We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

F1 2015

CarMadMike

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Red Bull want to leave F1 and need an excuse why not just lessen their engine reliability and run out of swaps...

Question on that engine limit rule: is it that you can only have 4 engines per year (say you repair and swap 2 engines 5+ times), or is it that you can only make 4 swaps (repair and swap 2 engines 4 times)?

You can swap the engines as much as you want and also repair broken parts if possible. But the 4 engine limit is on the major parts of the engine so the block, head and all the energy recovery things. So if you knacker one of the cylinder bores then that's the engine ruined.

I think it's funny how RB are threatening to leave F1. It's not like they've ever dominated the sport or anything. :umm:

You think Rosberg will be able to match Hamilton this year? Last year all his victories were because of Hamilton's problems, he did get close many, many times but he never was able to overtake him. Same deal as Webber, only won a handful of races while his teammate took the jackpot.

Also, out of Vettel's 3 first championships, 2 were won in the very last race so I wouldn't call that winning with ease :p Want winning with ease? Rewatch 2014 (or 2011 or 2013 for that matter).

Santtu putting an anti-LH spin on things, quelle surprise :p

I don't think people, other than those putting up a lot of cash into any team that isn't Mercedes, have the right to complain too much, I think last year had some fantastic races (Bahrain?). Let's hope for some thunderstorms and that things get a bit cray cray this weekend. Some DNFs for exciting reasons rather than reliability on the 1st lap.

This weekend's GP (FPs, Qualifying and the race) is one of the few that the BBC has the right to broadcast UK people, so don't forget to tune in :nods:

Also, make your guess on whether Maldonado will crash, if he does, what lap? :p

Like Damon hill said i think Rosberg did all he could do last year to beat Hamilton but couldn't. And according to him it will be the same this year so read into that what you will. I do believe the gap is a lot smaller than it was with Vettel and Webber but there is still certanly a gap between Rosberg and Hamilton.

There was a couple championships won at the last race but i truly believe Vettel had the car under him to win with ease. He imo always seemed to just control the distance he needed to and just finish the race.

I'm getting up to watch it. Not missed a race live for years.

IMO the only reason Vettel got that close was because Rosberg blocked Hamilton on his penultimate lap then Hamilton slowed Rosberg down to say thanks on both of their final laps and because his tyres had gone.

As much as I never liked Vettel winning, it's nice to see another team giving Mercedes a run for their money, and I'm secretly glad its Ferrari, even if Alonso is no longer there...

Alonso seems to have a nack for going to teams when they're at their worst :lol:

• 2 months later...

Button broke down in FP2, the car is still broke so no Qualifying for Button in Canada.

#progress #mclarenprogress #hondapowerftw #rondennisisbae

Sigh. Can't wait to hear through various media outlets how Button and Alonso are still talking about progress. I'm more than willing to be proven wrong and i want them to do well but ffs stop talking about progress until you get the friggin results. The amount of bs PR that's come out of Mclaren Honda this season is infuriating.

20th to 13th is progress though. Maybe not as much as we'd like but Honda employees aren't magic. :p

Alonso has retired from the previous 3 races, what's the point in making him faster if he can only go half the race? Did honda think they were signing up for Formula E? he can't jump out at the half way point and hop into a second car. I simply refuse to acknowledge this underlying progress while they're still having such large issues, I think this is the first weekend I've seen them start to understand this too. However to start coming out on the defensive and say that people are pushing them down is a bit weird, they've got a huge fanbase, they've got insane financial backing, they're part of that crappy elitist 'F1 Strategy Group', mentioning that people are wanting them to fail is absolutely ridiculous. I want them to do well, I'm only critical because I'm a big fan of McLaren.

I'm not asking for Honda Employees to perform a miracle or do some Magic as you inferred, I'm simply asking them to do what I know is possible, because errrr every other constructor is managing to do it. Renault have had their fair share of problems but they're still not as bad as Honda.

On a related note, i'll leave this here:

'Concerns grow for Whitmarsh' :lol:

Concern grows for Whitmarsh Sniff Petrol

About Alonso's retiring: I think he's just given up in few of the races. He's fighting against windmills for as long as he's entertained and then retires from the race when he's had enough and enjoys his massive paycheck. Why else would he refuse to save fuel when the team tells him to :lol:

As much as I'd hate to see a US team dominate the sport, I do hope HaasF1's entry into F1 can stir something interesting up. Or perhaps any other new team in 2016, I think they said there's space for one more? A new team with William's kind of pace would spice things up.