We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Salon de TDUCK: New Car Releases

CarMadMike

When has anyone ever asked you what car you drive? They either already know (have seen it) or don't care. Bikes are a different story as it's more just for commuting (in my case).

Heard the 5cyl engine in real life. Yes it's good, but I'd rather a lighter car. The one in the RS3 specifically also hangs in front of the front axles which creates an understeer issue (eventually).

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only like the Golf 7 technically/theoretically. My parents bought a normal Highline one and it just doesn't do much for me. It's good, but a bit numb, and I don't fancy the interior. I much prefer the experience I get from my car. So I'd go for the Audi S3 this time around, except that I've driven that and felt a little let down compared to the gorgeous interior photos. So I'd probably be content to wait for the next version, and perhaps get a faster/better bike.

I only like the Golf 7 technically/theoretically. My parents bought a normal Highline one and it just doesn't do much for me. It's good, but a bit numb, and I don't fancy the interior. I much prefer the experience I get from my car. So I'd go for the Audi S3 this time around, except that I've driven that and felt a little let down compared to the gorgeous interior photos. So I'd probably be content to wait for the next version, and perhaps get a faster/better bike.

Bike. That's all you need out of life, a nice daily and fun vehicle.. that also gets good fuel economy.. because bike.

• 2 weeks later...

And here we go, NEWS!

Leaked images from this morning showing a facelifted 3 Series sedan. It's the 340i (previously 335i, don't ask me why they changed the name) Sport Line I guess.

bmw-3-series_600-600x400.jpg

bmw-3-series_600f-600x400.jpg

BMW-3-Series_2012_800x600_wallpaper_05.jpg

bmw-3-series_600d-600x400.jpg

BMW-3-Series_2012_800x600_wallpaper_65.jpg

bmw-3-series_600g-600x400.jpg

Yeah, it looks the same. I was hoping for more.

Just different front and rear bumpers, LED head- and taillights and little details in the interior. It will get brand new engines, though. And today is the 40th anniversary of the 3 Series so BMW is doing a big event which is going to be streamed right here.

It's here. A car that most of you won't like, but i love it.

2016 Dodge Viper ACR! :D :msuh:

7mjX90x.jpg

This Dodge follows what the past ACR did, keep the engine untouched, although, make it a trackday racer that eats corners for breakfests. It's been improved in 3 different areas: Aerodynamics, tires and chassis.

As aerodynamics goes, it has the opitional Extreme Aero package, that gives it basically a massive rear dual spoiler, an unique front lip and other things that gives it the title of the highest aerodynamic downforce of any production car. 3 times more downforce than the Viper TA. It has a difuser that rubs on the ground aswell... (not sure how that works), but at the end, apparently it's capable of over 1.5g around corners.

It also has those super sticky glue-like tires, brembo ceramic brakes and a Bilstein suspension specially designed for the ACR. Seems like that America really learned how to hit the apex on corners. ;)

CusZvel.jpg

Not to mention that i think it looks absolutelly fantastic. :lol:

Sauce:

Carthrottle

Netcarshow.com - 2016 Dodge Viper ACR

Dodge doesn't seem to care about ACR sales... And imo, that's great! Cars have to be made to be cars, not to be a pile of money to who manufacture it. You kill the passion by doing that.

By the way, i'd buy it. Lol Even if it's the same or more expensive than a Porsche GT3 RS.

• 3 weeks later...

2 things....

The Lamborghini Urus (Not a fan of the name, it sounds like some kind of sexually transmitted disease).

jazwqgv0gwfxbwfiu48x.jpg

Image from Jalopnik - Drive Free or Die

Appears to have gotten the green light thanks to the Italian government giving Lambo a tax break. What do people think? Are lambo needing the Finance à la Porsche Cayenne being the saviour of Porsche, or is this simple Niche filling. Yah we're all aware of the LM002 and the tractors, but we all know they'll be driven around Knightsbridge with god-awful hamann bodykits and gold/chrome wraps.

The Alfa Romeo Giulia

1275278469116747667.jpg

Jalopnik got it's hands on some new artist impressions of the upcoming Alfa Giulia, which is meant to be unveiled next month at the Milan motor show.

Very important car, the 4C did a large part in making sure people still cared about Alfa as a company, but this will be the biggest test. I think that's why it's taken SO long to come out too, I feel like I was a fetus last time I heard much news on the Giulia.

New Opel-Vauxhall Astra revealed after morning's leak.

Lighter, smaller, blah blah, Matrix LED, ventilated and massaged seats (*cough* BMW 3er *cough*), no adaptive suspension surprisingly.

Not a big change from the old model but they've tweaked it very well.

opas20_556c6ba6bd510.jpg

620_556c6bc922638.jpg

opas03_556c6ba626309.jpg

opas90_556c6ba93ce79.jpg

2015 Vauxhall Astra revealed - pictures, engines and specs | Autocar

Lighter, smaller, blah blah, Matrix LED, ventilated and massaged seats (*cough* BMW 3er *cough*), no adaptive suspension surprisingly.

Mentioning the 3er in the same sentence as the Astra, even if it's 'The 3er is 100000000 x better than the Astra' is still a huge improvement over previous generations of the thing.

Progress needs to be made though, GM needs to make Opel/Vauxhall's Vehicles fun to drive, and give them that lalalala 'VXR/OPC' car treatment on most Models. I'm sure this is a very decent car but it simply isn't desirable, it'll make a great rental car or company car/sales fleet car but that's pretty much it, I wouldn't rush out to buy one. That said, the previous gen 3-door was starting to look quite stylish, have pics of the new 3-door been released yet? None were on Autocar. I feel like Vauxhall and Opel are rather ignored by GM, they put minimum effort into it as a company for some reason.

On another note, I stopped checking Autocar a few months ago now, it seems to have lost its journalistic integrity (and its best journalist) due to how much bias (read: how much £££ it gets from) it gives towards JLR etc. I hope it turns around as it's always been a big brand in the UK for motoring magazines, but for the moment I simply can't be arsed with them.

Yeah, it might be a popular choice for a fleet car but does it make the car (any car really) worse? In all respect, I can't see where you're heading with this, Mike.

The condition of Opel isn't good at the moment and I do hope this new Astra will get them to the right path and be at least the second best car in the segment (with Golf securing the 1st place as always). I've read, though, that sales of the Insignia have gone up this year which is surprising given the fact that it's kinda old and, be honest, not that well accepted...?

I would have to think pretty hard to come up with a car that I want to get ASAP and is not a sports/lux model... Maybe I'm nit picking but the word "desirable" has no place in there. You can't really have a desirable, little hatchback that needs to do everything just right and be sold to million people around the world.

As for Autocar and biased journos, well, from the UK I read only evo and occasionally Pistonheads. I don't know how's it with AutoExpress and others there, but every major outlet in every country is biased towards the country's major manufacturer - French, Germans, Czechs... Tis a big problem these days.

Yeah, it might be a popular choice for a fleet car but does it make the car (any car really) worse? In all respect, I can't see where you're heading with this, Mike.

I wasn't criticising the car as being a decent Fleet car choice, I was saying it needs to try and be an attractive choice outside of that Market too, which I feel this might be - the issue is Peugeot are attempting to do the exact same thing with the 308, move it 10% more upmarket to try and move into a less crowded price point, if more people follow suit then A) They'll have achieved nothing by doing this, and B) the company that doesn't follow them will have the original market to themselves.

The Vauxhall brand took a battering in the 00's I feel (Every Corsa D EVER built should be crushed). I think they should work on getting the SRI/GSI/GTE badge to mean something like It used to, not just a trim level that means better rims and aircon etc. The previous Astra VXR/OPC had bonkers performance compared to the standard Astras, there is/was space to offer something decent in this gap, something people will want to trade their 2.0 TDI low specced VW Golf for, for example. I'm probably just talking crurp here.

The previous 3 door Astra was more than just a 3 door Astra, they added sportier suspension too, this is a step in the right direction I think.

I think what Mike is saying is that GM needs to wake up and realize that Opel/Vauxhall could much more than it is now.

One thing that Opel needs is a car that give a massive slap in the face to other car makers in europe, like a Opel version of a Dodge Charger Hellcat and a Coupe based on the insignia that could be the new Calibra, but that may never happen since GM only see Opel/Vauxhall and their R&D department.