We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Next Generation Poll

Ryzza5

What console(s) will you own by June 2014?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What console(s) will you own by June 2014?

• No plans to buy the Xbone or PS4
    • Will probably be too expensive, will wait 2-3 years before buying one
    • Probably will buy one by then
    • Consider it pre-ordered for a Week 1 purchase
    • I'm insane and will own both consoles by then
    • PS4
    • Xbox One

Assuming both new consoles arrive at similar times (before the end of the year) - what consoles do you think you'll own this time next year?

We'll run another poll when we know more about the consoles.

How to Vote:

Either tick the 1st box only, or tick one from boxes 2-5 AND 6 and/or 7. So you'll pick no console, or you'll pick one or both consoles and when you'll probably get it.

Poll #1 Results: Post-E3

NGPoll1.PNG

The Post-E3 results have been archived ^ and the scores are reset following Microsoft's backflips and unboxing video, as well as extra reveals later this week at Gamescom.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xbone is looking a bit of a mess and may even if recent whispers are true be even less powerful than what was originally expected. PS4 has my attention I have to say for sure.

Did you guys know that the instant-switching and fluid snap shown at the reveal for example was just a video? Look up the Wired special and see what it's really like as of now. Sure they'll improve on it for launch but there is a lot coming out and being said that is worrying for the Xbone.

I'm staying away from the XBone because I'd rather not have Microsoft spying on me and making me pay a ton of money to play a used game and just generally having really terrible features on the console.

So as long as Sony doesn't screw us over with the same kind of stuff (they won't) I'll be getting a PS4 at launch.

If Sony bring in the same anti-consumer DRM then I'll avoid next-gen more than likely. A Sony PS2 era could be on the cards though as Sony's best PR is being done by Microsoft at no cost to Sony. :lol: MS had a $1bn marketing budget and Sony couldn't really compete with this but if you think about it MS has done more for Sony without even meaning it.

Who does MS poll and survey to think that this would wash with people! Anyway I'm glad to see the mainstream press like Wall Street Journal, TIME, Forbes, bbc and many more realising what they are planning and getting the word out there.

What's wrong with the Xbox One? :confused:

The fact that it's always listening and watching you in the privacy of your own home and the video and audio of you in the privacy of your own home is Microsoft's property to do with whatever they want, which means audio and video of you can be sold to anyone in the world.

I can't see how they're even getting away with this to be honest.

The NSA is happy to take the information so government's not an issue

It's not the government I'm worried about, it's the fact that your personal voice and image are now for sale to ANY company in the world so they can target you with specific ads, or offers - I don't want my privacy to be in invaded by ANYONE. I don't want my console to be listening to EVERYTHING that I say, it's disgustingly creepy.

Not only the privacy stuff but the whole not being able to freely lend your game to friends (unless you use your profile or they have been on your friends list for 30 days+), rent from stores, trade-in freely or sell via ebay (must use a pre-approved merchant), the whole 24 hours REQUIRED internet check-in otherwise NO gameplay at all, yes that includes single-player only games too. What else? Kinect needing to be plugged-in to use the console and always on, they may say you can turn off certain privacy options and such but even with this it will switch on when the words "Xbox On" are said so yeah you cannnot fully remove or disable it.

The possibility on the Kinect being able to track the amount of people in a room and charging admission for that movie you may be watching or want to watch with your mates. The probability that it may be lacking in power compared to PS4 (33-50%) and erm some more things but I'll leave it at that.