We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Next Generation Poll

Ryzza5

What console(s) will you own by June 2014?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What console(s) will you own by June 2014?

• No plans to buy the Xbone or PS4
    • Will probably be too expensive, will wait 2-3 years before buying one
    • Probably will buy one by then
    • Consider it pre-ordered for a Week 1 purchase
    • I'm insane and will own both consoles by then
    • PS4
    • Xbox One

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MS said it won't upload anything gathered from the Kinect without your permission (I imagine unless the government requests it).

PS4 is looking like the better choice so far.

And yet they also said they would upload video to the MPAA - with no comment on regarding about your personal feelings about it.

When I moved to a rural part of France it took us about a month to get our broadband sorted. The only thing that kept me sane during this time was playing single player games on my Xbox 360.

It makes me so angry thinking that this won't be possible on the supposedly 'better' next-gen console.

Considering the price the consoles will be, and the questionable privacy and the authoritarian M$ rules, I could see myself with either a PS4 or nothing at all.

MS said it won't upload anything gathered from the Kinect without your permission (I imagine unless the government requests it)

Microsoft was the first tech company to be a part of PRISM, an NSA spying program that collects online data. Chances are, they will request it, and Microsoft will happily oblige.

I think a lot of the big gaming companies are forgetting what type of people their consumers are. Let's be real, we're almost always inside, pale, never seeing the sunlight. Social life, lol wut? No, I don't care about connecting this game with Facebook or uploading my game activity to some random webpage. So why are you trying to make me be more social with online randos when I like having fun playing with myself? Hem, I mean by myself?

But seriously, we care more about the core gameplay, and to a certain extent the graphics. Not the extra features tacked on.

So if you did find something to like about the Xbone, you can now attribute it to a PC instead

Xbox One Games At E3 Were Running On Windows 7 With Nvidia GTX Cards

For those who haven't been following, the Xbox 1 uses an AMD graphics chip that isn't bleeding edge compared to what's available to high-end gaming PC's. What MS used at E3 was a PC running Windows 7 (instead of 8, which partly makes up the Xbox 1 OS), and is using an nVidia GPU instead of AMD, and is using the 780GTX which was only released a few weeks ago (brand new, much higher performance).