We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gran Turismo 6: "Concept Movie", Info & Screenshots

Eudemon

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you actually play it you don't even care that much, as i said many times, they are decent. Not the best, not the most accurate, not the most exciting, but it is really THAT big deal?

lol yes it is, it's like saying when I play a racing game I don't care if wheels are turning or not.

sounds, visuals, gameplay 3 mediums that make up a video game

Worth pointing out that this year a lot of the competition is putting a much larger emphasis on sounds (RaceRoom, iRacing, Project CARS, etc). If GT6 wants to keep it's simulator status then it's going to have to catch up when it comes to simulating sounds.

The problem is that good sounds use up quite a bit of the CPU (as do AI calculations, and dynamic physics/tyre model calculations, damage/collision calculations, etc); not sure how much is left in the PS3 to improve here.

To ignore one of the biggest criticisms of GT5 would be quite disastrous for PD, not just for the game GT6, but it'll take away some of the series heritage as a premium product and possibly become 'just another racing game'. Not something Sony wants for a console-seller.

That said, what we've seen of GT6 is probably WIP just like all the pCARS videos on YouTube with rubbish placeholder sounds, so let's reserve judgement for the final product. (The only difference being PD get to choose what to showcase in their demos whereas in pCARS everything is made available as soon as it's driveable)

I hope so , there aren't many reasons to buy this game.

I disagree. Gran Turismo has grown with me and has a ton of reasons to play, from collecting a wide array of cars (even if 50 of them are Skylines) to actually CHALLENGING races (unlike Forza which is so easy I can run laps around the hardest AI). Not to mention the physics and tuning (starting with 5 anyway) have been super brilliant. Yes, it lacks customization, hopefully that will be fixed in number 6. And yes, the sounds have never been that good - and yes that really dampens the game for lots of people. Hell, the only reason I don't play GT5 more often is because of the sounds, so we'll see what GT6 can offer. They should know it's something they need to work on so expect them to. Personally, I'm really excited for GT6, because I don't think it's going to be a grinding disappointment like GT5 was.

Expect GT6 to be a GT5,5. Whoever expect more than that will sure be disappointed. And, that was completelly expected from Polyphony because they said in GT5's release that they couldn't put everything they wanted in the game, because that would lead in a bigger delay.

With that said from them in the past, i knew GT6 wouldn't be totally different. So i expect the same sound quality.

To be sure I don't expect GT6 to sound so good that Diablo writes an article about it, but there has to be a noticeable improvement (along with the progress they've showcased in other areas). GT6 is very much about recouping profits from the massive budget and delays with GT5 if some reports are to be believed.

You do realise I've already posted these videos in the first post :)

@PD: Expect lots of gamers to not be impressed. I won't be preordering an expensive collectors edition of this game, at best I'll be waiting for it to be available somewhere cheap (eBay). Seems like a bit of a reverse ProLogue game.

Expect GT6 to be a GT5,5.

yeah, which is why we've been discussing why it's not a ps4 title.

and that was my point when I said there aren't many reasons to get it, over gt5.

I suppose it's nice if you already have a ps3 or you haven't sold it :lol:

yeah, which is why we've been discussing why it's not a ps4 title.

and that was my point when I said there aren't many reasons to get it, over gt5.

I suppose it's nice if you already have a ps3 or you haven't sold it :lol:

Other than GT5 being a disappointment and missing a ton of things that GT6 will offer :cheeky:

Other than GT5 being a disappointment and missing a ton of things that GT6 will offer :cheeky:

I thought it was quite good actually. I even did the 24 hour lemans race (this was before save option).

It's already pushing the limits of ps3. It'll be interesting to see what they'll come up with.

GT6 will have enough changes to make it worthy of a new version, the new tyre and suspension technical partnerships will definitely bring improvement to the handling in the game and even now it's evident this is the case with some of the videos that available to view. What won't stop though is people's hate of the sounds or the level of damage in the game, you may disagree and say X doesn't matter or Y isn't important when you're playing the game but there is a reason why I couldn't stand using the Ferrari 360 CS in TDU even though it is one of my favourite cars ever and that is because of the sound in the game. It was the same in GT4 and I still laugh when I hear the sounds of GT5 and 6 even today. You can say it's hard to get good sounds but and I'm not even going to go to the obvious of Turn 10 for this but instead look at Simbin. These guys are highly regarded as having the most authentic sounds in their games and it's easy to see why and they sure as hell don't have anything near the budget that PD or Turn 10 has to play with and yet they can eclipse them both in this regard.

• 2 weeks later...

Do I detect improved sounds, or are they fake (engine sound seems to continue when the scene changes)

Looks good but I can't see it being that good on the PS3... I'll wait for the PS4 version unless it's cheap and friends are playing it.