We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

Does the wide air intake assist with brake cooling on some cars?

On the Golf (which looks ok (but not desirable) to me), the top small grill feeds the Cold Air Intake via the air filter.

The bottom one is for the intercooler and air conditioning compressor.

Bentley looks pretty bad [in that colour].

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the new E-Class. Those who expected it to be a C XL or a mini S: you've advanced a round for the refrigerator!

Not liking it. Too much the same, too easily done. Just like with the initial introduction of the current gen SL, seeing 1 photo is enough to already get interested in its successor. The coupe can save perhaps save it a little bit, the AMG won't be a surprise... Who wonders what will be done to the CLS? It could become a Mercedes-badged A# Sportback :eek:.

mercedes-e-klasse-2016-01.jpg

mercedes-e-klasse-2016-05.jpg

mercedes-e-klasse-2016-10.jpg

mercedes-e-klasse-2016-09.jpg

mercedes-e-klasse-2016-16.jpg

Low-res thanks to Autoblog.nl.

:yawn:

It's... Boring. And that's coming from me. Haven't they said they want to get younger customers a few years ago? I have nothing else to say other than that I am disappointed by the exterior. Even the AMG package does not help it at all; for example, the base C-class, without the AMG package and big wheels, looks like a used bonbon. With it, it looks pretty nice and hides the visually narrow rear end. This is "meh."

2012-Mercedes-Benz-E63-AMG.jpg

:boss:

e55amg.jpg

:boss:

The new E-Class is a difficult one to judge, as if we were to judge it by itself ignoring the C and S class I think people would be a lot more positive than they have been.

My main gripe is that the E-Class, especially the predecessor to this new one, has always looked like quite a masculine 'muscle' saloon car and it's always been very cool to me for that reason.

I don't dislike the new design at all, it's just way too similar to the other two which is a shame. Still a decent car and if I was looking for a car in that sector It'd still be a contender.

I agree with most, except the AMG GT and CLS, you can only mistake those for others if you have your eyes shut. The CLS hasn't followed the wrap-around-grille headlights and has unique body sides, and the AMG GT only gets near the SL because of the general shape of the headlight, but nothing else (bumpers are different, and grille on the facelift SL is now upside down creating more difference).

Any news on any possible Avistas with Opel or Vauxhall badges on? As obviously Buick is the third in that GM badge-engineering trio.

3.0 400hp V6 would stand out a fair bit in comparison to the rest of their range of models so i'm not very optimistic we'll be seeing it in europe, if we do it'll most likely have a 4 pot :lol:

GM have got a surprise with Buick.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24601[/ATTACH]

Called the Avista, it's apparently 'Camaro' sized and powered by a twin turbo'd 3.0 V6 pumping out 400Hp.

I like this.

Interesting, very nice. Looks almost Jaguar-ish. Is McLaren aware they're missing some headlights? :lol:

Nice car that Buick. Now to wait for America's true influence: rebadge it for at least 3 brands, including former saleschampion Opel, and ruin all 3 cars by making them too cheap to touch and overpriced for their class.

Also today: meet the Lexus LC. A bit radical styling but somewhere I really like it:

lexusLC.jpg

And Aston Martin posted this, a video for the new 5.2 twin turbo V12: