We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Your Game of 2014?

Eudemon

[headline]Your Game of The Year 2014[/headline]

Another year is about to be gone and it has been an interesting one for gaming, with majorly-hyped games falling short of that hype, massive release day problems and patching, whereas others have surprised and come from seemingly nowhere. We've had new-gen versions of GTA V, Assetto Corsa reached its 1.0 version release and the underdog of the Wii U continues to deliver the goods to its owners with top quality games such as Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros U to mention only a couple. Yes it has been a year with some ups and a lot of downs but despite this there have been some real gems and we want to know what yours was. So come on tell us and share a small sentence or two about why it was your pick of 2014. :cool:

Haven't played any of these but ah well.

Driveclub, for its brilliant graphics and the nice countries/settings they've used for the imaginary road tracks. I like that more than typical race circuits.

GTA V remastered, they've managed to make it look so good. Plus the graphics and basically the whole game looks more appealing than the 50 shades of grey and brown IV was.

I don't really have anything to add. I got Watch Dogs but I can't really say I liked it (Jordi Chin for president!). I bought Max Payne 3 but it isn't a 2014 game and I really don't like it at all, not enough to maintain a focus span at least long enough to finish storymode. I planned on getting V, but my version won't be a 2014 game either since PC got the gracious delay into january (if not beyond that).

TDU because it is online again.

Race 07/GTR Evolution because I've got it for free on Steam.

ETS2 because it is still pretty cool to drive around Europe in a truck (lorry for you, Britons).

All I played this year.

Assetto Corsa is looking good and I think it is going to be even better next year. It'd be even better if I could play it with a wheel & pedals.

DriveClub is very cool IMHO because of the graphics, attention to details and pretty much the most accurate vehicle sounds yet.

Yep, I'd go for TDU's revival as well.

I don't think I've bought any games this year either, but ignoring that it's still pretty hard to choose a game. A lot of disappointment this year I think, with AC being buggy as hell, The Crew not being what some people had hoped for. Drive Club looks beautiful but I'd probably get bored with it :hmmm: Watch_Dogs looks like a really cool game but some people have said it wasn't great :mhmm:

- Ryse: Son Of Rome (PC)

A game set in ancient Rome, and it's not another strategy game? My attention was instantly caught with the PC version announcement. i'm feeling the exact same thing now with the announcement of the PC version of Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round.*

- The Powerpuff Girls: Defenders Of Townsville

I love the cartoon series, and this game doesn't disappoint in the slightest.

- Multiplayer revival of Test Drive Unlimited

I had a few, but awesome cruises with some of the tduck members. Not just that, but it also seemed to reignite the modding interest, which is the biggest reason why i'm still playing this game, even after the official servers were shutdown. I love to cruise around in an awesome super/hypercar while listening to lots of metal, dubstep, trance, breakbeat and j-rock music to name a few.

*which is another game i'm totally looking forward to. and no, it's not just because of the characters.

Okay I have a few:

Forza horizon 2, absolutely amazing game graphics are amazing and I can't get enough of it endless racing tuning cars and racing them against mates even creating ridiculous cars is a blast and I thoroughly enjoy it.

Shadow of mordor, beautiful game some of the best Combat I've seen in a game assassins creed and skyrim mixed what more can you ask for.

The master chief collection, what can I say great game 4 full games and the second was gorgeous and brings back memories, addictive game and I love it.

Mentioning Assassin's creed unity, I've only played a few hours but so far it's great they've added heaps of customisation and the gameplay is fluid no bugs and I have to say it's the best looking game on this gen to date the graphics make you want to go to the highest point and stare at the game.

So many I'd like to put down, but so many that I only played for a fortnight and haven't touched since...

Would love to put down a driving game, I honestly would. But since I've been driving for real I've found no racing games have really done it for me.

Horizon 2 was just there, more an expansion for the first one which was 'above meh' in my eyes. The second was forgettable and haven't touched it since October. . DriveClub I liked, but I really wanted to like it more than I do....sadly it has't pulled me back to play it in over a month. And The Crew? Was great to just go for a drive and explore....but that sadly wore off quickly. Other than that it was meh.

Nearest one would be GT6 and that was because I can compare the Cappuccino in game to the one outside. :lol:

All other games were 2013 stuff, so wont go into that.

So for me:

GTA5 because it managed to be more than just polished graphics, and it keep's pulling me back!

WatchDogs. Alot of people felt let down by this, I though it was great. Story and game play were great and was something different.