We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Discussion thread for The Crew Beta players

Ryzza5

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Anti-Aliasing looks bad because of that "movie grain" that is always on and cannot be turned off.

I think the movie graining is one of the very few things that i do not like when playing. It is exaggerated and distracting.

It can be a cool effect for replays, but for normal gameplay i don't really like it.

The sunsets and sunrises, on the other hand, are epic

I recently replayed The Run and can't think of any sudden weather changes during gameplay (maybe between levels). Maybe a sandstorm or avalanche but they were done realistically. Not like suddenly switching between blue skies and heavy fog.

• 3 weeks later...

ok I've been playing it for some time now and here's my review in summary :

tumblr_m266dorc6L1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

ok ok lets backtrack. It's not that good

I mean the map, the graphics the game design, interface all amazing. Waaay beyond my expectations. It is obviously a quality product, they have put a lot of thought into the details.

But I'm sorry the physics are just not as good as TDU. It is still fun to drive around but nowhere near the hc mode. The cars have too much grip, impossible to drift or get the back wheels spinning even in powerful muscle cars.

I do like the wheel support however, it's not half-arsed EA wheel support, they did actually spend some time on it. Force feedback feels descent, clutch and h-shifter support is a really good touch.

The only problem frankly is the physics, and I don't think it'll get fixed as we've learned from TDU2. But definitely worth buying.

Someone refresh me please: Wasn't HC mode in TDU1 just less gravity?

not really, it was fun. There was actually some precision to it. I feel The crew is sliding more towards TDU2's side in terms of physics which explains why you would like it :P

let me explain

there is NO understeer whatsoever.

and when oversteer occurs it's not natural, it's like drifting on nfs games (not quite but same principle).

Also braking power is too strong like TDU2, it needs heavy tweaking.

not really, it was fun. There was actually some precision to it. I feel The crew is sliding more towards TDU2's side in terms of physics which explains why you would like it :P

let me explain

there is NO understeer whatsoever.

and when oversteer occurs it's not natural, it's like drifting on nfs games (not quite but same principle).

Also braking power is too strong like TDU2, it needs heavy tweaking.

FWIW, I prefer TDU1's physics to TDU2 :D.

I think we need to start getting away from the whole Hardcore mode in TDU1 thinking people, this is a new game from a new team made up of those from different studios. Yes you can reference TDU1 and other games to your hearts content and I want you to but don't just use that as the only comparison. There have been plenty of other games released since that so maybe comparisons to those games would help too.

And of course make sure you tell these things via the Official means of doing so.