We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Next Generation Poll

Ryzza5

What console(s) will you own by June 2014?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What console(s) will you own by June 2014?

• No plans to buy the Xbone or PS4
    • Will probably be too expensive, will wait 2-3 years before buying one
    • Probably will buy one by then
    • Consider it pre-ordered for a Week 1 purchase
    • I'm insane and will own both consoles by then
    • PS4
    • Xbox One

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should all demand Turn 10 to release FM5 on PC now, since they've demonstrated it works fine :lol:

I do always wonder why they don't do this more often… Why develop on PCs and then not release on PC?

Mind you though, M$ are seemingly pretty anal about piracy and PC folk have an incredibly soiled reputation in that regard. :eek:

• 4 weeks later...
The solution for not having an internet connection is here!!!

:rofl:

One minute they say the Xbone is the only device you'll need under your TV, next minute he says you should really hang onto that X360... anyway he no longer works at Microsoft now

Still waiting for the Steam Summer Sale :wait2:

• 1 month later...

So now that Gamescom is a couple of days away and there will no doubt be more information and media to enjoy, it's time to archive the E3 poll and reset the scores. See the 'how to vote' info in the first post.

Hint - don't vote yet until Gamescom wraps up this weekend.

Here's a quick reminder video from E3:

The Xbone unboxing video is on the tduck homepage.

Perhaps you're not so interested in either console now after seeing the Oculus Rift and the Omni[directional treadmill] that'll bring Virtual Reality to a whole new level on PC.

So Gamescom is over now and to be honest I didn't hear as much console news as I first expected. The brief PS4 interface demo looked pretty good but there are still questions hanging over whether or not everyone's Internet will be good enough to make use of those features. Good on them for teaming up with Euro ISP's to improve speed - they said they will announce more so let's see if anything happens here (doubt it - waiting for the NBN roll-out).

The Xbone is starting to look more like a decent proposition although some of the features are a little half baked and everything still requires Gold membership. At this point in time I'm in no rush to get either (my biggest excitement is actually the Oculus Rift for PC) so I'll hold back and see what each console is like when they're both released and endlessly reviewed. Of course the other big swaying factor will be what everyone on my friends list does. :)

If I had to lean towards one right now it would still be the PS4.

So what about everyone else? Has Microsoft's backflips been enough to change your mind? The poll is reset so read the OP and vote again!

I have a feeling I'll be alone in this, but I haven't been particularly interested in either of these since they've been revealed and I have just not been bothered to really follow all of the news and dramas back and forth. I've always managed without consoles in the past and I honestly don't think I'll feel like I am missing out by not getting any of them. That is, until people start posting photos from GT6 and Forza 5...

GT6 is PS3, I wasn't too blown away by it but no doubt it'll be a good game and plenty of friends will be playing it so I'll be sure to grab a copy. Not sure about spending as much money as I did on GT5 though with the preordered collectors edition

• 2 weeks later...

The whole Win 8 Metro look just does not gel well with me, I don't like it and don't like it on the current 360 either. I can see though that with Kinect it will probably work quite well but I'm not a fan of the Metro interface at all. Just seems too minimalist and basic.

I've seen that too Ozz, anyone not knowing that PS4 is more powerful is kidding themselves however it will be down to the devs and Sony to show this and get the best out of the system. As if history has shown us one thing, it's that the most powerful console doesn't mean it will win in the number of sales!

The whole Win 8 Metro look just does not gel well with me, I don't like it and don't like it on the current 360 either. I can see though that with Kinect it will probably work quite well but I'm not a fan of the Metro interface at all. Just seems too minimalist and basic.

I've seen that too Ozz, anyone not knowing that PS4 is more powerful is kidding themselves however it will be down to the devs and Sony to show this and get the best out of the system. As if history has shown us one thing, it's that the most powerful console doesn't mean it will win in the number of sales!

also not everything is hardware ; if gt5 could run on 256 MB gpu and pcars struggle to run on a gpu 4 times more powerful than that,

it's all up to developers and the ms team to close the gap.

this is kind of why console hardware comparisons are irrelevant.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...