We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Discussion thread for The Crew Beta players

Ryzza5

For those who know about 'Fergus Pass' in northern O'ahu... looks like it's making a return in TC

2014-08-27_00060.jpg

2014-08-27_00061.jpg

Rather than unlocking/discovering tiny sections of road at a time like in TDU1, you unlock square zones/tiles, which should be much easier when it comes to getting 100% (except that you need to unlock the offroad zones as well)

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For everyone who has complained about the handling - thought I'd just quote a post from one of Ubisoft's community managers in their forums here:

Protips for everyone struggling to control their car:

Step 0: Plug in a 360 controller and set the mode to Sport.

Step 1: See the Steering Speed Factor slider? Move it all the way to the right.

Step 2: Like Forza? Move Steering Linearity to two ticks from the lowest setting (left-most). Like NFS? Move Steering Linearity to two ticks from the highest setting (right-most).

Step 3: Leave Steering Sensitivity in the middle-ish. Just a tick or two up or down from center, based on preference.

Step 4: ????

Step 5: Profit

Enjoy having your car not handle like a brick in an ice rink.

Cheers,

Chem

Note that I have not tried this yet so I don't know how it feels. Personally the handling in this game for me is decent; certainly much better than TDU2 the-game-which-must-not-be-named, but it could be better.

Edit: Tried both Steering Linearity settings, and I think I like the 'NFS' setting more, though I tested them out in Hardcore, not Sport mode.

Well, the Force Feedback is so good my DFGT couldn't handle it. It burned :crying:

Luckily the warranty ends in two months, hopefully I'll have it back before the crew release.

And about the handling, I must say I quite like it on a wheel. But like you said, the traction makes drifting feel a bit artificial. From what I've seen on the official forums, many people complain about this, so hopefully they'll fix it ;)

The FFB on my Logitech Momo works for a while then vanishes for the rest of the session although it was functional for a considerably long time today... :mhmm:

Also, for drifting, try driving a Dirt spec car on Sport/Hadcore mode. I get some pretty cool drifts with my Dirt 370z and it's quite fun!

Also, for drifting, try driving a Dirt spec car on Sport/Hadcore mode. I get some pretty cool drifts with my Dirt 370z and it's quite fun!

I know about that but I had Mustang which for drifting was so-so. But now I have to take back what I said, I finally bought Skyline and drifting it on dirt spec is wonderful ;D Even on keyboard the handling is quite good for my taste.

But should being able to do a good powerslide require a totally different spec? There are many car fanatics who want to unleash that power on the road via their favourite cars and you can bet your ass most of them want to slide that tail out when they put the hammer down!

But should being able to do a good powerslide require a totally different spec? There are many car fanatics who want to unleash that power on the road via their favourite cars and you can bet your ass most of them want to slide that tail out when they put the hammer down!

You have a point there. Although my Dirt car slides far better than my stock or Street car, getting in a slide in the latter two isn't that difficult either (at least for me) and they hold for a good while. Apparently the (tiny tiny) cash rewards for Drifts ingame goes like this:

Drift: 2 bucks

Good Drift: 3 bucks

Cool Drift: 5 bucks

Awesome Drift: 6 bucks

Epic Drift!: 10 bucks

Just remembering the rewards off the top of my head and I think I got them all wrong :lol:

But anyway I have managed to get a few 'Awesome Drifts' in my stock/Street cars, and went as far as 'Epic Drift!' in my Dirt.

well that's what I mean when cars have too much traction. I've tried it with 6 cars and you just cannot slide the tail just with throttle. You need NOS or handbrake to create an artificial oversteer. The physics reminds me of TDU's normal mode a lot.

It's got a RPG element to it too remember so maybe the cars more responsive as you increase it's Level and parts? Keep forgetting this game has nitrous too, hopefully you don't need to use it but then if that was the case the races/events/skills would be too easy for those who did use it.

:think:

It's got a RPG element to it too remember so maybe the cars more responsive as you increase it's Level and parts? Keep forgetting this game has nitrous too, hopefully you don't need to use it but then if that was the case the races/events/skills would be too easy for those who did use it.

:think:

I never use it, it doesn't help that much with an h-shifter anyway, you constantly have to change gears and loose concentration.

and I'm not sure about weight reduction ryzza, all it does is increase the grip and traction from what I can tell. This game doesn't really have a physics engine that is related with real life :cheeky:

I guess we'll have to wait until we get a chance to play with more cars and parts

I've been able to do some decent slides with my Challenger at high speeds with the pedal down... :mhmm: