We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

BBC Top Gear [It's back!]

Andreas¹

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TopGear live shows in Norway being cancelled (or 'postponed') isn't the greatest of signs for Jeremy's or TopGear's future. I'd be surprised if we heard anything said publicly this week, I predict news next week but i'd be pleasantly happy with an end to this all sometime before Friday.

You're just doing what Piers wants you to do. He isn't interested in the stories and the morals/principles being debated in them, he's interested in how much publicity and media attention he can get if he discusses certain topics. He writes articles but makes them all about himself. He's ridiculously self-obsessed, the type to cry when he loses a twitter follower I imagine.

Jeremy Clarkson to be sacked! And on that bombshell.....

Jeremy Clarkson is to be sacked as Top Gear presenter after a BBC investigation concluded he did attack a producer on the programme.

Lord Hall, the Director General of the BBC, is expected to announce his decision on Wednesday after considering the findings of an internal investigation.

Clarkson, 54, will be thanked for his work on the hugely popular motoring show, but will be told such behaviour cannot be tolerated at the Corporation.

It is understood a report into the so-called ‘fracas’ at a North Yorkshire hotel, concluded that [Clarkson] spent 20 minutes verbally abusing producer Oisin Tymon, before launching a 30 second physical assault on him.

Jeremy Clarkson to be sacked by the BBC - Telegraph

Oh god please not Evans, I cannot stand him, I can hardly watch bits of The One Show when he is on. Curiously I didn't mind him on The Big Breakfast but he's got one of those LOUD voices.

Holy moo, even though I was expecting it I wasn't really expecting it. I wonder what will happen to James and Richard mainly. To be really honest I'm not sure I want the show to continue without Clarkson no matter how big of an oaf he can be. I'm sure they would all get hoovered up real fast though if they were to leave together. As someone said, Clarkson could only really win and the BBC could only really lose.

I also wonder what will happen to the rest of the shows/segments that were never aired. I realized that the SUV segment which is one of the ones I was looking forward to most hasn't been shown yet. Does one dare to hope for some DVD/streaming release maybe?

Given how 'last minute' they were with making TG I've got a feeling they might be fine with taking an extended holiday (depending of course on finances).

I feel more sorry for the average behind the scenes guys & girls who are potentially out of work.

I thought about them too but not too worried for them, considering how huge the BBC is and how many shows they produce there will probably be work somewhere else. At least that's what they told Clarkson's victim who was worrying about precisely that in an article I read.

I reckon he will be, after all, you cN't just let it go after he abused someone, in any other line of work you'd get sacked pretty much on the spot. It's very very sad however.

Wait, can't Dave just take on new TG? I mean, there will be ad breaks, but it'll be better than nowt!

And from this point Oisin Tymon will forever be known as the guy that finished TopGear... basically because he didn't do his job properly. Not saying that Jeremy didn't over react, but I do know how grumpy I can get when I'm hungry.

I feel more sorry for the hundreds of other people that will lose income because of this.

And from this point Oisin Tymon will forever be known as the guy that finished TopGear... basically because he didn't do his job properly.
I wish the full report would hurry up and come out so crap like this wouldn't be aimed at the guy without anyone knowing what actually happened.

UPDATE:

Jeremy Clarkson's contract will not be renewed after a physical altercation with a producer, the BBC's director general Tony Hall has said.

Lord Hall said he had "not taken this decision lightly" and recognised it would "divide opinion".

However, he added "a line has been crossed" and he "cannot condone what has happened on this occasion".

Jeremy Clarkson's contract will not be renewed.

/edit: Statement in Full