game is, if it has their name on it I'm not buying. Forza Horizon is beyond good enough for me and has the added benefit of the money spent on it *not* going to a group of scum like Atari. If FH sparks a GT competitor and maybe new IPs, all for the better.

Noooo anyone but EA.

The stigma that EA ruins everything with their cash-grabbing is just as annoying as the sentiment that Atari sucks because they ruined the TD franchise.

Personally, EA has produced more good games than bad ones, often with cheap enough DLC. And Atari has produced at least 8 amazing TD games and 1 bad one.

EA has the time, money and management to turn Atari around, I'm just thinking logically.

Developers make good games and EA have often spoiled them, even if it's only slightly. I'm not referring to any war games since I don't play them. On PC they're forcing us to install Origin when I simply don't want to. That's what led me to purchase the latest NFS game on Xbox instead of PC which as a result has bad graphics (compared to Forza) and lags.

When was the last time EA made a game that worked well with a steering wheel and had physics to match? Shift 1 was as close as it got but that was SMS and they're not working for EA again because they were fed up with their demands.

EA wouldn't do anything with the TD license mate, they have a habit of buying up competitor IP's and binning them or at least just keeping hold of them anyway. Think about it, Need for Speed is their racing title so TD would be surplus. I could honestly see Ubisoft snatching it if it did become available.

Ivory Tower should either: a) buy Atari name b) just buy TD name. Either way I'm happy. Well actually, as long as IT release something within the next 2 years, even if they call it 'Bob the Driver'.. I'm happy. Or someone else buy Atari (since it's been bought so many times already).