We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Most distant license plate you've seen

Andreas¹

Something I saw on a different forum and seemed interesting. :cheeky:

Post the most distant license plates you've seen, IE the cars that have traveled the furthest to be where you are. It doesn't have anything to do with the car itself :D

As for myself it would probably be some cars from Spain, though I've seen 2 each from Monaco and Luxembourg and those would probably be rarer.

Don't forget to include your own location if it doesn't say above your post :p

Ooh good game :nods: I'll have to keep an eye out for this, as a lot of people drive down here from central europe/eastern europe.

UK cars are quite common even though it's a good 500 miles+ distance to here.

Haven't got anything in particular/any photos to add just yet but I'll be on the look out.

Guest MrLolololXD

I've seen cars with Western Australia plates.

Which is about the distance of London to Moscow +400miles (640kms), or from New York to Dallas Texas +650 miles (1000kms), for those who aren't familiar with the size of Australia.

But I've also seen imported cars with plates from other countries.

A van showed up where I work a couple of weeks ago which was on Bulgarian plates, but that was a one off as it was over here to pick something up from us and then drive all the way back. Other than that the ones I see probably once or twice every couple of months are Lithuanian and Polish plates and they're getting on for 1000+ miles. I'm in the south west of England.

The one I always remember most was a BMW E46 in southern Tenerife which was on English plates, never expected to see that over there :p

UK has alot of different from the EU, mostly Eastern Europe but will see German, Dutch, French and Italian every so often and mostly in the Summer.

There was a Suzuki saloon going around my area that was on US plates though. Not US style UK plates like you see on alot of muscle cars here. Think it was Minnesota or Montana. Along way from home...

UK plates are very rare here but the few times I do see them they always seem to be attached to some form of Land Rover :p There is a RHD BMW on UK plates at uni though...

For some reason there are tons of Dutch cars here, I'd say they are even more common than the Danish ones one would expect, I swear I think they're invading soon. :susp: Dan? Helmy?