We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Crew: Car List - [UP29: Mar 1st 2016]

CarMadMike

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MrLolololXD

New ones are, ones built under direction of Rolls Royce from around the start of the 1950's up to the early 90's are terrible

My theory about great carmakers:

It was always a single man who wanted to build the best cars he could imagine. Examples could be Lotus Elan, Ferrari 250 GTO, Jaguar XK120, Bentley 4 1/2 Litre, Lamborghini Miura as results of the vision of Colin Chapman, Enzo Ferrari, Sir William Lyons, Walter Owen Bentley or Ferruccio Lamborghini.

Those men lost control, either due to age of financial crisis.

Others took over, which built different cars, which weren't true Lotus, Ferrari, Jaguar, Bentley, Lamborghini, or whatever.

Even though I adore the past of those carmakers (and I absolutely love everything Jaguar did until 2008 with the exception from X-Type Estate Diesel), I think the true greatness of today is to be found at Pagani. Horacio Pagani did, does, and - hopefully - will built "his" cars.

Regards

X8X8X

My theory about great carmakers:

Even though I adore the past of those carmakers I think the true greatness of today is to be found at Pagani. Horacio Pagani did, does, and - hopefully - will built "his" cars.

Funny you say that, as i think the best cars today are made by Horacio Pagani and Christian von Koenigsegg. They have the vision and passion to create something special and original. Those cars have soul.

At the "great" brands you see too many compromises. :cool:

Funny you say that, as i think the best cars today are made by Horacio Pagani and Christian von Koenigsegg. They have the vision and passion to create something special and original. Those cars have soul.
Horacio worked at Lamborghini before going to do his own thing. :D

I own 2 of them so I'm allowed to say that. :p

True, also you appreciate MG/R so I'll let is slide. :nods:

But if you want me to be really nerdy, the F is't a rover(uses Rover parts, and the chassis is really a Rover Metro but facing the wrong way) and the Mini only a rover pending the model year. But i wont get mad on technicalitys ;)